Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - Accessories

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 17th, 2010, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burlington, MA
Posts: 114
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Default [Sticky Request]Screen Protectors: The Definitive Guide with Pics

Moderator Request: Please Sticky this.

Public Request: Please only post replies with pictures of screen protectors that you have applied to the droid incredible.
Please refrain from posting unless you are putting up images of the screen protected phone.

There is a lot of discussion about screen protectors and threads all over the place. Many of us are confused which screen protector is the best and many have ended up buying what we don't want, like me for instance. I hope to consolidate pictures here so that we can all know what protectors will look like and help others.

This Review: Phantom Skinz Matte Finish

I got the Phantom Skinz "matte finish" and here is a mini review with pictures.

Application: A little tricky with the whole dipping in water and applying.
Adhesive: Top notch, as if its part of the phone.
Clarity: Very poor, speckles the screen a lot.
Cost: $15ish for the full body from amazon.
Anti Glare: Pretty good, almost no reflection.

Here are the images:







As you can see, it makes the screen pretty grainy, but sticks fantastically and does not bother the VZW silicone case.

k.electron is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k.electron For This Useful Post:
10splaya22 (June 5th, 2010), NightAngel79 (June 15th, 2010)
sponsored links
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 68
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Clarivue Ultra Clear photos and review
winstonoboogie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Go Go Gadget Flow!
 
GrandMasterB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Yewwtah!
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,207
 
Device(s): .:Galaxy S4:.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 1,429
Thanked 605 Times in 381 Posts
Default

BoxWave ClearTouch Crystal. My preferred screen protector.

Application: Best in a steamy bathroom
Adhesive: Static. Easy to remove and re-apply
Clarity: Crystal Clear 99% clarity
Cost: $12.95 screen only
Anti Glare: This protector has no anti-glare properties

PICTURES TO COME
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4352.JPG (600.8 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4358.JPG (641.4 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4372 (2).jpg (112.0 KB, 135 views)
__________________
...::Galaxy S4...Yep::...
...:::Revamped By :Your Mom:::...
...::ROM of Choice : Stock TouchWizzers::...
GrandMasterB is offline  
Last edited by GrandMasterB; May 17th, 2010 at 10:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Steinheil Crystal and AF

Crystal on left AF on right




Naked!




Naked!





AF (note in these pics it looks out of focus....unfortunately it's the AF protector. Look at the "menu" "home" "back" and "search" keys)




AF




Crystal




Crystal




AF




Crystal




And what I ended up with is the Crystal

__________________
All the Thanks!, go to Him <))><
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jbdan For This Useful Post:
Fatso Jetson (June 5th, 2010), Ferrari353 (February 28th, 2011), GrandMasterB (May 17th, 2010), igl007 (May 17th, 2010), NightAngel79 (June 5th, 2010), TaylorPelletier (June 9th, 2010)
Old June 5th, 2010, 11:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,317
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,504
Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default sorry

sorry no pics to post (dont get mine till june 23) just though this topic needed a bump, wanna see more posts here, great thread idea OP!!
NightAngel79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 11:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
fortesquieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,079
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung DROID Charge, Samsung Fascinate (retired), Droid I
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 72
Thanked 145 Times in 99 Posts
Default

jbdan, how the heck did you do such a nice job? =P thats dust free
fortesquieu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 12:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
EM30996's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Looks great.. I think i agree with your choice.. thats the one Im gonna get..
EM30996 is offline  
Last edited by EM30996; June 5th, 2010 at 12:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Your mom goes to college.
 
Anonimac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 788
 
Device(s): Droid Incredible...for now.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 131
Thanked 7,732 Times in 341 Posts
Default

This thread has been moved to the Accessories section where it should have been created to begin with. The sticky status will be determined once it's clear whether there is general interest in this thread and its contents.
__________________
Lead with the power of example...not with examples of power.
Anonimac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 01:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonimac View Post
This thread has been moved to the Accessories section where it should have been created to begin with. The sticky status will be determined once it's clear whether there is general interest in this thread and its contents.


Pretty sure we didn't have an Accessories section when this thread was created...

Anyways, thanks for the pics to those who have contributed. I'm leaning towards the Boxwave as it seems to have the best combo of clarity, ease of application and feel.
mac35 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,317
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,504
Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac35 View Post


Pretty sure we didn't have an Accessories section when this thread was created...

Anyways, thanks for the pics to those who have contributed. I'm leaning towards the Boxwave as it seems to have the best combo of clarity, ease of application and feel.

Post pics. Wanna see more pics of the protectors. possibly w/ tips on how you gys are getting them on so good!!
NightAngel79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 18th, 2010, 09:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,317
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,504
Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.electron View Post
Moderator Request: Please Sticky this.

Public Request: Please only post replies with pictures of screen protectors that you have applied to the droid incredible.
Please refrain from posting unless you are putting up images of the screen protected phone.

There is a lot of discussion about screen protectors and threads all over the place. Many of us are confused which screen protector is the best and many have ended up buying what we don't want, like me for instance. I hope to consolidate pictures here so that we can all know what protectors will look like and help others.

This Review: Phantom Skinz Matte Finish

I got the Phantom Skinz "matte finish" and here is a mini review with pictures.

Application: A little tricky with the whole dipping in water and applying.
Adhesive: Top notch, as if its part of the phone.
Clarity: Very poor, speckles the screen a lot.
Cost: $15ish for the full body from amazon.
Anti Glare: Pretty good, almost no reflection.

Here are the images:







As you can see, it makes the screen pretty grainy, but sticks fantastically and does not bother the VZW silicone case.

bump, i think this is a very informative thread and it deserves more attention.
NightAngel79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
anti-glare, clear, droid, incredible, screen protector


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - Accessories
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.