Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - All Things Root
Incredible - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree76Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 8th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #501 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Help, please?

Scotty, currently I am having a problem at the flashing of Unrevoked Forever.

I keep trying to flash it and get this: "e:unsupported radio version
e:update failed. check /sdcard/soff.log
ed:error in /sdcard/unrevoked-forever.zip
(status 42)
installation aborted."

I took out my battery after trying the second time and the entire thing freezing. I went into my software and saw that it was still showing me at 2.3.4. I went into the hboot screen and saw that is was unlocked and still had S-ON.

Any tips on how to proceed? I've looked around the net for viable ways. I tried to do the radio thing using command prompt since s has to be off in order to flash the radio and hboot on the phone, and got the message "FAILED <status malformed <1 byte>>

timeisrelative is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 8th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #502 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

You need to downgrade to froyo,wich does have a compatible baseband.

You can fasboot flash recovery with s on,unlocked. Make sure your phone is in fastboot,and not hboot(will say fastboot usb in red)
__________________
The Delivery Guy
If someone has helped you,please click the THANKS button on that post.
Please post questions so others can benefit from the answers.
donate to my device fund
scotty85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2012, 04:15 AM   #503 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks Scotty for the clear instructions. This is my first time rooting and your help is making it really easy for me.
Everything has been working as expected so far except I am getting an error on step 3.

after clearing the two caches in the recovery menu when I attempt to
-Install zip from sd card
-choose zip from sdcard
-Superuser-3.0.7-efgh-signed/

instead of installing brings me into the subfolders
-META-INF
-system

I tried searching through both folders to install the superuser file but no matter where I go I am getting the error

"No files found."

I tried redownloading/extracting the superuser file and made sure it is on the root folder of my SD drive

I also tried installing it from the internal SD card.

Since I looked through all 11 pages and no else seems to be getting the same error I must be making some mistake.
Maybe I am putting the superuser folder in the wrong place?
In order to put it onto the root folder
1. I connect the droid to my PC (usb debugging on)
2. Choose "Mount as disk drive"
3. Place the extracted Superuser-3.07-efgh-signed folder on the top of my I: drive (my SD card)

Let me know where I'm going wrong
Thanks

INCREDIBLE XC SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-1.02.0000
MICROP-0417
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-2.15.1012.20
Dec 21 2011, 23:37:16
Moontra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2012, 06:28 AM   #504 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

Do NOT extract the zip file. Everything that's flashed in recovery(roms,superuser,forever patch) is flashed as a zipfile.
scotty85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #505 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ha makes sense, considering the command is to "install from zip"

I'm so close. I got hung up on step 8 and accidentally pulled the usb cord during one of the commands -.- which I think really messed things up because when I tried to run it again it read FAILED

So I tried to reset to factory settings and start from step one.
However when I got to step 4 it read 3.26.605.1
me being a dumbass, assumed that I was an exception to the rule (because I am in S-Off) and proceeded to relock my bootloader.

I was able to downgrade to froyo but now I can't unlock my phone to install clockwork.

my error message looks like:

c:\miniadb_inc>fastboot devices
MB125HJ09571 fastboot

c:\miniadb_inc>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)... OKAY [ 0.014s]
writing 'unlocktoken'... FAILED (remote: not allowed)

I should have came to you before making false assumptions. Please excuse my ignorance, but could you point me in the right direction?

INCREDIBEL XC SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.92.0000
MICROP-0417
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO2.15.00.07.20
Dec 21 2011, 23:37:16
Moontra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 05:04 AM   #506 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moontra View Post
Ha makes sense, considering the command is to "install from zip"

I'm so close. I got hung up on step 8 and accidentally pulled the usb cord during one of the commands -.- which I think really messed things up because when I tried to run it again it read FAILED

So I tried to reset to factory settings and start from step one.
However when I got to step 4 it read 3.26.605.1
me being a dumbass, assumed that I was an exception to the rule (because I am in S-Off) and proceeded to relock my bootloader.

I was able to downgrade to froyo but now I can't unlock my phone to install clockwork.

my error message looks like:

c:\miniadb_inc>fastboot devices
MB125HJ09571 fastboot

c:\miniadb_inc>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)... OKAY [ 0.014s]
writing 'unlocktoken'... FAILED (remote: not allowed)

I should have came to you before making false assumptions. Please excuse my ignorance, but could you point me in the right direction?

INCREDIBEL XC SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.92.0000
MICROP-0417
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO2.15.00.07.20
Dec 21 2011, 23:37:16
consider yourself lucky that your phone still boots and works,as disconnecting the usb cable during an hboot or radio flash will in most cases leave you with a fancy,high tech paperweight.

you are unable to reunlock your bootloader,becasue being s-off,the htcdev compatible 1.02 or 1.07 have been overwritten with the .92 when you flashed the froyo downgrade again,wich is not compatible and does not support the fastboot flash command to install recovery.

since you have installed the forever patch successfully,you have caused yourself alot of unneccessary agravation by starting over at step 1. once you are s-off,the phone is not doing any security checks whatsoever and you easily have continued on with installing the new hboot,radio,and flashing a new rom. the adb steps are at this point completely un-neccessary. they should not have done any damage in this particular case,but take this as a lesson learned to ask questions first when you get stuck

since you now do not have an htcdev unlock compatible hboot,you have a couple of options to getting recovery back:
1)go ahead and install the new hboot and radio. you can then re-unlock the hboot,and flash the recovery as you did in steps 2 and 6(fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-inc.img)

2)you can install recovery just like i described for the hboot and radio,using the same directions:
Quote:
1)update hboot/radio.
you can install the following in hboot by renaming PB31IMG,or you can place them in miniadb_inc,and flash them like you did the froyo downgrade(phone in fastboot mode):
fastboot devices

fastboot erase cache

fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot flash zip zipname.zip

fastboot reboot-bootloader

fastboot reboot

*whatever method you use,make sure to double check the md5s,as a bad hboot or radio flash can and will leave your device unworking and unrecoverable
where you download clockwork in a PB31IMG type file,and either flash from the sd card in hboot,or put into your mini-adb folder and use the directions above.

you can download this file from here:
http://pvillecomp.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/Clockwork/recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-inc_PB31IMG.zip

hope that helps
scotty85 is offline  
Last edited by scotty85; December 10th, 2012 at 05:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #507 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
take this as a lesson learned to ask questions first when you get stuck
Message received. On a good note, thanks to your help I am rooted, s-off, with clockwork recovery, on hboot-1.07.0000

You have been more helpful than any customer service rep I have ever worked with. I wanted to thank you not only for the well written guide, but also for the timely follow up assistance.

Your an android badass.

Final question, would you recommend that I relock my phone or am I safe to leave it unlocked?

Cheers
Moontra is offline  
Last edited by Moontra; December 10th, 2012 at 08:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #508 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan
Gender: Female
Posts: 3
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sobralski97@gmail.com
Default

Hi Scotty, I'm stuck on this. I try flashing to recovery but it will not work. I have tried multiple times! Help please!:/
Sobralski97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #509 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan
Gender: Female
Posts: 3
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sobralski97@gmail.com
Default

This is what it says when i try flashing the recovery
sending 'recovery' (3064 KB)...
FAILED (status malformed (1 bytes))
finished. total time: 0.002s
Sobralski97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #510 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moontra View Post
Message received. On a good note, thanks to your help I am rooted, s-off, with clockwork recovery, on hboot-1.07.0000

You have been more helpful than any customer service rep I have ever worked with. I wanted to thank you not only for the well written guide, but also for the timely follow up assistance.

Your an android badass.

Final question, would you recommend that I relock my phone or am I safe to leave it unlocked?
Cheers
thanks for your kind words,it means alot to me when i am able to help folks achieve what they want.

you are perfectly safe to leave it unlocked,so you can fastboot flash your recovery if you need to.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobralski97 View Post
This is what it says when i try flashing the recovery
sending 'recovery' (3064 KB)...
FAILED (status malformed (1 bytes))
finished. total time: 0.002s
theres not alot of info there to try and troubleshoot.

check the basics:
-phone is in fastboot,not hboot(correc screen will display fastboot usb on the bootloader screen)
-make sure your file is an image file,and in the adb/fastboot folder
-make sure you have an unlocked htcdev compatible hboot. (it will say unlocked across the top of the bootloader screen)
-make sure absolutely nothing is running on the pc that can talk tothe phone. htc sync,pdanet,easy tether,even itunes can all cause interfearance.
-try different usb cables and ports
-try and reboot of the PC

other than that, a copy and paste of your cmd window,and a screenshot of your miniadb-inc folder will help
scotty85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 10th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #511 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 3
 
Device(s): DInc, Rezound
Carrier: verizon

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to rockgecko17a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
working fine for me. you may need to adjust your browser/firewall/antivirus settings



no idea,sorry. im not very proficient with linux. is the phone in fastboot when you enter the command?
yes it was in fastboot
rockgecko17a is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #512 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Stuck at 4)rewrite the misc image with adb and downgrade to froyo

When I try either of these pushes, 0 bytes are transfered

c:\miniadb_inc>adb push flash_image /data/local/ 1428 KB/s (0 bytes in 0.052s)

c:\miniadb_inc>adb push mtd0.img /sdcard/ 1120 KB/s (0 bytes in 0.571s)

Any suggestions anyone?
carldaz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #513 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

So although I said I was rooted I just attempted to use a couple root only apps and I am getting an error message that I am not rooted, I'm guessing it must be from the factory reset. I'm guessing I probably need to reinstall the superuser file, redowngrade to froyo (I don't think I am downgraded right now), and reinstall unrovoked forever?

Any advice on which step I should start at?

INCREDIBEL XC SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-01.07.0000
MICROP-0417
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO2.15.00.07.20
Dec 21 2011, 23:37:16
Moontra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 05:02 AM   #514 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carldaz View Post
When I try either of these pushes, 0 bytes are transfered

c:\miniadb_inc>adb push flash_image /data/local/ 1428 KB/s (0 bytes in 0.052s)

c:\miniadb_inc>adb push mtd0.img /sdcard/ 1120 KB/s (0 bytes in 0.571s)

Any suggestions anyone?
the files are not a full byte in size,so this is not neccessarily an issue. the time does indicate that files were pushed. try continuing on,and see if you get other errors(check with the code box for correct responses)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moontra View Post
So although I said I was rooted I just attempted to use a couple root only apps and I am getting an error message that I am not rooted, I'm guessing it must be from the factory reset. I'm guessing I probably need to reinstall the superuser file, redowngrade to froyo (I don't think I am downgraded right now), and reinstall unrovoked forever?

Any advice on which step I should start at?

INCREDIBEL XC SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-01.07.0000
MICROP-0417
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO2.15.00.07.20
Dec 21 2011, 23:37:16
nope... no more downgradeing,no more flashing forever. once youre s off you stay that way.

all you need to do is use recovery to install superuser,or install a custom rom(wich will be rooted )

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgecko17a View Post
yes it was in fastboot
not really sure then... got the sdk installed correctly? are you in the correct directory?
scotty85 is offline  
Last edited by scotty85; December 11th, 2012 at 05:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #515 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
You need to downgrade to froyo,wich does have a compatible baseband.

You can fasboot flash recovery with s on,unlocked. Make sure your phone is in fastboot,and not hboot(will say fastboot usb in red)
Scotty, I was under the impression that I was supposed to be downgraded after following your directions? I followed them up until the radio updating step when I encountered the problem with Unrevoked Forever.

Anyhow, I searched through the internet for alternative solutions to downgrade to Froyo and none of them have worked. I have a half-root, I guess, since I have clockworkmod on the SD card and Superuser, but I still have S-ON and my hboot in unlocked.

I'm so sorry that this sounds so amateur or noobish because I'm a noob in phone software.

Can you please help me understand what went wrong so I can restart from there. Thank you soooooooooo^1,000,000,000 for being so helpful thus far because I'd be absolutely no where without you.

Sidenote, my phone has been "flashed" onto Cricket via in store personnel, so maybe that is the problem? (Before it was flashed, I was still having problems but that was due to the Gingerbread thing.)
timeisrelative is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #516 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,540
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 470
Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeisrelative View Post
Scotty, I was under the impression that I was supposed to be downgraded after following your directions? I followed them up until the radio updating step when I encountered the problem with Unrevoked Forever.

Anyhow, I searched through the internet for alternative solutions to downgrade to Froyo and none of them have worked. I have a half-root, I guess, since I have clockworkmod on the SD card and Superuser, but I still have S-ON and my hboot in unlocked.

I'm so sorry that this sounds so amateur or noobish because I'm a noob in phone software.

Can you please help me understand what went wrong so I can restart from there. Thank you soooooooooo^1,000,000,000 for being so helpful thus far because I'd be absolutely no where without you.

Sidenote, my phone has been "flashed" onto Cricket via in store personnel, so maybe that is the problem? (Before it was flashed, I was still having problems but that was due to the Gingerbread thing.)
If you completely follow the directions in the first post from start to finish... It will downgrade you to froyo,(to use unrevoked forever), then will upgrade you back to gingerbread.... If you have root, s-on, and unlocked, you've only followed half the directions. You just need to start at step 4 . However, I'm not sure what will happen to your cricket flash if you complete the steps, you may have to take the phone back to them to have it reflashed.
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #517 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Looking for some help here after searching and not being able to find my answer.

HTC incredible hboot 1.07 s-on

completed steps 1 and 2 without issue.

step 3 is where I'm having trouble

Reboot into recovery shows an icon with a red exclamation point (not the top hat like I believe should be displayed) Also, I dont have all the options that ClockworkMod Recovery should have, only the following:

Reboot system now
Apply update from sdcard
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition

Also have the error in yellow text:
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command


Any ideas? Thanks all.
spymac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #518 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spymac View Post
Looking for some help here after searching and not being able to find my answer.

HTC incredible hboot 1.07 s-on

completed steps 1 and 2 without issue.

step 3 is where I'm having trouble

Reboot into recovery shows an icon with a red exclamation point (not the top hat like I believe should be displayed) Also, I dont have all the options that ClockworkMod Recovery should have, only the following:

Reboot system now
Apply update from sdcard
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition

Also have the error in yellow text:
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command


Any ideas? Thanks all.
what you are seeing is the stock recovery. apparently not everything went as smoothly as you thot somewhere along the line

if your hboot is displaying unlocked then start over at step 2,and compare your cmd lines to the ones in the code box in the OP and make sure you get the same outputs. if you still have no success with the recovery,copy and paste the contents of your cmd window and we will try and figure out where it went wrong
gbiggie likes this.
scotty85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
gbiggie (December 15th, 2012)
Old December 15th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #519 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
what you are seeing is the stock recovery. apparently not everything went as smoothly as you thot somewhere along the line

if your hboot is displaying unlocked then start over at step 2,and compare your cmd lines to the ones in the code box in the OP and make sure you get the same outputs. if you still have no success with the recovery,copy and paste the contents of your cmd window and we will try and figure out where it went wrong
Thanks! The hboot was displaying "RE-LOCKED".

Originally I had followed the instructions on HTC's site which suggested relocking the boot loader.

After I unlocked it again "fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" and reloaded the recovery image in step 2, it is all working correctly.

Onward!
spymac is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spymac For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (December 15th, 2012)
Old December 16th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #520 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ythot26 View Post
so I'm on step 4, and am trying to put the PB31IMG.zip into the command prompt. however each time I do that, it says it is unable to read the file. I've gotten the other md5 sums to work, just not this one, so I think there might be something wrong with the file? also, every time I go to extract the pb31img file, it says it is invalid.

hope someone can help

EDIT:
I figured that part out, but now when I go to put in adb push mtd0.img /sdcard/ it tells me there is no space left on device.. should I clear my sdcard or something? little confused as to how to proceed here.

2nd edit: haha figured it out with a little tinkering. thanks for this walkthrough!
Hey Scotty, I am having a similar issue to the one quoted above. Everything seemed to be working fine, until I got to rewriting the misc image and downgrading. I've pasted the command prompt below. It says that there is no space left on the device, and I've tried everything I can think of... I re-formatted the sd card to FAT32, and a few other things. Is there anything I should be doing differently or another way to go about this process so that I can downgrade my phone and install custom ROMS?
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Doug>cd c:\miniadb_inc

c:\miniadb_inc>adb devices
List of devices attached
HT07AHJ03728 device


c:\miniadb_inc>md5sums mtd0.img

MD5sums 1.2 freeware for Win9x/ME/NT/2000/XP+
Copyright (C) 2001-2005 Jem Berkes - PC-Tools.Net: Tools and utilities for Windows, Unix/Linux, DOS
Type md5sums -h for help

[Path] / filename MD5 sum
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[c:\miniadb_inc\]
mtd0.img 34307be744275f1db1dd16af04c37839

c:\miniadb_inc>md5sums flash_image

MD5sums 1.2 freeware for Win9x/ME/NT/2000/XP+
Copyright (C) 2001-2005 Jem Berkes - PC-Tools.Net: Tools and utilities for Windows, Unix/Linux, DOS
Type md5sums -h for help

[Path] / filename MD5 sum
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[c:\miniadb_inc\]
flash_image 0098a7dd6600b55fac34fc6645be5d7a

c:\miniadb_inc>md5sums PB31IMG.zip

MD5sums 1.2 freeware for Win9x/ME/NT/2000/XP+
Copyright (C) 2001-2005 Jem Berkes - PC-Tools.Net: Tools and utilities for Windows, Unix/Linux, DOS
Type md5sums -h for help

[Path] / filename MD5 sum
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[c:\miniadb_inc\]
PB31IMG.zip 100% 31bb1611a0fa8197d447c0438426717e

c:\miniadb_inc>adb push flash_image /data/local/
1515 KB/s (76044 bytes in 0.049s)

c:\miniadb_inc>adb push mtd0.img /sdcard/
1636 KB/s (655360 bytes in 0.391s)

c:\miniadb_inc>adb shell
$ su
su
# cd /data/local
cd /data/local
# chmod 0755 /data/local/flash_image
chmod 0755 /data/local/flash_image
# cd /data/local
cd /data/local
# ./flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd0.img
./flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd0.img
mtd: read all-zero block at 0x00000000; skipping
mtd: not writing bad block at 0x00080000
error writing misc: No space left on device


Thanks,
D
dmsmotocross6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 16th, 2012, 09:01 AM   #521 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

hmm that does not look like a good error message. is your phone in functional,working order? what software build are you on?

might help to adb reboot bootloader

once in bootloader,
fastboot devices

then

fastboot getvar all

and copy/paste that output here
scotty85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #522 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, Scotty. It says I am still on 2.3.4. Below are the results from getvar:
"
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Doug>cd c:\miniadb_inc

c:\miniadb_inc>adb reboot bootloader

c:\miniadb_inc>fastboot devices
HTxxxxxxxxxx fastboot

c:\miniadb_inc>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.07.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 2.15.10.12.20
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: 0417
INFOversion-main:
INFOserialno: HTxxxxxxxxxx
INFOproduct: incrediblec
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8x50
INFOmodelid: PB3120000
INFOcidnum: VZW__001
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4151mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: e068cb45
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.005s

c:\miniadb_inc>

"

Thanks again,
D
dmsmotocross6 is offline  
Last edited by scotty85; December 16th, 2012 at 11:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #523 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsmotocross6 View Post
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, Scotty. It says I am still on 2.3.4. Below are the results from getvar:
"
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Doug>cd c:\miniadb_inc

c:\miniadb_inc>adb reboot bootloader

c:\miniadb_inc>fastboot devices
HTxxxxxxxxx fastboot

c:\miniadb_inc>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.07.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 2.15.10.12.20
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: 0417
INFOversion-main: <-empty
INFOserialno: HTxxxxxxxxx
INFOproduct: incrediblec
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8x50
INFOmodelid: PB3120000
INFOcidnum: VZW__001
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4151mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: e068cb45
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.005s

c:\miniadb_inc>

"

Thanks again,
D
notice that your main version is empty this may be a fluke,that you will be able to downgrade without the adb steps. i would jump ahead to the steps to flash the froyo ruu:

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot erase cache

fastboot oem rebootRUU

etc. if you need to,relock with fastboot oem lock

if it flashes the downgrade,then just finish the directions- reunlock,reinstall recovery,flash superuser and forever patch

edit:
i also took the liberty of x'ing out your serial number... not the sort of thing you want to broadcast on the net
scotty85 is offline  
Last edited by scotty85; December 16th, 2012 at 11:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #524 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thank you very much! I'll give that a shot
dmsmotocross6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dmsmotocross6 For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (December 17th, 2012)
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:25 AM   #525 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Thank You

Hey Scotty85,

I just wanted to thank you for your work on this. I used your previous (non-HTC) guide to root my inc and this weekend used this one for my wife's. Both times worked as expected and I just wanted to take time to thank you (and any other devs) for putting this together.

I do have one question. I updated the hboot & radio in step 8 (no problems) and made a nandroid. I want to flash CM7.2, but wondering if the hboot & radio are ROM dependent? Would like the most recent radio and hboot for both our phones (both will run CM7.2 stable).

Thanks again,
Mike
mrm312 is offline  
Last edited by mrm312; December 17th, 2012 at 08:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrm312 For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (December 17th, 2012)
Old December 17th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #526 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thank you for your work. I had my HTC Incredible from someone that brought from US in my country and I used since then as a tablet. In fact the people don't realize that they don't need the phone itself but the portability and functionality of a such small and fast device.
Never thought I could unlock a phone by myself but after three days, beginning to loose hope that I'll ever get over this, I found your tutorial and after 1 or 2 hours I managed to put back the older Android and this way to reactivate the phone for Verizon (again by a hack, of course, by changing the mdn finally).
In fact is an example of how should be made a tutorial, long enough, but clear... thanks again.
scotty85 likes this.
fff45g is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fff45g For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (December 17th, 2012)
Old December 17th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #527 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsmotocross6 View Post
Thank you very much! I'll give that a shot
any luck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm312 View Post
Hey Scotty85,

I just wanted to thank you for your work on this. I used your previous (non-HTC) guide to root my inc and this weekend used this one for my wife's. Both times worked as expected and I just wanted to take time to thank you (and any other devs) for putting this together.

I do have one question. I updated the hboot & radio in step 8 (no problems) and made a nandroid. I want to flash CM7.2, but wondering if the hboot & radio are ROM dependent? Would like the most recent radio and hboot for both our phones (both will run CM7.2 stable).

Thanks again,
Mike
with newer devices,roms may be firmware dependent,but with the incredible,the newest hboot and radio are compatible with most everything. you should be fine to run cm7 with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fff45g View Post
Thank you for your work. I had my HTC Incredible from someone that brought from US in my country and I used since then as a tablet. In fact the people don't realize that they don't need the phone itself but the portability and functionality of a such small and fast device.
Never thought I could unlock a phone by myself but after three days, beginning to loose hope that I'll ever get over this, I found your tutorial and after 1 or 2 hours I managed to put back the older Android and this way to reactivate the phone for Verizon (again by a hack, of course, by changing the mdn finally).
In fact is an example of how should be made a tutorial, long enough, but clear... thanks again.
awsome glad it has worked out for you
scotty85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #528 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
with newer devices,roms may be firmware dependent,but with the incredible,the newest hboot and radio are compatible with most everything. you should be fine to run cm7 with them.
OK, Thanks! Assuming those (in the OP) are the most recent hboot & radio for the inc? Cheers...
mrm312 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2012, 06:52 AM   #529 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm312 View Post
OK, Thanks! Assuming those (in the OP) are the most recent hboot & radio for the inc? Cheers...
yup!
scotty85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
mrm312 (December 19th, 2012)
Old December 20th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #530 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default MayDay...MayDay

So I flashed the new radio and hboot, and the usb was knocked out while rebooting. Now I'm stuck at the "HTC Incredible" boot screen. I'm able to get to fastboot and recovery, but recovery says the following:

E: Can't mount /sdcard/
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

I'm S-OFF and have an unlocked bootloader. What are my options? Reflash recovery?

UPDATE: I was able to restore a nandroid, and CM7 boots up now, with the updated radio and hboot, as well as, unlocked bootloader. Lesson learned, wait until kids go to bed before doing this kind of stuff

UPDATE2: Even thought this looks fixed, for my own knowledge what happened? and what does the above mean? Thanks...
mrm312 is offline  
Last edited by mrm312; December 21st, 2012 at 07:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrm312 For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (December 21st, 2012), sdrawkcab25 (December 21st, 2012)
sponsored links
Old December 21st, 2012, 09:09 AM   #531 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

if im understanding correctly,the usb was pulled out well after the hboot and radio flash correct? as the phone was booting? im honestly not sure why that would have caused the issue it did. maybe a small electrical change that confused something during the boot process.

i was going to suggest you pull the battery,and then "fastboot erase cache" prior to entering recovery,i think that would have fixed the error messages...

but at any rate im glad youre up and running,and thank the phone gods your usb cable didnt get pulled during the hboot/radio flash... as that would likely have been very bad!
scotty85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
mrm312 (December 21st, 2012)
Old December 21st, 2012, 09:17 AM   #532 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
if im understanding correctly,the usb was pulled out well after the hboot and radio flash correct? as the phone was booting? im honestly not sure why that would have caused the issue it did. maybe a small electrical change that confused something during the boot process.
Yup. It just hung at the HTC Incredible screen after I issued the 'fastboot reboot' cmd. Based on the recovery errors I posted, I'm guessing it couldn't load recovery fully?
mrm312 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2012, 04:16 AM   #533 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm312 View Post
Yup. It just hung at the HTC Incredible screen after I issued the 'fastboot reboot' cmd. Based on the recovery errors I posted, I'm guessing it couldn't load recovery fully?
not so much it couldnt load recovery,but recovery couldnt load other partitions,wich it needs to be able to do in order to change them.
scotty85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #534 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 82
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Scotty, thanks so much for this guide. I smashed my Rezound so I got a Dinc off eBay. I will be returning to my Android roots with this phone. Can't believe development is still so active on this outdated phone. Anyway I will be attempting to root it when I get it and using your guide. A lot has changed since the last time I rooted a Dinc, hopefully I can get it done.
scotty85 likes this.
__________________
Rooted HTC Incredible
R2DoesInc 2.3 Gingerbread (OMGB)
Invisiblek #21 Kernel
LauncherPro Plus
ilinimud is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ilinimud For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (December 29th, 2012)
Old December 29th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #535 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

the original incredible was top notch when it came out,with specs rivaling the nexus 1. it was my 3rd android,and my second htc. i had alot of fun with the inc,and still have a fondness for the incredible line,having an inc 2 and 4g as well the inc is still a decent phone,and even as older devs move on,others move up and continue to make the device fun to own.

hopefully the root goes smoothly,just holler if you have questions prior to or during the process.
scotty85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #536 (permalink)
BSH
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 56
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Last night I went through the first three steps with success. I thought everything was fine. I came back today, and got hung up on step 4. Every time I try to ./flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd0.img, it says "not writing bad block at" ..... "error writing misc: no space left on device"
I don't want to go on if I have an error.

As a side note, it appears that the phone relocks itself somewhere in this process. I have no trouble re-writing the unlock token, but is that normal?

Any help? Why is my phone failing to flash the mtd0.img? Thanks.
BSH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #537 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSH View Post
Last night I went through the first three steps with success. I thought everything was fine. I came back today, and got hung up on step 4. Every time I try to ./flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd0.img, it says "not writing bad block at" ..... "error writing misc: no space left on device"
I don't want to go on if I have an error.

As a side note, it appears that the phone relocks itself somewhere in this process. I have no trouble re-writing the unlock token, but is that normal?

Any help? Why is my phone failing to flash the mtd0.img? Thanks.
start reading at post #520. my eventual suggestion was to try and downgrade without doing anything- if your main version is empty,like the one above,you may be able to simly flash the froyo ruu.
scotty85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
BSH (December 29th, 2012)
Old December 29th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #538 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hello,

Does the guide from the first post still work? And will it work on my Dinc running 2.3.4. - 4.08.605.2 CL185897

Thanks
SHAK3R is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #539 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAK3R View Post
Hello,

Does the guide from the first post still work? And will it work on my Dinc running 2.3.4. - 4.08.605.2 CL185897

Thanks
yes. still works fine.
scotty85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
SHAK3R (December 29th, 2012)
Old December 29th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #540 (permalink)
BSH
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 56
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Scotty, thanks a ton. I went through the rest of the steps, and I have S-off & unlocked!

I don't need to flash the radio & hboot to flash a new ROM, do I?

Thanks again.

One of these days, I want a USB Linux install with all the necessary ADB stuff baked in it.
scotty85 likes this.
BSH is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BSH For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (December 30th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old December 30th, 2012, 05:46 AM   #541 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

Awsome! Glad it worked for ya.

You don't need to change the radio/hboot to flash a Rom. And you can always upgrade them later,whatever Rom you're on
scotty85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 09:35 AM   #542 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Syracuse Metro
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yesterday, fed up with the "Low on space" bug and now not using it as my main phone, I attempted to root following your instructions, and...Windows 8 wouldn't/couldn't install the drivers.

I hate Windows, have used Ubuntu for years. If anyone can give me easy instructions, maybe I can move on to step two ;-)

I appreciate your help!
Mindful is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:14 AM   #543 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

do you allready have the sdk set up? if so,it should be a simple matter of moving the stuff inside the miniadb_inc download into your current folder containg adb/fastboot.

then,youll just need to do a lil bit of research on the commands,some will need a ./ added in front,and i think some are ok as is...

sorry i cant be of more help,id love to be more proficient in linux,but unfortuately i am not

awhile ago id found a pretty good post on xda about adb with linux... if i can track it down again,ill post it
scotty85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #544 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 82
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

My phone says I'm on hboot 0.98.0000. Will I need to upgrade that, and if so where is the RUU I need to download?
ilinimud is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #545 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,540
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 470
Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilinimud View Post
My phone says I'm on hboot 0.98.0000. Will I need to upgrade that, and if so where is the RUU I need to download?

What phone do you have? 0.98.000 is not a hboot that the HTC droid incredible(original) uses...
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sdrawkcab25 For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (January 4th, 2013)
Old January 4th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #546 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilinimud View Post
My phone says I'm on hboot 0.98.0000. Will I need to upgrade that, and if so where is the RUU I need to download?
Sounds like an incredible 2.

You need this guide: [guide] How to manually downgrade firmware build 6.01.605.05 and newer
scotty85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
sdrawkcab25 (January 4th, 2013)
Old January 4th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #547 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I just got a secondhand Incredible running 2.3.4 (baseband 2.15.10.07.07) and was excited to find these instructions, as I've had problems with the wifi not connecting (will only show "error" when trying to enable it) and figured flashing a new ROM couldn't hurt after attempting half a dozen factory resets along with some other suggested solutions (changing the sleep policy, using a static IP, wifi-fixer apps, etc).

I jumped into the process by installing the SDK, downloading the various files needed, and got to work. I am, unfortunately, completely and utterly stuck at the following command:
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
Instead of the promised block of text, I receive an error message:
C:\Android>fastboot oem get_identifier_token
...
(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!
OKAY [ 0.009s]
finished. total time: 0.009s
I am able to see the device through adb and fastboot, so I attempted to search for a solution to this problem but could find no remedy that worked. I decided to change tactics and installed the needed utilities on my Ubuntu box, made the files executable, tried again, but encountered the exact same error with multiple versions of the fastboot executable (from the SDK tools directory and the HTCDev website). I am unable to retrieve the token and proceed with the excellent tutorial in the first post.

Any suggestions on resolving this error (and my wifi troubles on the side) would be greatly appreciated.
CoolStoryBro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2013, 05:15 AM   #548 (permalink)
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

make sure the phone is in fastboot,not hboot. but it sounds like youre simply not on an htcdev compatible bootloader.

what is your hboot info? you should have 1.02.0000 or 1.07.0000,and a big ***LOCKED*** at the top of the hboot/fastboot screen
scotty85 is offline  
Last edited by scotty85; January 5th, 2013 at 05:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
CoolStoryBro (January 5th, 2013)
Old January 5th, 2013, 05:24 AM   #549 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 82
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
Haha oops my bad. I was on my inc2 instead of 1 when I thought to check that LOL I'm such a dork.
ilinimud is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #550 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
make sure the phone is in fastboot,not hboot. but it sounds like youre simply not on an htcdev compatible bootloader.
I know for sure it's in fastboot, since the "fastboot devices" command brings up the serial number for my device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
what is your hboot info? you should have 1.02.0000 or 1.07.0000,and a big ***LOCKED*** at the top of the hboot/fastboot screen
Yes, good point, and something I should have brought up instead of the other issue. The hboot version does appear to be incompatible and does not show "***LOCKED***" as you mentioned. Here is the hboot info:
INCREDIBLEC XC SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.92.0000
MICROP-0417
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-2.15.10.07.07
Jul 23 2010,18:06:51
Before I posted yesterday, I downloaded the RUU from the HTCDev website (PB3120000_Incredible_C_hboot_1.02.0000_4.08.605.2 .exe) and followed the steps, but it won't connect to the device. The program starts verifying the information on my phone then eventually brings up error 170, which indicates a USB connection problem (I tried another cable with the same results). The instructions make it sound like the utility should be run with the phone in the normal "on" mode, but I've tried it with and without debugging, and in hboot and fastboot with the same results. I just tried each of these again for good measure with no luck.

Hopefully I'm just overlooking some obvious step and not dealing with messed up hardware/software.
CoolStoryBro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.