Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - All Things Root
Incredible - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 20th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 201
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible (rooted)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default well, that was easy

started rooting at 3:14 and right now am using wifi tether with root to post this

less than 10 minutes total probably, no hiccups along the way

gotta say I was pretty nervous!

next stop...overclocking/undervolting!

now to do a nandroid backup and dl rom manger

edit: i thought nandroid would be in clockwork recovery after unrevoked finished...can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks again guys and gals!

rtm0004 is offline  
Last edited by rtm0004; October 20th, 2010 at 03:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 20th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
dscribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Camden, AR, USA
Posts: 818
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible - Unrevoked, S-Off, Android 2.2 - Redemptive rEVOlution Rom 1.8 w/Matted Blues
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 48
Thanked 140 Times in 114 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtm0004 View Post
started rooting at 3:14 and right now am using wifi tether with root to post this

less than 10 minutes total probably, no hiccups along the way

gotta say I was pretty nervous!

next stop...overclocking/undervolting!

now to do a nandroid backup and dl rom manger

edit: i thought nandroid would be in clockwork recovery after unrevoked finished...can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks again guys and gals!
When you do a backup or restore in clockwork recovery, that IS nandroid.
__________________
Get your Redemptive rEVOlution
HTC Droid Incredible ROMs, MODs, THEMEs, etc.: TheIncredibleList.com
dscribe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Nice and simple ehh!

When your in clockwork recovery go to "backup/restore" and do a backup. Like dscribe said that IS nandroid :-)

ymmv, but I don't rename my backups I leave them be...what I did do though is go to notepad in windows and create a log and description of all my backups so I know what they are and whats inside them. Droped the notepad file into the clockwork folder. They are all date oriented.
__________________
All the Thanks!, go to Him <))><
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 201
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible (rooted)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

thanks guys, i just thought i remember there being an option called nandroid in one of the numerous videos I watched leading up to this

also, just to check, it will save it to the sd card? then I can move ti to my pc correct?
rtm0004 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 08:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtm0004 View Post
thanks guys, i just thought i remember there being an option called nandroid in one of the numerous videos I watched leading up to this

also, just to check, it will save it to the sd card? then I can move ti to my pc correct?
Yes and yes
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 08:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
dscribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Camden, AR, USA
Posts: 818
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible - Unrevoked, S-Off, Android 2.2 - Redemptive rEVOlution Rom 1.8 w/Matted Blues
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 48
Thanked 140 Times in 114 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtm0004 View Post
thanks guys, i just thought i remember there being an option called nandroid in one of the numerous videos I watched leading up to this
I believe it was actually called "nandroid" on the menu in a previous version of clockwork recovery.
dscribe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 12:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

rtm004,

Congrats, I'm about to do the same thing but little nervous jumping in the deep end. Could you please post here the steps or the actual guides, links, etc. you followed to root and get the tether working? I'd really appreciate. First hand knowledge of the process would be great to follow versus anonymous links floating outhere.
dadio91 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 04:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 201
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible (rooted)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadio91 View Post
rtm004,

Congrats, I'm about to do the same thing but little nervous jumping in the deep end. Could you please post here the steps or the actual guides, links, etc. you followed to root and get the tether working? I'd really appreciate. First hand knowledge of the process would be great to follow versus anonymous links floating outhere.
I used the unlockr's guide and it was very straight forward

the hardest part (which wasn't hard) was loading the boot driver from unrevoked

also, the unrevoked web site has the steps and a guide

and I watched a few videos on youtube as well

it's really not that hard, I did it in some spare time at work!
rtm0004 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.