Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - All Things Root
Incredible - All Things Root Rooting, ROMS, Overclocking, etc.

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 24th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Rooted Droid Incredible

Sorry if this is in the wrong place mods.

Anyway, I've had a rooted Droid Incredible for awhile now and have only had one problem with it. Whenever I try to update the software, it doesn't work. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but I was wondering how I could get the most recent OS without hurting my phone.

I hear the OS4 is really good, so it would be great if there was some way I could get the latest version of that.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

untitled96 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 25th, 2012, 05:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,540
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 470
Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled96 View Post
Sorry if this is in the wrong place mods.

Anyway, I've had a rooted Droid Incredible for awhile now and have only had one problem with it. Whenever I try to update the software, it doesn't work. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but I was wondering how I could get the most recent OS without hurting my phone.

I hear the OS4 is really good, so it would be great if there was some way I could get the latest version of that.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
The update that Verizon is sending won't install because you are rooted ( if it did install, you would lose root access). The update does not update your phone to 4.0.x , it is just a bug fix release.

If you want the latest official software, you would install this rom:
[ROM] Stock rooted OTA 4.08.605.15 - 06-27-2012 - xda-developers

However there is a couple unofficial 4.0 roms, however there is some bugs and not everything is fully functional. This is one of them:
[ROM/Port]Discontinued ICS - xda-developers
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sdrawkcab25 For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (July 26th, 2012)
Old August 8th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrawkcab25 View Post
The update that Verizon is sending won't install because you are rooted ( if it did install, you would lose root access). The update does not update your phone to 4.0.x , it is just a bug fix release.

If you want the latest official software, you would install this rom:
[ROM] Stock rooted OTA 4.08.605.15 - 06-27-2012 - xda-developers

However there is a couple unofficial 4.0 roms, however there is some bugs and not everything is fully functional. This is one of them:
[ROM/Port]Discontinued ICS - xda-developers
Okay, thanks. Is there a guide somewhere that will tell me how to install updated rooted software, and just rooted software in general? I originally rooted it about a year ago and don't remember what I did or how I found out how to do it. Is installing updated software different from rooting for the first time?

Also, the link you gave says it's version 4.08.605.15 but the one my phone is trying to install is version 4.08.605.2. Is this difference so small that it doesn't matter or is there a newer version?
untitled96 is offline  
Last edited by untitled96; August 8th, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,540
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 470
Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled96 View Post
Okay, thanks. Is there a guide somewhere that will tell me how to install updated rooted software, and just rooted software in general? I originally rooted it about a year ago and don't remember what I did or how I found out how to do it. Is installing updated software different from rooting for the first time?

Also, the link you gave says it's version 4.08.605.15 but the one my phone is trying to install is version 4.08.605.2. Is this difference so small that it doesn't matter or is there a newer version?
Your phone needs to go to 4.605.2 before going to 4.605.15, but installing the rom will skip that step.
How to... Flash rom's?
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.