Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - All Things Root > Incredible - ROMs

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By cmlusco
  • 1 Post By cmlusco

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 10th, 2013, 03:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
cmlusco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 82
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 60 Times in 41 Posts
Default [ROM] Stock rooted OTA 4.08.605.19 710RD - 02-10-2013

Stock Rooted OTA 4.08.605.19 710RD Rom


Stock rooted ota 4.08.605.19 710RD rom. It is rooted, zip aligned, has busybox and comes in odexed or deodexed versions. Other than that it is untouched. Enjoy

[standard flashing disclaimer here]

Do a full wipe except for sdcard and emmc, then flash like any other rom.

Stock rooted ota 4.08.605.19 rom may be able to be flashed over Stock rooted ota 4.08.605.15 rom, but is untested. If you flash over and have issues, do a full wipe and fresh install.


DOWNLOAD and please post any questions or comments HERE

.
sdrawkcab25 and jmar like this.

Advertisements
cmlusco is offline  
Last edited by cmlusco; February 10th, 2013 at 04:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post:
jmar (June 29th, 2013), sdrawkcab25 (February 10th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old February 11th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Hi cmlusco,
Can you explain a little what is happening with this 4.08.605.19 OTA thats popped up here lately. I am using your Touch of Blue ROM and everything was running great. A couple of weeks ago my phone started rebooting spontaniously, especially when listening to mp3s. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Last night I tried wiping my cache and Dalvik cache for the heck of it, but it didn't help. I really like your ROM and have enjoyed learning a little about how these phones work but I'm a little confused again. Thanks

fewjr
fewjr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
cmlusco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 82
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 60 Times in 41 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] Stock rooted OTA 4.08.605.19 710RD - 02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fewjr View Post
Hi cmlusco,
Can you explain a little what is happening with this 4.08.605.19 OTA thats popped up here lately. I am using your Touch of Blue ROM and everything was running great. A couple of weeks ago my phone started rebooting spontaniously, especially when listening to mp3s. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Last night I tried wiping my cache and Dalvik cache for the heck of it, but it didn't help. I really like your ROM and have enjoyed learning a little about how these phones work but I'm a little confused again. Thanks

fewjr
Well this latest update claims to fix reboot issues, but no indepth description. Reboots can be caused by many different issues, so it is hard to say. It could be an under/over clocking/volting issue if you do that. Could be a battery going bad. Could be a setting, or many other things. TOB will soon be updated to 4.08.605.19, mabey that will fix your issues. You could try this rom in the mean time, and see if you still get the reboots.
cmlusco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Hi again,
Thanks for the response. I edited the build.prop file like was posted in another post. I haven't seen an OTA try to popup since but the phone will not stop rebooting/crashing when I'm listening to mp3's and XMRadio...things like that. I never thought about the battery....it is fully charged and not running out. I don't do anything like over/under volting. Nothing fancy....just was using TOB and liked it. I guess it was just a coincidence that this OTA was causing people trouble at the same time my crash problem started. Is there a way to read a crashdump file?





fewjr
fewjr is offline  
Last edited by fewjr; February 12th, 2013 at 08:58 PM. Reason: more ?'s
Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Well I can use the phone again with the stock rooted ROM but now my root apps won't acquire root access anymore. I'm searching for an answer but no luck yet. Have to get ready for work. I am still unlocked/Soff. Any ideas?

Also, I tried to flash MIUI and it failed....not sure why. Is there a nice guide or book I can read all in one place about how all this Android operating system/development works. You guys are great about helping out and all but I would like to understand it all a bit better instead of asking questions everytime I get stuck. Thanks.

fewjr
fewjr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,569
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 477
Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,340 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fewjr View Post
Well I can use the phone again with the stock rooted ROM but now my root apps won't acquire root access anymore. I'm searching for an answer but no luck yet. Have to get ready for work. I am still unlocked/Soff. Any ideas?

Also, I tried to flash MIUI and it failed....not sure why. Is there a nice guide or book I can read all in one place about how all this Android operating system/development works. You guys are great about helping out and all but I would like to understand it all a bit better instead of asking questions everytime I get stuck. Thanks.

fewjr
Try going into your 'manage applications" screen and clear the data for the superuser app.
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Thanks sdrawcab25,
That didn't help ...still can't use root apps. I'm back to this stock rooted ROM after trying to flash miui. It fails to complete, so I applied my backup.

fewjr
fewjr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
cmlusco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 82
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 60 Times in 41 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] Stock rooted OTA 4.08.605.19 710RD - 02-10-2013

Try reflashing superuser thru recovery http://dinc.does-it.net/Superuser/SuperUser_3.1.1.zip. I am going to have a look at it and see if i see an issue.
cmlusco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
cmlusco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 82
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 60 Times in 41 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] Stock rooted OTA 4.08.605.19 710RD - 02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco View Post
Try reflashing superuser thru recovery http://dinc.does-it.net/Superuser/SuperUser_3.1.1.zip. I am going to have a look at it and see if i see an issue.
Superuser issue fixed. To anyone who already downloaded, wipe cache and dalvik, and then reflash su thru recovery.
fewjr likes this.
cmlusco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2013, 04:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I'm glad you figured that out. I've been playing with other ROM's the last few days. I found one, ( CM9) that worked pretty good except for camera. MIUI wouldn't flash....symlink problems. So I came back to this until your TOB update.

Thanks,
fewjr
fewjr is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 17th, 2013, 05:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
cmlusco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 82
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 60 Times in 41 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] Stock rooted OTA 4.08.605.19 710RD - 02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fewjr View Post
I'm glad you figured that out. I've been playing with other ROM's the last few days. I found one, ( CM9) that worked pretty good except for camera. MIUI wouldn't flash....symlink problems. So I came back to this until your TOB update.

Thanks,
fewjr
TOB has been updated already, v3.0.
cmlusco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2013, 05:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Oh cool.....that's good news I hope. Flashing superuser like you said above didn't work for me. Not sure why.

fewjr
fewjr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - All Things Root > Incredible - ROMs
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.