Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - All Things Root
Incredible - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

New Forums: Nexus 6 | Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 28th, 2010, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 84
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 5 Posts
Default SD card problems after installing Virtuous ROM

I installed the latest virtuous modified stock froyo ROM, and it completely destroyed my phone. Once everything loaded, the phone would no longer reload my SD card. I cleared cache/wiped the system, tried it twice, still no dice.

I tried to go back to my Nandroid backup - 2.1 rooted, s-off. When I did that, even though I'm still rooted, most of my widgets and settings were gone. On top of that, Titanium backup cannot see my root, nor can Wireless Tether. I tried using the Busybox installer from the market, and it fails to install.

What am I supposed to do? I thought the Nandroid backup was supposed to restore all settings and apps. Why is my root no longer working?

Advertisements
Stockmoose16 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 28th, 2010, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
root@android:/ #
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Iowa|USA
Posts: 10,714
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 5,466
Thanked 7,760 Times in 4,105 Posts
Default

Since your card couldn't be read, the Nandroid restore may have been compromised since they are stored on the card. Might try moving your files onto a pc, reformatting the card to Fat32 using the pc, then returning the files to the card and retry the restore.

Other people have had issues with SD recognition and it doesn't seem to be ROM specific. Just happens to a subset of users.
iowabowtech is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 84
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabowtech View Post
Since your card couldn't be read, the Nandroid restore may have been compromised since they are stored on the card. Might try moving your files onto a pc, reformatting the card to Fat32 using the pc, then returning the files to the card and retry the restore.

Other people have had issues with SD recognition and it doesn't seem to be ROM specific. Just happens to a subset of users.
But why doesn't Nandroid restore properly. My SD card works fine. Nandroid restores all my apps, just not my widgets, messages, etc.
Stockmoose16 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2010, 05:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
root@android:/ #
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Iowa|USA
Posts: 10,714
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 5,466
Thanked 7,760 Times in 4,105 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockmoose16 View Post
Once everything loaded, the phone would no longer reload my SD card. I cleared cache/wiped the system, tried it twice, still no dice.
You said the phone wasn't recognizing your SD card. I based my post off of that information. It may be recognizing the card after the nand restore, but if it's not reading the card properly previous to that, perhaps it could have affected the restore. Idk, maybe just retry the restore again and see if anything changes.
iowabowtech is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2010, 05:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
rmk
Junior Member
 
rmk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 94
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 44 Times in 27 Posts
Default

I'm fine if you want to be critical of my ROM but at least be fair and don't blame it unless you can conclusively prove it was the root cause (which is impossible in this case, quite frankly). It doesn't even touch the sdcard. If anything it sounds like your sdcard just failed.

Hope you can get your issue worked out.
rmk is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rmk For This Useful Post:
Amin Sabet (August 28th, 2010), billybob275 (December 29th, 2010), Crashumbc (August 29th, 2010), howarmat (December 28th, 2010), Joe Eris (December 28th, 2010), Jonamerica (August 29th, 2010), mightymousehhd4 (December 28th, 2010), windycity (August 29th, 2010)
Old August 28th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ACD168's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,885
 
Device(s): Droid Incredible by HTC
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 79
Thanked 162 Times in 114 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockmoose16 View Post
I installed the latest virtuous modified stock froyo ROM, and it completely destroyed my phone. Once everything loaded, the phone would no longer reload my SD card. I cleared cache/wiped the system, tried it twice, still no dice.

I tried to go back to my Nandroid backup - 2.1 rooted, s-off. When I did that, even though I'm still rooted, most of my widgets and settings were gone. On top of that, Titanium backup cannot see my root, nor can Wireless Tether. I tried using the Busybox installer from the market, and it fails to install.

What am I supposed to do? I thought the Nandroid backup was supposed to restore all settings and apps. Why is my root no longer working?

Here is what you do, apologize to rmk for blaming his hard work, and his ROM. IT IS YOUR FAULT. You rooted your phone, your loaded the ROM. This is the most stressed thing on these sites. For your to start a thread blaming a DEV's hard work for your user failure is outrageous. I truely am sorry to here about your problems, and I am in no means bringing you down or anything of that nature, I just thought this was a little out of line. Theses types of deals are the reason why they make it such a pain in the friggin arse to root! I could understand if this was a full blown custom ROM you trying to call him out, but this is based entirely on the upcoming OTA.




Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk View Post
I'm fine if you want to be critical of my ROM but at least be fair and don't blame it unless you can conclusively prove it was the root cause (which is impossible in this case, quite frankly). It doesn't even touch the sdcard. If anything it sounds like your sdcard just failed.

Hope you can get your issue worked out.

I got your back.Your hard FREE work is going appreciated even if sometimes it doesn't seem like it!
ACD168 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ACD168 For This Useful Post:
dizziebelle (August 29th, 2010), Joe Eris (December 28th, 2010), metalmenance (August 28th, 2010), rmk (August 28th, 2010), stridr69 (December 31st, 2010), Therev29 (August 28th, 2010), yankeeboy (August 29th, 2010)
Old August 28th, 2010, 05:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rushmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 8,082
 
Device(s): S4, iPad Air, Note 2014 10.1, Dell V11 5130, Nvidia Shield. Yes- too many devices.
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 409
Thanked 1,408 Times in 990 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockmoose16 View Post
But why doesn't Nandroid restore properly. My SD card works fine. Nandroid restores all my apps, just not my widgets, messages, etc.
Did you run out of space? I posted some time ago a warning that Nandroid will not warn if no space left on sd card. It goes through the motions and checks file parity with MD5, but does not verify the source files for integrity of backup.

I noticed a backup went "ok" but the card had zero space and the backup was only 395mb out of the 850mb it should have been.
rushmore is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2010, 06:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Boston, MA (United States)
Posts: 72
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 31 Times in 10 Posts
Default

SD card failure is not rare. Hope your situation is resolved soon and without to much pain. Thanks for the reminder to backup my SD card.

Also, fwiw, I am running rmk's Virtuous 2.2 ROM with no problems whatsoever and wanted to add my thanks for this ROM.
Amin Sabet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Surf City Santa Cruz, Cali
Posts: 15
 
Device(s): Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I second this - running rmk's Virtuous 2.2 and before that 2.1 and 2.0 all with no problem. I have had SD card failures a few times....no telling when it will happen but it does. And my thanks too to rmk for his work, support, and dedication to this ROM.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Amin Sabet View Post
SD card failure is not rare. Hope your situation is resolved soon and without to much pain. Thanks for the reminder to backup my SD card.

Also, fwiw, I am running rmk's Virtuous 2.2 ROM with no problems whatsoever and wanted to add my thanks for this ROM.
intersys is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 07:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MisterMixelpix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 773
 
Device(s): Rooted HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 83
Thanked 153 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Saying it's his fault for using the rom and rooting is like saying if your car explodes it's your fault for choosing to drive.

This kind of thing is the result of something, be it user error, software problems, or hardware problems. I don't know which, but I really dislike this attitude that a rom can completely brick your phone and users have no reason to say anything about it. Yes, the devs are working for free and there's risk inherent in using their stuff, but that doesn't mean if their product ruins phones it isn't their lousy code that's to blame.

Sent from my rooted Inc, using Virtuous 2.2 and loving it.
MisterMixelpix is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 29th, 2010, 07:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 155
 
Device(s): Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 29 Times in 11 Posts
Default

my phones running fine with his rom
pkmn760 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pkmn760 For This Useful Post:
Crashumbc (December 29th, 2010)
Old August 29th, 2010, 07:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Emoney53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 129
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible-Rooted with skyraider 3.3.3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 132
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMixelpix View Post
Saying it's his fault for using the rom and rooting is like saying if your car explodes it's your fault for choosing to drive.

This kind of thing is the result of something, be it user error, software problems, or hardware problems. I don't know which, but I really dislike this attitude that a rom can completely brick your phone and users have no reason to say anything about it. Yes, the devs are working for free and there's risk inherent in using their stuff, but that doesn't mean if their product ruins phones it isn't their lousy code that's to blame.

Sent from my rooted Inc, using Virtuous 2.2 and loving it.
i think what he was saying was is dont go blaming a rom or dev when A: you dont know what your talking about or B: have no proof that its the rom that caused it. and dont go saying it ruined my phone and trash a devs good name for no reason and just say sorry after.
Emoney53 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 07:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MisterMixelpix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 773
 
Device(s): Rooted HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 83
Thanked 153 Times in 65 Posts
Default

That I can agree with. That post just made it sound like he was saying any issues we experience are our fault because we rooted and loaded the rom.
MisterMixelpix is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MisterMixelpix For This Useful Post:
Emoney53 (August 29th, 2010)
Old August 29th, 2010, 08:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ACD168's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,885
 
Device(s): Droid Incredible by HTC
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 79
Thanked 162 Times in 114 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMixelpix View Post
That I can agree with. That post just made it sound like he was saying any issues we experience are our fault because we rooted and loaded the rom.

I'm sorry but I have one problem with your comparisons. You see, if your car explodes, I HIGHLY doubt it is from something you choose to do. Car's exploding usually have a variable, like a car bomb.

When you choose to root, and READ the warnings, it is nobody's fault but YOUR OWN. I am so sick of people not taking responsibility for your actions. No one put a friggin' gun to your head telling you to root. You did this on your own, therefor, YOU choose to install the ROM, YOU choose to ignore the warnings. and yeah, it's YOUR fault. Don't blame people, and PLEASE, don't support this nonsense.
Thank You. Peace.
ACD168 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 08:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 53
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
Did you run out of space? I posted some time ago a warning that Nandroid will not warn if no space left on sd card. It goes through the motions and checks file parity with MD5, but does not verify the source files for integrity of backup.

I noticed a backup went "ok" but the card had zero space and the backup was only 395mb out of the 850mb it should have been.
I agree, I'll bet he was low on free space. Actually, this same issue happened to me, and yes I kind of freaked. I also think the last backup I made was not good, even though it MD5'd OK.

When this happened, the only thing that could see the SD card was nandroid in recovery. The phone would NOT mount the card. Didn't even show up in astro or root explorer.

Anyway, I had an older backup on the same card and restored that one. Everything was back to working, sd card and all.

I deleted a bunch of stuff off the sd-card, made a new backup and re-installed what ever rom I was messing with when this issue popped up with not problems.

So, I do think there maybe a possible issue when the phone tries to mount an sd-card that has little to NO space left on it.
anicotra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 09:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 80
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Can the OP change the title of this thread? I'm surfing for alternate ROMS this morning, just about skipped over Virtuous based on the strong accusation. Yes I read threads. But I'm reading BC (before coffee) so I can be a bit cranky.
__________________
_____________________________
(Rooted)HTC THUNDERBOLT
Perfect Storm Rom

wkd1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 09:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MisterMixelpix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 773
 
Device(s): Rooted HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 83
Thanked 153 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACD168 View Post
I'm sorry but I have one problem with your comparisons. You see, if your car explodes, I HIGHLY doubt it is from something you choose to do. Car's exploding usually have a variable, like a car bomb.

When you choose to root, and READ the warnings, it is nobody's fault but YOUR OWN. I am so sick of people not taking responsibility for your actions. No one put a friggin' gun to your head telling you to root. You did this on your own, therefor, YOU choose to install the ROM, YOU choose to ignore the warnings. and yeah, it's YOUR fault. Don't blame people, and PLEASE, don't support this nonsense.
Thank You. Peace.
It MIGHT be user error, but it might be bad code as well. Shunting all the blame onto the user is foolish. Not to mention it's the exact attitude that gives FOSS a bad name. Basically you're saying that if you want to use community-created software, you're throwing caution to the wind and have no room to complain if something goes wrong.

As a big linux proponent and lover of all things open sourced, that pisses me off. For god's sake take some pride and responsibility in your work. If I made something and it wrecked someone's device, I'd gladly try to help them recover everything, and if it was because of an issue in my code I'd be freaking out trying to plug up the hole.

Again, I'm using Virtuous and having no issues, and I'm pretty sure there's no way it could have done this anyway. But don't say we as users should just shut up and smile if our phones explode due to someone's broken rom.

Not only that, but if there were a broken rom on here that was causing breakages, wouldn't you want to know about it? If it were the case that Virtuous caused this issue, it's helpful to have it out there so others can steer clear until it's fixed. Remember sky raider and the usb thing?
MisterMixelpix is offline  
Last edited by MisterMixelpix; August 29th, 2010 at 09:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 09:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
yankeeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 346
 
Device(s): Droid Pro Rooted No roms to choose from :(
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 67 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkd1 View Post
Can the OP change the title of this thread? I'm surfing for alternate ROMS this morning, just about skipped over Virtuous based on the strong accusation. Yes I read threads. But I'm reading BC (before coffee) so I can be a bit cranky.
I totally agree - this thread should be renamed to "HELP, MY SD CARD CANT BE READ AFTER LOADING CUSTOM ROM". Myself and a friend are running this ROM with much success and loving it...don't bash dev
yankeeboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 09:31 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MisterMixelpix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 773
 
Device(s): Rooted HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 83
Thanked 153 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Yeah, please to changing thread title. The rom kicks ass. I can't wait for the next version!
MisterMixelpix is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MisterMixelpix For This Useful Post:
Joe Eris (December 28th, 2010)
Old August 29th, 2010, 09:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
tranzue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): HTC Inc. rooted, running SkyRaider RC2 Vanilla
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

I second OP changing the title of this. Yesterday I was deciding what ROM to put on, and I almost skipped over Virtuous as well, thinking it had problems. Just saying I think it should change, people that can't make their minds up (like me) will probably not do virtuous.

I must say I love Virtuous, too
tranzue is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 29th, 2010, 10:14 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ACD168's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,885
 
Device(s): Droid Incredible by HTC
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 79
Thanked 162 Times in 114 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMixelpix View Post
It MIGHT be user error, but it might be bad code as well. Shunting all the blame onto the user is foolish. Not to mention it's the exact attitude that gives FOSS a bad name. Basically you're saying that if you want to use community-created software, you're throwing caution to the wind and have no room to complain if something goes wrong.

As a big linux proponent and lover of all things open sourced, that pisses me off. For god's sake take some pride and responsibility in your work. If I made something and it wrecked someone's device, I'd gladly try to help them recover everything, and if it was because of an issue in my code I'd be freaking out trying to plug up the hole.

Again, I'm using Virtuous and having no issues, and I'm pretty sure there's no way it could have done this anyway. But don't say we as users should just shut up and smile if our phones explode due to someone's broken rom.

Not only that, but if there were a broken rom on here that was causing breakages, wouldn't you want to know about it? If it were the case that Virtuous caused this issue, it's helpful to have it out there so others can steer clear until it's fixed. Remember sky raider and the usb thing?
I'm done responding to this I'm not looking for a battle, as I'm sure you are not as well.
ACD168 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 10:48 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
metalmenance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Knoxville, Tn
Posts: 145
 
Device(s): Htc Evo4g!!! BaddAss...
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts
Default

This thread is pointless untrue and misleading to many who look at title,
Can a mod please delete it already.....
__________________
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab

Best Devices I Have owned in years
Smooth, Fast, Sleek & Sweet
metalmenance is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to metalmenance For This Useful Post:
BjornM (August 29th, 2010), gsz2952 (August 30th, 2010), Weazol (August 29th, 2010)
Old August 29th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
fortesquieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,079
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung DROID Charge, Samsung Fascinate (retired), Droid I
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 72
Thanked 145 Times in 99 Posts
Default

I feel I have to defend RMK. This is a great ROM, many of us have no problems with it. I can't believe that you blatantly blame his ROM for your incompetence.
fortesquieu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2010, 07:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This thread really needs to be deleted. I know it's old, but it's my number one search result on google for "android virtuous rom". It's definitely giving a bad name to the ROM, which is actually quite awesome.

I just signed up to these forums to say this.
Mainland is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 440
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 101
Thanked 55 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainland View Post
This thread really needs to be deleted. I know it's old, but it's my number one search result on google for "android virtuous rom". It's definitely giving a bad name to the ROM, which is actually quite awesome.

I just signed up to these forums to say this.
+1

I got on the forums and saw this on top and it kind of freaked me out since I'm using Virtuous 3.1 (which has been running great btw, thanks rmk).

At least change the title!
appleaj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2010, 09:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
hgoldner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SE Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 171
 
Device(s): HTC Rezound, Nexus 7 FHD, Chromecast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 37 Times in 19 Posts
Default Change the title already...

Agreed. It's not Virtuous ROM's fault. It's either card failure or user error.

Running Virtuous 3.2 and 3.1 before that and have had zero issues, even after adding mods over top of it.

Nice work, Rafi.
hgoldner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2010, 12:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Check six!
 
Slug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Inverness, UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,139
 
Device(s): Sony Xperia Z
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 2,776
Thanked 11,538 Times in 5,866 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Slug slugbrem@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainland View Post
This thread really needs to be deleted.
That wouldn't help anyone with a similar issue in the future, though. I've retitled the thread to better reflect the reality.... hope this is to everyone's satisfaction.
Slug is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slug For This Useful Post:
billybob275 (December 29th, 2010), bjanow (December 29th, 2010)
Old January 17th, 2011, 07:52 AM   #28 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just want to report that I'm having the same problem after running the root upgrade on my Droid Incredible. I can't access the software on my SD Card. I can't install from Market for software that is on the SD Card. Titanium can't restore. I can access the files using file explorer. Should I try offloading the drive/formatting fat32/and putting everything back? If not, I will try the procedure to go back to straight 2.2 when I come back from some errands later today. While it is very possible that there is an issue with my sdcard, I have not had one up until now. Any other possibilities? This is just after I rooted then moves a bunch of software to my sdcard. Is it possible the sdcard move does not perform properly? I wish I had done more testing after rooting but before moving software to my sdcard. Oh well...Any other helpful troubleshooting tips would be appreciated. And I do appreciate all of the hard work that goes on here with rooting/roms. Thanks so much!!!
dbaps is offline  
Last edited by dbaps; January 17th, 2011 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Additional info..
Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 07:54 AM   #29 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My restore seems to be running! I will report back after I get my results.
dbaps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 12:55 PM   #30 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Not sure what's going on...

So the restore worked and everything is fine. Before I moved everything I could to my 32gb external drive. It trashed firefox, dolphin hd, and a couple of other programs that I run. Does some software require that it stay on the internal drive even though I can move the software to the external drive by running a program?
dbaps is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.