August 16th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: May 2011
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I kind of worked this out. Not quite proprietry but pretty painless to do. If anyone's interested:
- If you've unlocked it HTCdev's method you'll already have a folder containing adb.exe, fastboot.exe, adbwinapi.dll, and unlock_code.bin.
- Download clockworkmod recovery and add it to the above folder.
- Download your desired mod* and add it to the root of your SD (I think you need to rename it to update.zip but can't remember).
- Reboot into recovery (hold down power+voumedown key when it first turns on) and select fastboot. The fast boot screen will display several options, ignore them and plug in your USB cable.
- In the folder I mentioned earlier from a command prompt run fastboot flash filename (in my case filename was recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-vivo.img)
- this should take you to the clockwork recovery mod screen (might have to reboot before that I can't remember), from there you can select the menu option to apply update from sd card.
* As I understand it you can use this method to apply any ROM eg Cyanogen, MIUI, etc. I just used it to apply the superuser ROM/patch for the standard OS. I don't think it's a full ROM as such, just adds root capabilities to the stock HTC OS. The file's called Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip but I've done that much trawling the web on this subject lately I can't remember where I got it from lol!