Hi JK1989, Is your phone brand new?
I don't understand why you are starting your phone using the Vol+ button.
It should start by pressing the Power button on the top of the phone.
I've just checked my phone and there are no new updates for the U8150.
Were you trying a "Forced Upgrade"?
From the FAQ's Manual:
2.1 Forced Upgrade
The forced upgrade method is as follows:
Note: After the forced upgrade, all user data (contacts, text messages, and multimedia messages) will be lost.
1. Go to Support - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..
and search for the latest U8150 version, download it to the local drive, and uncompress it to extract the upgrade file.
2. In the SD card root directory, create a new folder named dload. Take the extracted upgrade file, UPDATE.APP, and copy it to the dloadfolder.
3. Insert the SD card into the mobile phone.
4. When the mobile phone is powered off, press the Volume +, End, and Power keys at the same time to initiate the forced upgrade.
5. After the upgrade is complete, restart the phone, and continue to use as before.
If it doesn't work when you press the buttons, I found it important to press the buttons simultaneously (all together) at once. Neil.
ps. I can email you a plan of the phone if you Post your email address here.