Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - All Things Root
Incredible - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 10th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible Rooted CM 6.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default clockworkmod 3.x

hey when will rom manager release the update to clockworkmod 3.0?
just i dont want to manually flash it in order to install cm7

Advertisements
andrix10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 10th, 2011, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,569
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 477
Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,340 Posts
Default

You don't need it to flash cm7
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 11:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible Rooted CM 6.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i thought u had to because gingerbread uses some new system or something like that
andrix10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Nope CWM 3.0 isn't required for CM7. I just flashed build #32 fine using 2.5.1.2
sharp65 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
HKM
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FL, USA
Posts: 422
 
Device(s): HTC HD2/Glacier
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
Send a message via AIM to HKM
Default

Replace the current 2.5.1.2 with 2.5.1.4 as CM7 does requires CWM3.x just because you were able to flash it don't mean anything. You have to understand CWM2.x is CM6 as CWM3.x is for CM7 as much more is supported for gingerbread in CWM3.x
HKM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NoVA
Posts: 381
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid RAZR
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 119 Times in 67 Posts
Default

nevermind
mrjinglesusa is offline  
Last edited by mrjinglesusa; February 12th, 2011 at 07:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NoVA
Posts: 381
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid RAZR
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 119 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrix10 View Post
hey when will rom manager release the update to clockworkmod 3.0?
just i dont want to manually flash it in order to install cm7
You can flash the new recovery using ROM Manager now.
mrjinglesusa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 08:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Medion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Auburn, WA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,860
 
Device(s): Moto X 64GB (XT1053), Moto G 8GB (XT1028)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 46
Thanked 1,009 Times in 516 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKM View Post
Replace the current 2.5.1.2 with 2.5.1.4 as CM7 does requires CWM3.x just because you were able to flash it don't mean anything.
Actually, it does mean something. It means that it works. I also flashed #32 with 2.5.1.2.

The new method has nothing to do with Gingerbread, though it is coincidental that most GB ROMs going forward will use it. Team Douche has even on on record saying that they will be requiring CWM3 in the near future. However, it's not required as of build #33. That's confirmed.
Medion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
HKM
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FL, USA
Posts: 422
 
Device(s): HTC HD2/Glacier
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
Send a message via AIM to HKM
Default

When you have phantom issues as posted by so many folks don't clog up the faq threads later on asking what went wrong. As /data may not be overwritten, the permission base may not be allocated and countless other issues attributed, as allocating ext4 and bootloop issue with voltage counter in kernel. Which was never linked directly to CWM but it seemed people with curtain variables are more likely to reproduce dose factors. Just cuz you can fit a fat guy in a small car does not mean it was optimized for him. When he hits a brick all and smash it see how that works out for him LOL. I know this as I live in XDA, also what is big deal about flashing 2.5.1.4? its very easy to flash it va console using flash recovery.img if that don't work then use CWM3.0.0.7 and change it to 2.5.1.4 from 2.5.1.2
HKM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 10:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
mrjerryk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 211
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid HTC Dinc HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Is anyone else having problems running a Nandroid backup with the new clockworkmod release. Mine keeps freezing in random places. I have tried several times now. Each time I have to pull the battery.

Also it's not because I didn't let it try long enough. I watched an entire movie this last time and it got stuck on com.htc.musicwidget.odex or something like that. After I flashed to an older version of clockworkmod I can run all the backups I want just fine.
mrjerryk is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 12th, 2011, 10:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 108
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

im getting the same issue.. wtf
danglr09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 10:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
mrjerryk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 211
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid HTC Dinc HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danglr09 View Post
im getting the same issue.. wtf
Glad it's not just me. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
mrjerryk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 11:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 108
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

yeah but for me its bad.. it erased some of the rom.. so i have no rom.. but i freezes every time i try to install a rom from sd.. so im kinda stuck in a half working freezing cwm.. idk what to do.. my phones useless right now..
danglr09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 11:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
HKM
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FL, USA
Posts: 422
 
Device(s): HTC HD2/Glacier
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
Send a message via AIM to HKM
Default

How did it erase some of the rom? if you did not do full wipe? Well no worries so what you are saying is when you try to flash rom it gets stuck? if so do you have sdcard reader? you can flash older cwm or if you can't even use cwm then download the stock recovery.img and place it on your sdcard and when you go in to bootloader it will scan it and go though the process. Keep in mind if you flash stock rom it will also flash stock radio and revert root security so you will have to root again. I say before you do that you try to install the new rom though cwm again if not then go with recovery image.
HKM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 12:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 108
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

thanks a lot
danglr09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 02:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible Rooted CM 6.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i flashed #30 nighty i think with 2.5.something cwm, and it worked fine, i was amazed at how faster 2.3 is then the 2.2, now i have 3.0.0.5 cwm and #35 cm7
works fine
andrix10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 04:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Medion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Auburn, WA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,860
 
Device(s): Moto X 64GB (XT1053), Moto G 8GB (XT1028)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 46
Thanked 1,009 Times in 516 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKM View Post
When you have phantom issues as posted by so many folks don't clog up the faq threads later on asking what went wrong. As /data may not be overwritten, the permission base may not be allocated and countless other issues attributed, as allocating ext4 and bootloop issue with voltage counter in kernel. Which was never linked directly to CWM but it seemed people with curtain variables are more likely to reproduce dose factors. Just cuz you can fit a fat guy in a small car does not mean it was optimized for him. When he hits a brick all and smash it see how that works out for him LOL. I know this as I live in XDA, also what is big deal about flashing 2.5.1.4? its very easy to flash it va console using flash recovery.img if that don't work then use CWM3.0.0.7 and change it to 2.5.1.4 from 2.5.1.2
CWM 2.x and 3.x each use a different update script that is wholly incompatible. There is no partial computability. It either works or it doesn't. When CWM3 is required for use, CWM2 will NOT work for flashing, period.

So, please don't go around telling people that they NEED to have CWM3 for CM7, because until Cyanogen says it's needed, it's not.
Medion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 07:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 90
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default

my rom mgr had the new 3.0.0.5 cwm available for update, so i updated it.
Problem is some roms are not flash able with the new cwm. I tried to flash Re-Engineered 2.3 and it was a no go, flash was aborted and specifically said there is a conflict between my .zip and cwm
So I guess some of the dev's need to find a fix.
I was able to flash skyraider with no problems, So I guess its only certain roms
Ken
Hitch_Itch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 08:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
NilsE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Near Albany, NY
Posts: 206
 
Device(s): Incredible, Ally, A few others
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 49 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Let me try to put things in perspective or at least the way I see it.

Most current ROM installs and add-on zip files like kernels are based on Amen scripts (update-script). The new scripts are Edify scripts (updater-script & bin).

All Android OS builds going forward are going to require Edify scripts so ClockWorkMod is getting ready for that

So what works?

Amen scripts (Old)
Work on CWM v2
Will not work on CMW v3

Edify scripts (New)

Works on CWM v3
Will sometimes work on CWM v2

So,

1) ROM's and update zip's like kernels built with Amen scripts will not work on CWM v3 and will simply tell you they are not compatible with CWM v3.

2) ROM's built with Edify scripts will more than likely not work on CWM v2 and will either fail or look like they installed but not boot

3) Update zip's like kernels built with Edify scripts may actually work on CWM v2 since they are very simple scripts and partially built into later versions of CWM v2.

One way to find out for sure before you try it is open the zip file and look in

META-INF/com/google/android/

and
1) If it is just 1 file (update-script) then it is Amen (CWM v2)
2) If there are 2 files (updater-script and update-binary) then it is Edify (CWM v3)

If you are on CWM v3 and need to install something from v2 (Amen) then use ROM Manager to go back to 2.5.1.2. Then after your install you can use the ROM Manager to get back to 3.0.0.5

My Business Sense ROM currently has a version for each but going forward I will only provide Edify scripts since it is a pain to do both. Plus I hate getting the v3 is available message every time I start ROM Manager.

I hope this helps a little
__________________
Couple of links:

My HTC Incredible ROM's:
Here or Here
My i910 Custom ROM's: Here or Here
My Personal Page: Here
NilsE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 09:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 90
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilsE View Post
Let me try to put things in perspective or at least the way I see it.

Most current ROM installs and add-on zip files like kernels are based on Amen scripts (update-script). The new scripts are Edify scripts (updater-script & bin).

All Android OS builds going forward are going to require Edify scripts so ClockWorkMod is getting ready for that

So what works?

Amen scripts (Old)
Work on CWM v2
Will not work on CMW v3

Edify scripts (New)

Works on CWM v3
Will sometimes work on CWM v2

So,

1) ROM's and update zip's like kernels built with Amen scripts will not work on CWM v3 and will simply tell you they are not compatible with CWM v3.

2) ROM's built with Edify scripts will more than likely not work on CWM v2 and will either fail or look like they installed but not boot

3) Update zip's like kernels built with Edify scripts may actually work on CWM v2 since they are very simple scripts and partially built into later versions of CWM v2.

One way to find out for sure before you try it is open the zip file and look in

META-INF/com/google/android/

and
1) If it is just 1 file (update-script) then it is Amen (CWM v2)
2) If there are 2 files (updater-script and update-binary) then it is Edify (CWM v3)

If you are on CWM v3 and need to install something from v2 (Amen) then use ROM Manager to go back to 2.5.1.2. Then after your install you can use the ROM Manager to get back to 3.0.0.5

My Business Sense ROM currently has a version for each but going forward I will only provide Edify scripts since it is a pain to do both. Plus I hate getting the v3 is available message every time I start ROM Manager.

I hope this helps a little
Nice explanation, Thanks
The one big problem I am having is I Cannot revert back to the any 2x clockwork recovery's, no matter what 2x I try to flash I get the "AN ERROR OCCURRED FLASHING"

Ken
Hitch_Itch is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 13th, 2011, 10:35 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
NilsE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Near Albany, NY
Posts: 206
 
Device(s): Incredible, Ally, A few others
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 49 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch_Itch View Post
Nice explanation, Thanks
The one big problem I am having is I Cannot revert back to the any 2x clockwork recovery's, no matter what 2x I try to flash I get the "AN ERROR OCCURRED FLASHING"

Ken
If you have a working ROM then flashing recovery 2.5.1.2 with ROM Manager should work. Is that what is failing on you?
NilsE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 90
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilsE View Post
If you have a working ROM then flashing recovery 2.5.1.2 with ROM Manager should work. Is that what is failing on you?
Yes
Hitch_Itch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
mrjerryk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 211
 
Device(s): Motorola Droid HTC Dinc HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilsE View Post
If you have a working ROM then flashing recovery 2.5.1.2 with ROM Manager should work. Is that what is failing on you?
^^^

2.5.1.2 should work. I would try this one again. It is on the bottom of the list in ROM Manager. All the others but this one failed for me with the same error message when I tried to go back to an older version.
mrjerryk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 04:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 90
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjerryk View Post
^^^

2.5.1.2 should work. I would try this one again. It is on the bottom of the list in ROM Manager. All the others but this one failed for me with the same error message when I tried to go back to an older version.
thanks,
I will try it when I get back from work later this week, I wont have time tonight to mess with it

Ken
Hitch_Itch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
howarmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Noblesville, IN
Posts: 1,580
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Rooted Asus Transformer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 339
Thanked 229 Times in 176 Posts
Send a message via AIM to howarmat howarmat
Default

i tried flashing 2.5.1.4 from rom manager and it wouldnt do it. I just download the 2.5.1.2 zip file and loaded it via hboot....i am staying off 3.0.0.5 for now
__________________
~Matt

Rooted Galaxy Nexus
Rooted Asus Transformer
www.twitter.com/howarmat
howarmat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 06:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 220
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Warm TwoPointTwo wont install on the new Clockword Mod 3.x


Ugh
__________________
----------------
HTC Droid Incredible
tmarr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 05:28 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
NilsE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Near Albany, NY
Posts: 206
 
Device(s): Incredible, Ally, A few others
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 49 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarr View Post
Warm TwoPointTwo wont install on the new Clockword Mod 3.x


Ugh
Did you revert back to v2.x and try again?

Not many ROM's for the incredible are on v3.x
NilsE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 07:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
WBMc36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pittsburgh/Erie
Posts: 467
 
Device(s): SGS3, HTC Tunderbolt, HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 28
Thanked 52 Times in 39 Posts
Default

virtousv3.2 doesn't work on cwmv3.x either, just a heads up in case anyone tries it.
__________________
Samsung Galaxy S III
Rooted Stock

Retired: Thunderbolt, Incredible
WBMc36 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Medion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Auburn, WA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,860
 
Device(s): Moto X 64GB (XT1053), Moto G 8GB (XT1028)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 46
Thanked 1,009 Times in 516 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBMc36 View Post
virtousv3.2 doesn't work on cwmv3.x either, just a heads up in case anyone tries it.
None of the existing Sense-based ROMs will work on 3.x.
Medion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 11:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
WBMc36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pittsburgh/Erie
Posts: 467
 
Device(s): SGS3, HTC Tunderbolt, HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 28
Thanked 52 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Yeah I got stuck. I rooted my friends phone and put miui on it for her cause she wanted to try it cause it looks like the iPhone. 15 mins later I get a text saying I really don't like this. Somehow cwm3.0 made its way onto her phone and she wanted back to normal so I was trying to flash virtuous. Found out the hard way this didn't work. Sucks. Worth noting though if you planning on updating to 3.0 for any reason.
WBMc36 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 15th, 2011, 11:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Medion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Auburn, WA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,860
 
Device(s): Moto X 64GB (XT1053), Moto G 8GB (XT1028)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 46
Thanked 1,009 Times in 516 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion View Post
None of the existing Sense-based ROMs will work on 3.x.
Incredible Re-Engineered has been updated for CWM3.
Medion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 11:50 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 220
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilsE View Post
Did you revert back to v2.x and try again?

Not many ROM's for the incredible are on v3.x
Yeah just went to ROM Manager and flashed the bottom of the list one. Works perfect now
tmarr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.