First off, yes I know there are a bagillion threads on not being able to root, and I have spent hours looking through them and my issue isn't resolved, so hear me out.
I just got a Droid Incredible (has Froyo and an AMOLED screen) after my Droid 1 cracked its screen (easily rooted, btw), and tried rooting this with unrevoked 3.32 (newest from his site
). I followed this explicit guide verbatim (here
Unrevoked fails to root, install recovery, or turn off security, giving me the ERROR "Backup CID is Missing" that is mentioned in the guide, so I follow the linked instructions on how to manually flash a recovery image to the device (here
After booting into hboot with the PC36IMG.zip file on my SD card, hboot scans and says no image or wrong image found for all four checks.
SUMMARY: I cannot flash a custom recovery, so cannot flash a ROM, so no root, and security is still enabled.
I tried using ADB to flash it manually following this
, but I get the following error in cmd prompt
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (4200 KB)... OKAY [ 0.606s]
writing 'recovery'... INFOsignature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
finished. total time: 1.183s
Some notes that people said to try:
- I have tried three SD cards that all work in my Droid 1
- I re
formatted all of them to FAT32 to be sure
- I have tried two windows 7 computers with ADB and unrevoked
- I do not have HTC sync, but I tried installing it and uninstalling like the guide suggests
- I have removed all drivers and reinstalled the unrevoked once again
- I uninstalled Dropbox
- Debugging is enabled, as is everything else in the first guide
- I tried many PC36IMG.zip files (clockwork, RA, stock, different versions) (named them .zip, extracted .img, PC31, etc)
Help would be much appreciated because I am too used to root on my Droid 1!