May 6th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 90 Times in 63 Posts
[KERNEL] ZV2 Overclocked to 1.2GHz by ndno
ndno has successfully modified the kernel source code to overclock the Marquee to 1.2GHz and was kind enough to make us Ignite users an overclocked kernel as well. The governor is defaulted to "ondemand" in an attempt to get the phone to use the full range of frequencies for battery saving purpose, instead of running at 1.2GHz all the times; you can change that governor behavior with SetCpu.
Prerequisites are the usual:
WARNINGS: as usual, I, nor ndno are responsible for damaging your phone if you want to experiment with this kernel; overclocking can damage the OMAP processor on the phone, as well as giving you worse battery performance. This is an experimental kernel so use with caution; I have run this kernel on my phone for most of a day without issues. Also, ndno may not be able to troubleshoot any issue as he does not have an Ignite to test with.
- Download and copy zip file to sdcard
- Boot into CWM
- Make a nandroid backup (highly recommended in case you have to recover)
- Install from zip file on sdcard
- Choose zip from sdcard
- ??? Wipe cache, fix permissions ??? Not sure, I didn't have to.
- Download SetCpu from market and configure whichever way you like it; ndno set the governor to "ondemand" by default so he thinks it will throttle the speeds from low (300MHz) to high (1200MHz) depending on the load
ndno says this is more of a "hacking" effort. He's pretty sure PlayfulGod and Bloodawn (and asadullah) are hard at work with their own kernel for the Marquee. Thanks to Monster, PlayfulGod, Bloodawn, and asadullah for getting the ball rolling to give us a better user experience on this phone and the Marquee.
I usually get ~2100 on AnTuTu benchmark; when OCed to 1200MHz, I get 2464., a nice 300+ points increase. If using the USB to PC cable connection trick, I get 2955!!!
[5/6/12 - v1.4]
- 1.2GHz OC kernel w/ Bloodawn's Hyper 0.2 ramdisk; 3 lower frequencies undervolted
by 100mV to get even better battery life.
300MHz - 900mV
600MHz - 1062.5mV
1000MHz - 1250mV
1200MHz - 1375mV