February 23rd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southeast U.S.
Device(s): Nexus One, Huawei U8150 (Comet)
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
* Need a file app. I use Astro
* To toggle auto rotation on and off, I use AutoRotate Switch
* Color Flashlight to put up a bright white screen
* Data Counter Widget to keep track of data use (I use the phone with prepaid data so I need to keep non-wifi data use low)
* K9 Mail for email
* MyBackup Pro to save data and apps to SD card
* myLock Auto Unlock to toggle the lock screen
* OperaMini to minimize data use when browsing
* Skype for calling when out of the country
* Amazon Kindle so I can read stuff while waiting in lines, at the doctor's office, etc.
All of these aren't essential, of course. The two toggles are for convenience sake, for example. The file app, I suppose, is the only one that I'd probably deem essential, followed probably by the email app.