Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - All Things Root
Incredible - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 21st, 2010, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default hove a few questions about roms

I am new to this and have a few questions...I have done titanium back up and nandroid. When i flash a ROM obviously my apps are gone. do i then have to go to the market, download titantium again and upload all my apps?....also are there ways to keep all the assigned ringtones or do i have to reassign after every flash? last question...after flashing to a new ROM how can I tell its different and new options?

Advertisements
trevolution23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 21st, 2010, 02:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
necosino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,962
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 296
Thanked 341 Times in 257 Posts
Default

After flashing, go to market and install titanium Backup. Then use Titanium Backup to do a batch restore of JUST the apps + data. NOT SYSTEM DATA!!!

The only time you restore system data is if you are using the same ROM.

And yes, you'll probably have to reset your ringtones.

To find new options, read the ROM page (where you download it from) and then, well.. use it, I guess... *shrug*
__________________
Buy me a drink if I helped you out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainm27
Brothers and Sisters of androidforums, I hereby declare this post of thanks to necosino. Let it be known today that he has answered my question with great promptness and accuracy.
necosino is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to necosino For This Useful Post:
jprow507 (October 21st, 2010)
Old October 21st, 2010, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks...one last question....say I downloaded a new ROM and installed a few more apps...how do i save those apps but dont want them saved with the new ROM...titanium backup again?
trevolution23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 02:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
necosino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,962
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 296
Thanked 341 Times in 257 Posts
Default

Yup, just run it for new user apps + data.
necosino is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 05:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 268
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 137
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necosino View Post
After flashing, go to market and install titanium Backup. Then use Titanium Backup to do a batch restore of JUST the apps + data. NOT SYSTEM DATA!!!

The only time you restore system data is if you are using the same ROM.

And yes, you'll probably have to reset your ringtones.

To find new options, read the ROM page (where you download it from) and then, well.. use it, I guess... *shrug*
I don't mean to hijack this thread but as a new root and ROM user myself, I thought my question would also be beneficial to the OP....

I went from the regular Sense ROM to Uncommon Sense and DID restore system data ... I haven't really noticed any issues with doing this?

Also is the layout of your saved screens restored when you do apps + data or apps + system data because I was able to get the layout of my screens back?
jprow507 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2010, 06:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
NilsE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Near Albany, NY
Posts: 206
 
Device(s): Incredible, Ally, A few others
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 49 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprow507 View Post
I went from the regular Sense ROM to Uncommon Sense and DID restore system data ... I haven't really noticed any issues with doing this?

Also is the layout of your saved screens restored when you do apps + data or apps + system data because I was able to get the layout of my screens back?
Going from a stock 2.2 to Uncommon Sense is not that big a change so you got away with the system data restore. If you start to have problems like apps force closing you may want to consider a fresh (wipe) install.

apps + system is probably what restored your layout.
__________________
Couple of links:

My HTC Incredible ROM's:
Here or Here
My i910 Custom ROM's: Here or Here
My Personal Page: Here
NilsE is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NilsE For This Useful Post:
jprow507 (October 21st, 2010)
Old October 21st, 2010, 08:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 268
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 137
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilsE View Post
Going from a stock 2.2 to Uncommon Sense is not that big a change so you got away with the system data restore. If you start to have problems like apps force closing you may want to consider a fresh (wipe) install.

apps + system is probably what restored your layout.
Thanks ... so in normal circumstances after flashing a ROM you can recover all your apps using Titanium but you would normally have to re-do all your screen layouts?
jprow507 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.