Ok replying to myself but i have made a working boot animation.
I can turn virtually any animation found online into a working one for the hydro
as long as i cant rip the image apart (on flashable ones) to get to the PNG file
Size doesn't seem to matter, ive got a 22mb boot animation in now.
longer animation longer boot but eh.
I have a messed up frame someplace that kind of makes a flashy effect in the 1st half of the animation but im lazy to look through 400 frames, i'll just redo it if i keep this animation
Ok now some info
1) Phone must be rooted, and you need a file manager that can mount root and read AND write
2) Boot animation MUST be named bootanimation.311870.zip
3) Zip file MUST be uncompressed (store mode in winrar)
4) Size of png files must be 320X480
5) png files must be named startup_##.png (startup_02.png etc)
6)your zip file MUST have a Boost1 and Boost2 directory and a desc.txt file
desc.txt looks like this
320 480 45
p 1 0 Boost1
p 0 0 Boost2
Ok tools i am using aside from phone being rooted
Infanview (FREEWARE) to batch rename and resize png files
Winrar (NOT FREE) to pack everything in a non compressed zip file
Im converting the galaxy nexus animation now to test.
when my webhost is done farting around in maintainence i'll upload some finished ones
I also need to work on optimizing the file size of the png files
all gifs above at very reduced color
My webhost is having issues, i will put up some download links when they fix it