Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - All Things Root
Incredible - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 12th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #301 (permalink)
Carpe Cerevisi
Thread Author (OP)
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In The Shadows
Posts: 9,474
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 4,729
Thanked 6,561 Times in 3,489 Posts
Default

How in THE hell is that .exe changing hboot only? This is not good. When we do get a legit copy of the RUU, I'm afraid it may fail on main version older. We'll see.

Can anybody help this guy out with a legit link to final GB RUU? I'll check my PC when I get home but I'm not sure I still have it either.

iowabowtech is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iowabowtech For This Useful Post:
Bmr4life (February 15th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old February 12th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #302 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabowtech View Post
How in THE hell is that .exe changing hboot only? This is not good. When we do get a legit copy of the RUU, I'm afraid it may fail on main version older. We'll see.

Can anybody help this guy out with a legit link to final GB RUU? I'll check my PC when I get home but I'm not sure I still have it either.
Yeah, I might be screwed. Both RUU's are saying they are unable to work with this bootloader.

So all Hboots are supposed to be 1.00?
Bmr4life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #303 (permalink)
Carpe Cerevisi
Thread Author (OP)
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In The Shadows
Posts: 9,474
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 4,729
Thanked 6,561 Times in 3,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmr4life View Post
Yeah, I might be screwed. Both RUU's are saying they are unable to work with this bootloader.
There's another possible option. There's a thread nearby where a guy went from HTC dev unlock to s-off. If you could make a similar transition, you might be able to get out of this. I'll check into this more soon.
iowabowtech is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #304 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,539
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 470
Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabowtech View Post
How in THE hell is that .exe changing hboot only? This is not good. When we do get a legit copy of the RUU, I'm afraid it may fail on main version older. We'll see.

Can anybody help this guy out with a legit link to final GB RUU? I'll check my PC when I get home but I'm not sure I still have it either.
The RUU that is on the htc dev site only changes the bootloader. Haven't tried the one on pvillecomp site though.

Edit: looking at the name of the link for the RUU:
http://pvillecomp.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/Images/PB3120000_Incredible_C_hboot_1.02.0000_4.08.605.2. exe

Edit 2: android police has a copy of the RUU possibly:
http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/08/26/exclusive-download-official-gingerbread-build-for-the-htc-droid-incredible/
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Last edited by sdrawkcab25; February 12th, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdrawkcab25 For This Useful Post:
Bmr4life (February 15th, 2012), iowabowtech (February 12th, 2012)
Old February 12th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #305 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabowtech View Post
There's another possible option. There's a thread nearby where a guy went from HTC dev unlock to s-off. If you could make a similar transition, you might be able to get out of this. I'll check into this more soon.
Alright, so I was able to put it back to S-Off, downloaded a clockwork update.zip file, and now I'm in the process of restoring a CM7 backup. Booting back up now.

Reason I was returning to stock is that this phone only charges when its off and I made a warranty claim to Assurion. Phone was a refurb from my first phone that died.

hboot is still 1.02
Bmr4life is offline  
Last edited by Bmr4life; February 12th, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bmr4life For This Useful Post:
iowabowtech (February 12th, 2012)
Old February 12th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #306 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrawkcab25 View Post
The RUU that is on the htc dev site only changes the bootloader. Haven't tried the one on pvillecomp site though.

Edit: looking at the name of the link for the RUU:
http://pvillecomp.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/Images/PB3120000_Incredible_C_hboot_1.02.0000_4.08.605.2. exe

Edit 2: android police has a copy of the RUU possibly:
[Updated x2: It's Rootable] Exclusive Download: Official Gingerbread Build For The HTC Droid Incredible
The top one is the one I have that's only ~8mb.
Bmr4life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #307 (permalink)
Carpe Cerevisi
Thread Author (OP)
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In The Shadows
Posts: 9,474
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 4,729
Thanked 6,561 Times in 3,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmr4life View Post
Alright, so I was able to put it back to S-Off, downloaded a clockwork update.zip file, and now I'm in the process of restoring a CM7 backup. Booting back up now.

Reason I was returning to stock is that this phone only charges when its off and I made a warranty claim to Assurion. Phone was a refurb from my first phone that died.

hboot is still 1.02
Hey nice job. What steps did you take to get s-off back? Anyway I was thinking maybe you could load 0.92 hboot, then perhaps just do the froyo ruu and then let gb come via ota update?
iowabowtech is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iowabowtech For This Useful Post:
Bmr4life (February 15th, 2012)
Old February 12th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #308 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabowtech View Post
Hey nice job. What steps did you take to get s-off back? Anyway I was thinking maybe you could load 0.92 hboot, then perhaps just do the froyo ruu and then let gb come via ota update?
I tried to use the simple root program, but it wouldn't see my phone. So I went back to the link in the OP public:forever [RootWiki] and followed the directions for S-Off and it worked.

I then downloaded a CWM recovery file that got me to the rooted traingle with ! symbol. Then I was in the CWM recovery menu and was able to reload like normal.
Bmr4life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #309 (permalink)
Carpe Cerevisi
Thread Author (OP)
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In The Shadows
Posts: 9,474
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 4,729
Thanked 6,561 Times in 3,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmr4life View Post
I tried to use the simple root program, but it wouldn't see my phone. So I went back to the link in the OP public:forever [RootWiki] and followed the directions for S-Off and it worked.

I then downloaded a CWM recovery file that got me to the rooted traingle with ! symbol. Then I was in the CWM recovery menu and was able to reload like normal.
Ok so evidently you never lost root through all that. Strange stuff. Anyway if you still want to go back to stock, you would ideally downgrade your hboot to 0.92. The file is at the pcvillecomp site you started out at. Its loaded in hboot as a PB31IMG. Next apply the s-on file again. This time run the Froyo RUU which good files exist for. Then just accept the ota for gingerbread and you should be good.
iowabowtech is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iowabowtech For This Useful Post:
Bmr4life (February 15th, 2012)
Old February 12th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #310 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabowtech View Post
Ok so evidently you never lost root through all that. Strange stuff. Anyway if you still want to go back to stock, you would ideally downgrade your hboot to 0.92. The file is at the pcvillecomp site you started out at. Its loaded in hboot as a PB31IMG. Next apply the s-on file again. This time run the Froyo RUU which good files exist for. Then just accept the ota for gingerbread and you should be good.
Thanks. I've give it a shot tomorrow after work.
Bmr4life is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 13th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #311 (permalink)
Carpe Cerevisi
Thread Author (OP)
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In The Shadows
Posts: 9,474
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 4,729
Thanked 6,561 Times in 3,489 Posts
Default

Note to all:

I have finally located the full Gingerbread RUU. Meaning the full version of 4.08.605.2 that is a full system update. Not the chopped up POS that is causing everybody problems and updating their bootloaders into a corner for some.

I am in the process of uploading to Mediafire and mirroring to my personal Dropbox account as an extreme backup to avoid losing this thing forever. I'm going to have to let it upload through the night, I will update all associated links tomorrow.
iowabowtech is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iowabowtech For This Useful Post:
Bmr4life (February 15th, 2012)
Old February 13th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #312 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabowtech View Post
Note to all:

I have finally located the full Gingerbread RUU. Meaning the full version of 4.08.605.2 that is a full system update. Not the chopped up POS that is causing everybody problems and updating their bootloaders into a corner for some.

I am in the process of uploading to Mediafire and mirroring to my personal Dropbox account as an extreme backup to avoid losing this thing forever. I'm going to have to let it upload through the night, I will update all associated links tomorrow.
Thanks, I'll try tomorrow.
Bmr4life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #313 (permalink)
Carpe Cerevisi
Thread Author (OP)
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In The Shadows
Posts: 9,474
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 4,729
Thanked 6,561 Times in 3,489 Posts
Default

Links updated in OP.

Also updated this thread:
Inc File Repository
iowabowtech is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iowabowtech For This Useful Post:
Bmr4life (February 15th, 2012)
Old February 15th, 2012, 05:43 AM   #314 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabowtech View Post
Links updated in OP.

Also updated this thread:
Inc File Repository
So do I still need to change my hboot from 1.02 to use the new file?
Bmr4life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #315 (permalink)
Carpe Cerevisi
Thread Author (OP)
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In The Shadows
Posts: 9,474
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 4,729
Thanked 6,561 Times in 3,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmr4life View Post
So do I still need to change my hboot from 1.02 to use the new file?
Shouldn't have to.
iowabowtech is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iowabowtech For This Useful Post:
Bmr4life (February 15th, 2012)
Old February 15th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #316 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabowtech View Post
Shouldn't have to.
Worked like a charm. THANK YOU!!!!
Bmr4life is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bmr4life For This Useful Post:
iowabowtech (February 15th, 2012)
Old February 15th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #317 (permalink)
Carpe Cerevisi
Thread Author (OP)
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In The Shadows
Posts: 9,474
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 4,729
Thanked 6,561 Times in 3,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmr4life View Post
Worked like a charm. THANK YOU!!!!
Very welcome. I've been hoping for this news, congrats.
iowabowtech is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 02:44 PM   #318 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I followed the steps in option 2, skipping the S-On step, hoping it would fix problems I have been having with my phone. My phone would not connect to cell towers. It shows bars, but would not connect. However, my phone will connect to my network extender (samsung network extender scs-26uc4) at home and work fine. Everything reset back to android 2.3.4 as expected but still would not connect to cell tower after the reset. If I complete the steps again and turn S-ON and return the phone for a replacement (I have a couple of weeks left of the 12 month warranty) is there any way that Verizon they can tell that the phone was once rooted. Verizon told me that they would send me a replacement, but if the phone I sent back to them had been rooted, they would charge me the full price (over $400). Thanks,
dbryan74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 03:13 PM   #319 (permalink)
Carpe Cerevisi
Thread Author (OP)
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In The Shadows
Posts: 9,474
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 4,729
Thanked 6,561 Times in 3,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbryan74 View Post
I followed the steps in option 2, skipping the S-On step, hoping it would fix problems I have been having with my phone. My phone would not connect to cell towers. It shows bars, but would not connect. However, my phone will connect to my network extender (samsung network extender scs-26uc4) at home and work fine. Everything reset back to android 2.3.4 as expected but still would not connect to cell tower after the reset. If I complete the steps again and turn S-ON and return the phone for a replacement (I have a couple of weeks left of the 12 month warranty) is there any way that Verizon they can tell that the phone was once rooted. Verizon told me that they would send me a replacement, but if the phone I sent back to them had been rooted, they would charge me the full price (over $400). Thanks,
If it is s-on they can NOT tell. The only possible exception to that rule is those who use the newer HTC dev unlock method of unlocking the boot loader which leaves a trail behind and marks the bootloader as such. If you rooted using Unrevoked, you're golden.
iowabowtech is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 03:51 PM   #320 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabowtech View Post
If it is s-on they can NOT tell. The only possible exception to that rule is those who use the newer HTC dev unlock method of unlocking the boot loader which leaves a trail behind and marks the bootloader as such. If you rooted using Unrevoked, you're golden.
Since I already ran all the steps but the s-on tool and my baseband version is now 2.15.10.07.07 will the s-on tool still work? That baseband version is not listed under supported devices for HTC Droid Incredible on the unrevoked forever website... or does the baseband version only matter for turning s-off?
dbryan74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 21st, 2012, 03:56 PM   #321 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,539
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 470
Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbryan74 View Post
Since I already ran all the steps but the s-on tool and my baseband version is now 2.15.10.07.07 will the s-on tool still work? That baseband version is not listed under supported devices for HTC Droid Incredible on the unrevoked forever website... or does the baseband version only matter for turning s-off?
You will need to flash the froyo radio through hboot and then flash clockwork through hboot. Use clockwork to flash the s-on file. Then install gingerbread either through ruu or through hboot.
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 05:45 PM   #322 (permalink)
Carpe Cerevisi
Thread Author (OP)
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In The Shadows
Posts: 9,474
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 4,729
Thanked 6,561 Times in 3,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbryan74 View Post
Since I already ran all the steps but the s-on tool and my baseband version is now 2.15.10.07.07 will the s-on tool still work? That baseband version is not listed under supported devices for HTC Droid Incredible on the unrevoked forever website... or does the baseband version only matter for turning s-off?
Excellent question. This tutorial was orginally created for Froyo, I just quickly adapted it for GB and changed the title after it was released. Any interest in trying it with the GB radio and letting us know? If not, I would follow sdrawkcab's advice of downgrading the radio first. That would be playing it on the safe side because we KNOW it works on that radio. I will have to edit the OP if this turns out to be the case.

If you decide to downgrade the radio, download the 2.15.00.07.28 from here:
Radios | PvilleComp's

Rename it to PB31IMG, place on sd card and flash it through hboot, not recovery.
iowabowtech is online now  
Last edited by iowabowtech; February 21st, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #323 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi, I am trying to unroot my incredible because all apps are keep force closing...
mine is android 2.3.3 and rooted with unrevoked. it's running on Cyanogenmod7.
I tried both of the options above but it's not working :'(
option 1, it runs but it doesn't go to the next option, where I am supposed to click up-volume button.
option 2, when I run the program, it says it cannot find my device even though it's connected to pc.
Please help me.. I can't do anything with my phone right now cause it force closes everything D:
amigrm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #324 (permalink)
Member
 
Eusibius2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 158
 
Device(s): Moto Droid, HTC Incredible, Moto Razr MAXX.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Your problem sounds more like the known issue with Dinc using CM7. Try using a different version of cyano before you unroot. There's lots of specifics on the cyano website forum.
Eusibius2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #325 (permalink)
Carpe Cerevisi
Thread Author (OP)
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In The Shadows
Posts: 9,474
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 4,729
Thanked 6,561 Times in 3,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigrm View Post
Hi, I am trying to unroot my incredible because all apps are keep force closing...
mine is android 2.3.3 and rooted with unrevoked. it's running on Cyanogenmod7.
I tried both of the options above but it's not working :'(
option 1, it runs but it doesn't go to the next option, where I am supposed to click up-volume button.
option 2, when I run the program, it says it cannot find my device even though it's connected to pc.
Please help me.. I can't do anything with my phone right now cause it force closes everything D:
There is no 2.3.3 is there? Maybe I missed that one though idk. I'm guessing #1 failed due to the SD card not being formatted to fat32 or the format didn't take. As for running the RUU (.exe) program, did you install HTC sync as advised in the OP? If so, please uninstall before running the RUU. You only want the drivers that come packaged with the download. Finally, you do own an original Droid Incredible correct? Just making sure.
iowabowtech is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #326 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabowtech View Post
There is no 2.3.3 is there? Maybe I missed that one though idk. I'm guessing #1 failed due to the SD card not being formatted to fat32 or the format didn't take. As for running the RUU (.exe) program, did you install HTC sync as advised in the OP? If so, please uninstall before running the RUU. You only want the drivers that come packaged with the download. Finally, you do own an original Droid Incredible correct? Just making sure.
I can't upgrade CM7 cause it force closes rom manager. It says android version 2.3.3 on my phone; and my SD card is formatted to FAT32. I did install HTC sync as advised in the OP. I will uninstall it and try it again, then. and I do have an original Droid Incredible...
amigrm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2012, 05:08 AM   #327 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,539
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 470
Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigrm View Post
I can't upgrade CM7 cause it force closes rom manager. It says android version 2.3.3 on my phone; and my SD card is formatted to FAT32. I did install HTC sync as advised in the OP. I will uninstall it and try it again, then. and I do have an original Droid Incredible...
i would just try booting into recovery and try formatting the cache and data partition and see if that solves your force closes.

Or you can see if this fixes your issue completely:
http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/446753-fix-low-space-sense-roms-force-closes-aosp-roms.html
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2012, 02:34 AM   #328 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabowtech View Post
Links updated in OP.

Also updated this thread:
Inc File Repository1
I have 23 of these phones that I needed to get to stock. 18 of them had reboot loop or white screen problems. I bricked the first two I tried from 2 roms I downloaded elsewhere. Grabbed a third from pvillecomp.com that enabled me to flash all but 3 of them, but the boot loops / white screens remained. 1 bricked and 2 said they couldn't be flashed due to older version.

After two days of this, I stumbled onto this thread. All phones, with the exception of the 3 bricks, are now flashed and working. You are truly my hero!

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again!
cellanjie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2012, 06:06 AM   #329 (permalink)
Carpe Cerevisi
Thread Author (OP)
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In The Shadows
Posts: 9,474
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 4,729
Thanked 6,561 Times in 3,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellanjie View Post
I have 23 of these phones that I needed to get to stock. 18 of them had reboot loop or white screen problems. I bricked the first two I tried from 2 roms I downloaded elsewhere. Grabbed a third from pvillecomp.com that enabled me to flash all but 3 of them, but the boot loops / white screens remained. 1 bricked and 2 said they couldn't be flashed due to older version.

After two days of this, I stumbled onto this thread. All phones, with the exception of the 3 bricks, are now flashed and working. You are truly my hero!

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again!

You are most welcome.
iowabowtech is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #330 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigrm View Post
Hi, I am trying to unroot my incredible because all apps are keep force closing...
mine is android 2.3.3 and rooted with unrevoked. it's running on Cyanogenmod7.
I tried both of the options above but it's not working :'(
option 1, it runs but it doesn't go to the next option, where I am supposed to click up-volume button.
option 2, when I run the program, it says it cannot find my device even though it's connected to pc.
Please help me.. I can't do anything with my phone right now cause it force closes everything D:
Mine was also forcing close apps on CM7.1. Eventually figured out my /data/data partition was completely full. Quick fix was to clear data on the facebook app to free up some space, it had swelled to some ungodly amount. Then i used 1Tap cleaner to clear the caches on a bunch of the apps. This is how I am still running, as I haven't gotten around to doing the EXT4 4 all fix yet.
JaggedEdge is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #331 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

mine doesn't read the PB31IMG
soundidea is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #332 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,539
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 470
Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundidea View Post
mine doesn't read the PB31IMG

Is your SD card formatted to fat32 and is the file on the root of the SD card named exactly PB31IMG.zip ?
iowabowtech likes this.
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sdrawkcab25 For This Useful Post:
iowabowtech (June 13th, 2012)
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #333 (permalink)
Carpe Cerevisi
Thread Author (OP)
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In The Shadows
Posts: 9,474
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 4,729
Thanked 6,561 Times in 3,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundidea View Post
mine doesn't read the PB31IMG
Most generally that is because the card is not formatted to FAT32 or you did format it to FAT32 and it didn't take the format well. Have you tried the .exe RUU method listed in the OP? It may be a better option for you.

oops, ninja'd by sdrawkcab
iowabowtech is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #334 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabowtech View Post
Most generally that is because the card is not formatted to FAT32 or you did format it to FAT32 and it didn't take the format well. Have you tried the .exe RUU method listed in the OP? It may be a better option for you.

oops, ninja'd by sdrawkcab
i formatted it twice on 2 different sdcards and nothing. i tried the ruu but it fails cause of something not being compatible
soundidea is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #335 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

wait, nevermind. this is for a evo 4g. idk how i got into incredible
soundidea is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #336 (permalink)
Carpe Cerevisi
Thread Author (OP)
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In The Shadows
Posts: 9,474
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 4,729
Thanked 6,561 Times in 3,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundidea View Post
wait, nevermind. this is for a evo 4g. idk how i got into incredible
Ahh ok no problem. I was just going to ask you for your hboot details but nevermind.

You should be able to use the same methods on the Evo, just different files of course. Hopefully they have them posted somewhere over in the Evo 4G forum. Good luck!
iowabowtech is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #337 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Exclamation Help please! Not having any luck...

Hello,

I am currently rooted, running the AOKP ROM, unlocked bootloader, S-ON.

I would eventually like to return to a state of stock, rooted, Gingerbread, but I am not making any progress.

When I try method one, HBOOT sees the PB31IMG.zip file, it loads it, and then it returns to the main HBOOT screen with no option to flash the image. When I try to run the RUU, it gets to a certain point, and then I get an ERROR 155; every time.

Has anyone had these issues?
troar is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troar For This Useful Post:
DIncNewbie (August 31st, 2012)
Old July 16th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #338 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm here because my Droid Incredible has been insisting on downloading and installing the latest software build, almost to the point of paralyzing the phone. However when I try to install the update normally, it fails to reboot and install the upgrade. After talking to Verizon today, they said this is a common issue for rooted phones. The tech recommended unrooting the phone, performing the upgrade, and then I can root it again or whatever I want.

The phone is s-off, and I was hoping that by running the RUU everything would be fine, but though RUU seems to have run perfectly I'm still unable to install the update. I guess being unrooted is not enough.

So I guess I do need to be s-on, but in order to get there I have to re-root the phone, install CWM, and load the s-on zip. I've got software build 4.08.605.2 installed, and baseband (radio) 2.15.00.07.28 (the Froyo radio required to do s-on). UnrEVOked 3.34 is unable to root the phone, and suggests my firmware may be too new (wasn't s-off supposed to address this?)
cputrdoc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #339 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cputrdoc View Post
So I guess I do need to be s-on, but in order to get there I have to re-root the phone, install CWM, and load the s-on zip. I've got software build 4.08.605.2 installed, and baseband (radio) 2.15.00.07.28 (the Froyo radio required to do s-on). UnrEVOked 3.34 is unable to root the phone, and suggests my firmware may be too new (wasn't s-off supposed to address this?)
I got a little further -- noticing that several apps I installed before the last flash were still installed, I removed the SD card and used the HBOOT FACTORY RESET option to totally wipe the phone.

This time, when it was ready to install 4.08.605.15 it, properly rebooted, but I got the dreaded red triangle and exclamation point. After a battery pull and a reboot, I'm still using software 4.08.605.2.

UnrEVOked is still not working, though.
cputrdoc is offline  
Last edited by cputrdoc; July 16th, 2012 at 01:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2012, 05:05 AM   #340 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,539
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 470
Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cputrdoc View Post
I got a little further -- noticing that several apps I installed before the last flash were still installed, I removed the SD card and used the HBOOT FACTORY RESET option to totally wipe the phone.

This time, when it was ready to install 4.08.605.15 it, properly rebooted, but I got the dreaded red triangle and exclamation point. After a battery pull and a reboot, I'm still using software 4.08.605.2.

UnrEVOked is still not working, though.
You don't need to go back to s-on to install the update. You only need the stock recovery, which you already have. The update itself is very glitchy, there is a lot users reporting problems trying to install it and most of them were never rooted.

For reference though, this is how you would get root back:
[How To] Regain Root With S-Off or HTC unlocked bootloader, but all you need to do to get s-on is flash clockwork, install the s-on file, then install the stock recovery again. (I highly recommend you do NOT go back to s-on though)

Unrevoked is not needed since you are s-off.
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Last edited by sdrawkcab25; July 16th, 2012 at 05:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 16th, 2012, 06:14 AM   #341 (permalink)
Carpe Cerevisi
Thread Author (OP)
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In The Shadows
Posts: 9,474
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 4,729
Thanked 6,561 Times in 3,489 Posts
Default

Yeah I would echo the above advice of NOT going s-on. Are you just stock, rooted? If so, I would either flash a stockish rom or we can look at perhaps modifying the build.prop to make the update server think you are updated so it quits trying to update your phone. We just need to figure out the new update's build fingerprint.
iowabowtech is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 11:05 AM   #342 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Stratford, CT
Posts: 24
 
Device(s): htc Droid Incredible, htc Droid Incredible 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troar View Post
Hello,

I am currently rooted, running the AOKP ROM, unlocked bootloader, S-ON.

I would eventually like to return to a state of stock, rooted, Gingerbread, but I am not making any progress.

When I try method one, HBOOT sees the PB31IMG.zip file, it loads it, and then it returns to the main HBOOT screen with no option to flash the image. When I try to run the RUU, it gets to a certain point, and then I get an ERROR 155; every time.

Has anyone had these issues?
troar, I'm in the identical situation that you are. Same starting point, same errors, etc.

Here's something else that I saw, and no idea if this has anything to do with it. When I first tried using Unrevoked to go S-ON, I put both the Unrevoked ZIP file AND the PB31IMG.ZIP on a blank card. When I HBOOTed, it saw and read PB31IMG and prompted me to install, and realizing what happened I said no. I then went to S-ON, confirmed that it took, then redid the SD card (with just PB31IMG) and HBOOTed again, only now it loads PB31IMG but won't prompt to install.

Weird, huh? It's almost as though it wants to be S-OFF before it will install.

Oh, the PB31IMG is the one from Mediafire in this sticky. Checked the MD5 and it was OK.
DIncNewbie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 05:01 PM   #343 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Stratford, CT
Posts: 24
 
Device(s): htc Droid Incredible, htc Droid Incredible 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troar View Post
Hello,

I am currently rooted, running the AOKP ROM, unlocked bootloader, S-ON.

I would eventually like to return to a state of stock, rooted, Gingerbread, but I am not making any progress.

When I try method one, HBOOT sees the PB31IMG.zip file, it loads it, and then it returns to the main HBOOT screen with no option to flash the image. When I try to run the RUU, it gets to a certain point, and then I get an ERROR 155; every time.

Has anyone had these issues?
troar, late-breaking update: I had success this afternoon by going S-OFF and then was able to do method 1 straightaway. Don't know why...I'm still trying to get my bearings in this world.
DIncNewbie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #344 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I been using HTC Incredible S 710e for more than a year now. I never meesed up with phone by Rooting it or changing ROM or any such thing.
Now My phone is stuck in continuous reboot loop through out the day & night, even if I shut it off. The only way out is to remove the battery.
1) IPhone doesn't get rebooted if it plugged in charger.
2) I've already tried the phone with another Battery... problem still exists.
3) Tried formating SD Card.... Factory Reset ..... Wipe Data/ Factory Reset.... Recovery... Wipe Cache.... Nothing Helped !!!
4) I gave it for reloading the OS... Still the problem is not solved.
5) During "Wipe Data/ Factory Reset" the message on the screen is something like " e:/ can't open data......, Can't open...., Can't open.... Cashe Wiped"
Can you please help me getting it fixed.... Thanks in Advance !!!!
Parag S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2012, 06:15 AM   #345 (permalink)
Carpe Cerevisi
Thread Author (OP)
 
iowabowtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In The Shadows
Posts: 9,474
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 4,729
Thanked 6,561 Times in 3,489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parag S View Post
I been using HTC Incredible S 710e for more than a year now. I never meesed up with phone by Rooting it or changing ROM or any such thing.
Now My phone is stuck in continuous reboot loop through out the day & night, even if I shut it off. The only way out is to remove the battery.
1) IPhone doesn't get rebooted if it plugged in charger.
2) I've already tried the phone with another Battery... problem still exists.
3) Tried formating SD Card.... Factory Reset ..... Wipe Data/ Factory Reset.... Recovery... Wipe Cache.... Nothing Helped !!!
4) I gave it for reloading the OS... Still the problem is not solved.
5) During "Wipe Data/ Factory Reset" the message on the screen is something like " e:/ can't open data......, Can't open...., Can't open.... Cashe Wiped"
Can you please help me getting it fixed.... Thanks in Advance !!!!
Are you using the files posted in this thread? If so that will be the problem. We would need to find you the files for the Incredible S since the posted files are for the original Droid Incredible.
iowabowtech is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 01:04 AM   #346 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi Folks,
I have trying to return to stock ROM when my Incredible S is already bootloader unlocked, rooted but S-ON and running custom ROM CM7, Android 2.3.7.
I tried to follow above steps to return to HTC stock ROM which can allow me to go to ICS with OTA updates.
But in the very first step, my HBOOT does not detect any PB31IMG.ZIP or PB32IMG.ZIP file. See the attached image.
My SD card file type is FAT32.
What could be the issue here ? What next I can do ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN9773_1.JPG (612.7 KB, 1 views)
jpandya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #347 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,539
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 470
Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpandya View Post
Hi Folks,
I have trying to return to stock ROM when my Incredible S is already bootloader unlocked, rooted but S-ON and running custom ROM CM7, Android 2.3.7.
I tried to follow above steps to return to HTC stock ROM which can allow me to go to ICS with OTA updates.
But in the very first step, my HBOOT does not detect any PB31IMG.ZIP or PB32IMG.ZIP file. See the attached image.
My SD card file type is FAT32.
What could be the issue here ? What next I can do ?
these instructions are for the original htc incredible, not the incredible s

this is the most recent guide i could find for your phone:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1359555

but you may want to look around here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1136463
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Last edited by sdrawkcab25; October 27th, 2013 at 09:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #348 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for the reply.
I would go through these links and try to get back to the stock ROM.
jpandya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.