Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - Support and Troubleshooting

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Steven58

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 22nd, 2010, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Bypassing Activation Screen with No Service Available

I'm a soldier stationed in Afghanistan and I received an INC in the mail today that I ordered a week ago. Charged the battery, powered it on and discovered that it requires service activation in order to use it. I ordered it to use the WI FI capability here until I reactivate my Verizon service when I get home this fall.

I have read several threads in different forums discussing procedures to bypass the activation screen and I've tried them all. Tapping the corners in a clockwise motion or canceling the (*228) activation call and rebooting 3 times. I even contacted Verison and HTC technical support and they couldn't figure it out either. They think it's because I have no cell phone service here so cancelling the activation call method doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to bypass the activation screen from the ##778 command on the emergency dialer. I have read where it's possible to bypass using the A-KEY command.

anthonyborn is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 22nd, 2010, 04:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 103
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyborn View Post
I'm a soldier stationed in Afghanistan and I received an INC in the mail today that I ordered a week ago. Charged the battery, powered it on and discovered that it requires service activation in order to use it. I ordered it to use the WI FI capability here until I reactivate my Verizon service when I get home this fall.

I have read several threads in different forums discussing procedures to bypass the activation screen and I've tried them all. Tapping the corners in a clockwise motion or canceling the (*228) activation call and rebooting 3 times. I even contacted Verison and HTC technical support and they couldn't figure it out either. They think it's because I have no cell phone service here so cancelling the activation call method doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to bypass the activation screen from the ##778 command on the emergency dialer. I have read where it's possible to bypass using the A-KEY command.
the way i got around it was by dialing *228 and the system just failed to activate. THen once it fails you can continue or skip.
dwd3885 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 05:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default

Tried that.. When it fails it only gives a dismiss option then goes right back to the activation screen.
anthonyborn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 402
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr Maxx(Red #12911) HTC Rezound
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 46 Times in 22 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Berry2Droid
Default

As of right now theres no way to skip it. If you fail activation all you can do is retry. The moto droid was te 4 corner touch thing, this phone has nothing. I work for vzw and checked our tech bulletins in the same place i found ti for the moto droid, and there was nothing there. Sorry sir.
Berry2Droid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 06:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 23
 
Device(s): HTC INC
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 12 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Keep trying activate > end call over and over again. Apparently the activation app crashes or lets you in after a number of failed attempts. I don't recall the specifics but I did just send an exchange incredible back and this worked for me.
darkfiber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 08:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 104
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Yeah I also experienced this. After like an hour of try, I realized that if you keep failing to activate, the phone will actually let you go on. just keep trying
wtfdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wtfdan For This Useful Post:
Bella20 (November 8th, 2012)
Old June 22nd, 2010, 08:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 165
 
Device(s): Waiting for Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 48 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Thank you for your service, sir. I hope you can get into your phone.
nickreich is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nickreich For This Useful Post:
Crashumbc (November 8th, 2011), Divine_Madcat (June 23rd, 2010)
Old June 22nd, 2010, 09:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Go Go Gadget Flow!
 
GrandMasterB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Yewwtah!
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,207
 
Device(s): .:Galaxy S4:.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 1,429
Thanked 605 Times in 381 Posts
Default

Does booting in safe mode help at all? Power off then back on pressing the MENU button when you see the logo appear.

(shot in the dark I know)
__________________
...::Galaxy S4...Yep::...
...:::Revamped By :Your Mom:::...
...::ROM of Choice : Stock TouchWizzers::...
GrandMasterB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 11:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cincybearcatfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,304
 
Device(s): Droid Maxx, iPad Air
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 387
Thanked 1,989 Times in 667 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickreich View Post
Thank you for your service, sir. I hope you can get into your phone.
+1
Cincybearcatfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 11:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,317
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,503
Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincybearcatfan View Post
+1
+2
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 22nd, 2010, 11:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Be nice!
 
Steven58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,288
 
Device(s): AOKP 4.4.2 (Kit Kat)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 8,566
Thanked 26,456 Times in 6,829 Posts
Default

I don't have an answer for you, but I want to say something.

I want to thank you for serving our nation. You are appreciated. You are a true hero. I always move support threads to the support section, but I'm going to make an exception to honor you. Thank you and God bless you.

Oh yeah, enjoy your incredible!
Tyreba likes this.
__________________
==============================


My old signature went here ^^
Steven58 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven58 For This Useful Post:
jhabbinger (January 6th, 2012)
Old June 23rd, 2010, 02:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default

First I would like to say thank you for the tremendous support you show us everyday..You are great Americans!

I finally figured out how to bypass the activation screen when no phone service is available.

1. Select emergency call and dial ##778.
2. Select edit and enter service password 000000.
3. Select NAM Settings.
4. Change Mobile Directory number to 0000000000 (Ten digits).
5. Change MIN1 to 0000000 (Seven digits).
6. Change Mobile Country Code to 000 (Three digits).
7. As you back out "Commit the Change".
8. The phone will auto reboot in 10 seconds.

Worked like a champ!

I wrote down the original numbers so I can restore its configuration when I return to the states.

Thanks again!
anthonyborn is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anthonyborn For This Useful Post:
Curtai (November 17th, 2010), royalchinook (October 11th, 2013), st4yfocus (March 20th, 2012)
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Be nice!
 
Steven58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,288
 
Device(s): AOKP 4.4.2 (Kit Kat)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 8,566
Thanked 26,456 Times in 6,829 Posts
Default

Bump
Steven58 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 67
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Default

I can assure you it can be bypassed. I did it by accident on my phone. Since it was an accident I have no idea what I did back then...
jgigs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2010, 02:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 82
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I bypassed mine on accident too. Didnt have a number yet (thanks Verizon) and when i prompted for my numer twice and i didnt put one in, it ended the call and i had access to the phone.
ilinimud is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 08:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 83
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 31 Times in 11 Posts
Default

dwd3885 is right. I just received a replacement and this is what I did...

1. Attempt to activate, and end call 3-4 seconds into it. On the second attempt, it came up asking if I want to skip this step.
2. Enjoy!
bwthor is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bwthor For This Useful Post:
mikekelso421 (January 27th, 2012)
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:47 AM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

so can you still install apk s to the phone?
Curtai is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I just did it by accident also. I was in the activation circle of hell, clicked to call *228, once the bot answered, I realized I wasn't following the directions above and clicked the back button...and it let me click next/skip until the activation process was over and now I'm at the home screen.
0Jeanine0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 02:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

if all that other stuff dont work, i just called verizon as i have a phone that no longer has a plan, spoke to a nice tech support person named Danielle (i think thats spelled right) and she gave me these steps:
1 turn the phone off then back on to get to the language select screen
2 press volume up, volume down, back, and search one at a time in quick succession
3 viola
i know this works on my lg vortex, but i dont know about any other phones
xgcunexpected is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xgcunexpected For This Useful Post:
googleplus (November 4th, 2011)
Old November 8th, 2011, 03:03 AM   #20 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question hey it's not working on my droid 2 global

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyborn View Post
First I would like to say thank you for the tremendous support you show us everyday..You are great Americans!

I finally figured out how to bypass the activation screen when no phone service is available.

1. Select emergency call and dial ##778.
2. Select edit and enter service password 000000.
3. Select NAM Settings.
4. Change Mobile Directory number to 0000000000 (Ten digits).
5. Change MIN1 to 0000000 (Seven digits).
6. Change Mobile Country Code to 000 (Three digits).
7. As you back out "Commit the Change".
8. The phone will auto reboot in 10 seconds.

Worked like a champ!

I wrote down the original numbers so I can restore its configuration when I return to the states.

Thanks again!
...........................................
hey it's not working on my droid 2 global, when i dial ##778 in emergency call, it just says: "dial fail! only emergency and OTA calls can be dialed!.... ok....
no other option appears like Edit or anything else.
imrandroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 8th, 2011, 06:15 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: B'more
Posts: 1,768
 
Device(s): S4 (VZW) , (old)Galaxy Nexus (LTE), (old)HTC Incredible, (oldest phone)Samsung SCH-i760
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,631
Thanked 787 Times in 482 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imrandroid View Post
...........................................
hey it's not working on my droid 2 global, when i dial ##778 in emergency call, it just says: "dial fail! only emergency and OTA calls can be dialed!.... ok....
no other option appears like Edit or anything else.
You might try the droid 2 forums, every phone is different (unfortunately)
Crashumbc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I tried that. It won't let me change the Mobile Directory Number! I looked in those other threads. Seems like a few other people were having that same problem.

Nothing else works: tapping 4 corners, resetting, dialing *228 & end ~8+ times. Also the Vol up, down stuff. 2 different methods! Nothing. Email sent to HTC. Hopefully they have some answers for me.

Any other ideas in the mean time??
kmcdonal8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2011, 08:15 AM   #23 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Any word?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcdonal8 View Post
I tried that. It won't let me change the Mobile Directory Number! I looked in those other threads. Seems like a few other people were having that same problem.

Nothing else works: tapping 4 corners, resetting, dialing *228 & end ~8+ times. Also the Vol up, down stuff. 2 different methods! Nothing. Email sent to HTC. Hopefully they have some answers for me.

Any other ideas in the mean time??

Have you heard anything back about this issue?? I'm in the same boat. I'm in south Korea and nothing seems to be working
Seoulsister86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Seoulsister86 For This Useful Post:
damonivy (February 19th, 2012)
Old December 16th, 2011, 09:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ending the activation call three times will skip the screen.

Does anybody know how to change the MDN of the HTC Incredible? Going to the NAM via ##778 does not work as mentioned.

Been stuck for days.
dorkdorkdork is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 11:29 AM   #25 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Haven't heard anything new. Talked to HTC. Only advice was to do the "call and end 3 times" to skip activation. Doesn't work if you do not have a signal! I'm in Costa Rica, and it seems like there's service (according to the Verizon map) somewhere north of me. I suppose I'll try taking a bus and heading up until i get a signal.

I'll keep you posted. No other ideas have came to me in other threads either.
kmcdonal8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kmcdonal8 For This Useful Post:
damonivy (February 19th, 2012)
Old December 31st, 2011, 03:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

So still no luck! Have you, or anybody else find a way to fix this? It seems like there HAS to be a way to get my phone to work.

Any help out there??
kmcdonal8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #27 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

I found this on another website and it worked on my Motorola Droid 3... I had to do it multiple times until I got it but yes it did work...

1. On the Welcome screen with the touch the android to begin icon, do the following:

2. Tap the top left corner of the screen then

3. Tap the top right corner of the screen then

4. Tap the bottom right corner of the screen ( just above the grey bar along the bottom with emergency dial and change language in it) then

5. Tap the bottom left corner of the screen ( just above the grey bar along the bottom with emergency dial and change language in it).

6. That’s it, should pop up the home screen shortly, if not retry. Remember not to drag your finger, simple tap top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left.
kevinf5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevinf5 For This Useful Post:
Boglarka (June 8th, 2012), lisabulldogs (February 13th, 2012)
Old January 5th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,539
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 470
Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinf5 View Post
I found this on another website and it worked on my Motorola Droid 3... I had to do it multiple times until I got it but yes it did work...

1. On the Welcome screen with the touch the android to begin icon, do the following:

2. Tap the top left corner of the screen then

3. Tap the top right corner of the screen then

4. Tap the bottom right corner of the screen ( just above the grey bar along the bottom with emergency dial and change language in it) then

5. Tap the bottom left corner of the screen ( just above the grey bar along the bottom with emergency dial and change language in it).

6. That’s it, should pop up the home screen shortly, if not retry. Remember not to drag your finger, simple tap top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left.
That doesn't work on the incredible
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 82
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinf5 View Post
I found this on another website and it worked on my Motorola Droid 3... I had to do it multiple times until I got it but yes it did work...

1. On the Welcome screen with the touch the android to begin icon, do the following:

2. Tap the top left corner of the screen then

3. Tap the top right corner of the screen then

4. Tap the bottom right corner of the screen ( just above the grey bar along the bottom with emergency dial and change language in it) then

5. Tap the bottom left corner of the screen ( just above the grey bar along the bottom with emergency dial and change language in it).

6. That’s it, should pop up the home screen shortly, if not retry. Remember not to drag your finger, simple tap top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left.
this worked on the droid x2 for me
SUPERGALAXYS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 03:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

any updates on how we can bypass the activation?
Kian926 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 1st, 2012, 03:50 PM   #31 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i tried cancelling the call activation multiple times and also tried editing the settings by dialing ##778,theres no way that i can change the MDN settings..

anyone able to bypass the activation?
Kian926 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 04:50 PM   #32 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,539
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 470
Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kian926 View Post
i tried cancelling the call activation multiple times and also tried editing the settings by dialing ##778,theres no way that i can change the MDN settings..

anyone able to bypass the activation?
Try letting the activation fail, don't cancel the call.
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 05:25 PM   #33 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

already tried that..... still no luck;(

any suggestions that worked for you guys?
Kian926 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2012, 05:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

already tried that,............but still no luck;(

any suggestions that worked for you guys?
Kian926 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 05:50 PM   #35 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Same problem - can't skip bypass g1 setup login

I am also trying in vain to skip the setup on a new to me G1. I have an H2O SIM card installed for voice calls and plan to use my home wireless network for data as I had done with a prev G1.

The tapping in the 4 corners does not work. I proceeded and tried to login repeatedly, allowing the login to fail 5x in a row - still NG.

Cannot find a way to access my home network b4 setup. No idea what Android level is installed. Any help appreciated !
ginnyh123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 03:44 AM   #36 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Activation from Afghanistan (outside the US)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyborn View Post
I'm a soldier stationed in Afghanistan and I received an INC in the mail today that I ordered a week ago. Charged the battery, powered it on and discovered that it requires service activation in order to use it. I ordered it to use the WI FI capability here until I reactivate my Verizon service when I get home this fall.

I have read several threads in different forums discussing procedures to bypass the activation screen and I've tried them all. Tapping the corners in a clockwise motion or canceling the (*228) activation call and rebooting 3 times. I even contacted Verison and HTC technical support and they couldn't figure it out either. They think it's because I have no cell phone service here so cancelling the activation call method doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to bypass the activation screen from the ##778 command on the emergency dialer. I have read where it's possible to bypass using the A-KEY command.
I had the exact same problem as I, too, am in Afghanistan. Basically, here's what you need to do to MANUALLY program the phone:

On the dialer, enter ##778, and press 'call' and the 'Edit Mode'.

Put in the password, which is TYPICALLY 6 zeros: 000000

Now for the fun part:

Press 'NAM Settings'

There are 3 things you need to set here:

MDN = your 10 digit phone#

MIN1 = your 7 digit phone#

MIN2 = the area code of your phone#

Press the 'back' key and go to 'HOME SID/Home NID' settings

Press 'Home SID/NID #1', and change the first value to '189' (Leave the 65535 alone).

Now press your 'menu' key to bring up the 'commit modifications' "button". Press that. At this point your phone will reboot, and SHOULD talk to the local network. (You might have to go into Network Settings and change it to 'global', but it should detect the network on its own).

NOW...the problem I had w/my Incredible 2 was I couldn't edit the MDN field. The ONLY field in the whole lot that was not editable.

I'm sure you've read all sorts of posts about 'HTC DIAG' and 'CDMA WORKSHOP'....I actually got the HTC DIAG to work (sets up your phone to act like a modem), but was having a terrible time w/the CDMA WORKSHOP.

I found another program that was MUCH easier to use: cdmaDevTerm
1) it's a zip file so you don't have download yet another program to read the 'rar' file of CDMA Workshop. 2), fairly straight forward. With Workshop, I couldn't figure out how to edit the MDN field. With cdmaDevTerm, it will scan your com ports for you; you don't even have to tell it which one. It was super easy to set the MDN#. You can also use it to set the other fields, or if you're a little timid, you can then edit them from your phone. cdmaDevTerm is free BECAUSE it's a Beta test, so I couldn't find any instructions, but it's pretty intuitive.

I hope this helps you....I was going nuts trying to get my phone back up after I was forced to do a factory reset.

-Karen
expatchic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5
 
Device(s): photon
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default devterm

First, I want to say thank you to all of the troops on here!

Second, I am devTerm author--it was designed to fix all the things that bothered me about cdma workshop when I used workshop on a daily basis, so it should be fairly similar for most basic phone tasks like this.

As you stated there is not alot(read:any?) of documentation for cdmaDevTerm, so if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

CdmaDevTerm can be found at cdmaworkshoptool - A utility that parses cdma worksop items: NV Item reads(to remove plain text) and bin dumps(to find SPC/MSL) and converts MEID/ESN from Hex to Dec AND Other CDMA Tools like cdmaDevTerm - Google Project Hosting or chromableedstudios

As for bypassing the activation screen it seems there are many different models discussed on this thread, but the general idea for many of the '*228 provisioning based' activation screens is if a phone has not yet had the NAM programmed it will try to activate the phone.

If memory serves the way this generally happens is when the phone boots, it compares the MIN to the expected 'unprovisioned' MIN which is generated from the MEID(but I supposed it could be based on any number of NV ITEM fields).

edit: You should note too, that your MIN is not always the same as your phone number. It is best to get both the MDN and the MIN directly from your service provider.
¿kernelpanic? is offline  
Last edited by ¿kernelpanic?; May 2nd, 2012 at 09:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #38 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I found the trick that worked on my Samsung galaxy s.
On the language screen:
Volume up 1 time, down 2 times, up 3 times & down 4 times.
roberth300 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #39 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyborn View Post
First I would like to say thank you for the tremendous support you show us everyday..You are great Americans!

I finally figured out how to bypass the activation screen when no phone service is available.

1. Select emergency call and dial ##778.
2. Select edit and enter service password 000000.
3. Select NAM Settings.
4. Change Mobile Directory number to 0000000000 (Ten digits).
5. Change MIN1 to 0000000 (Seven digits).
6. Change Mobile Country Code to 000 (Three digits).
7. As you back out "Commit the Change".
8. The phone will auto reboot in 10 seconds.

Worked like a champ!

I wrote down the original numbers so I can restore its configuration when I return to the states.

Thanks again!
Hi, this did not work for me because there may be a change in the new software. I did a factory reset and am in Budapest. I now can't get past the activation screen and the step above won't let me change the MDN. Anyone have any success in getting around this issue on newer D Inc software??
alohabudi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #40 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,539
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 470
Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohabudi View Post
Hi, this did not work for me because there may be a change in the new software. I did a factory reset and am in Budapest. I now can't get past the activation screen and the step above won't let me change the MDN. Anyone have any success in getting around this issue on newer D Inc software??
Let the activation fail 3 times and it will skip it.
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 20th, 2013, 12:11 AM   #41 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatchic View Post
I had the exact same problem as I, too, am in Afghanistan. Basically, here's what you need to do to MANUALLY program the phone:

On the dialer, enter ##778, and press 'call' and the 'Edit Mode'.

Put in the password, which is TYPICALLY 6 zeros: 000000

Now for the fun part:

Press 'NAM Settings'

There are 3 things you need to set here:

MDN = your 10 digit phone#

MIN1 = your 7 digit phone#

MIN2 = the area code of your phone#

Press the 'back' key and go to 'HOME SID/Home NID' settings

Press 'Home SID/NID #1', and change the first value to '189' (Leave the 65535 alone).

Now press your 'menu' key to bring up the 'commit modifications' "button". Press that. At this point your phone will reboot, and SHOULD talk to the local network. (You might have to go into Network Settings and change it to 'global', but it should detect the network on its own).

NOW...the problem I had w/my Incredible 2 was I couldn't edit the MDN field. The ONLY field in the whole lot that was not editable.

I'm sure you've read all sorts of posts about 'HTC DIAG' and 'CDMA WORKSHOP'....I actually got the HTC DIAG to work (sets up your phone to act like a modem), but was having a terrible time w/the CDMA WORKSHOP.

I found another program that was MUCH easier to use: cdmaDevTerm
1) it's a zip file so you don't have download yet another program to read the 'rar' file of CDMA Workshop. 2), fairly straight forward. With Workshop, I couldn't figure out how to edit the MDN field. With cdmaDevTerm, it will scan your com ports for you; you don't even have to tell it which one. It was super easy to set the MDN#. You can also use it to set the other fields, or if you're a little timid, you can then edit them from your phone. cdmaDevTerm is free BECAUSE it's a Beta test, so I couldn't find any instructions, but it's pretty intuitive.

I hope this helps you....I was going nuts trying to get my phone back up after I was forced to do a factory reset.

-Karen
Thank you very much Karen.. I'm dying not to see my HTC Inc. working.. Your such a big help.. Thanks!!!!

From Philippines.
barz1986 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #42 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default How to change the MDN# when droid incredible won't let you

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatchic View Post
I had the exact same problem as I, too, am in Afghanistan. Basically, here's what you need to do to MANUALLY program the phone:

On the dialer, enter ##778, and press 'call' and the 'Edit Mode'.

Put in the password, which is TYPICALLY 6 zeros: 000000

Now for the fun part:

Press 'NAM Settings'

There are 3 things you need to set here:

MDN = your 10 digit phone#

MIN1 = your 7 digit phone#

MIN2 = the area code of your phone#

Press the 'back' key and go to 'HOME SID/Home NID' settings

Press 'Home SID/NID #1', and change the first value to '189' (Leave the 65535 alone).

Now press your 'menu' key to bring up the 'commit modifications' "button". Press that. At this point your phone will reboot, and SHOULD talk to the local network. (You might have to go into Network Settings and change it to 'global', but it should detect the network on its own).

NOW...the problem I had w/my Incredible 2 was I couldn't edit the MDN field. The ONLY field in the whole lot that was not editable.

I'm sure you've read all sorts of posts about 'HTC DIAG' and 'CDMA WORKSHOP'....I actually got the HTC DIAG to work (sets up your phone to act like a modem), but was having a terrible time w/the CDMA WORKSHOP.

I found another program that was MUCH easier to use: cdmaDevTerm
1) it's a zip file so you don't have download yet another program to read the 'rar' file of CDMA Workshop. 2), fairly straight forward. With Workshop, I couldn't figure out how to edit the MDN field. With cdmaDevTerm, it will scan your com ports for you; you don't even have to tell it which one. It was super easy to set the MDN#. You can also use it to set the other fields, or if you're a little timid, you can then edit them from your phone. cdmaDevTerm is free BECAUSE it's a Beta test, so I couldn't find any instructions, but it's pretty intuitive.

I hope this helps you....I was going nuts trying to get my phone back up after I was forced to do a factory reset.

-Karen
I had a Droid Incredible in Kenya which I hard reset and none of the many other techniques to bypass the setup worked. But this did!

Karen is right the way to change the MDN# when Droid Incredible (for me inc. 1 not 2) won't let you is to use cdmadevterm. It is not too difficult. Google it and download free. Click on cdma term application, click unzip it, click cdma term again with the green square to run the program. When the interface comes up plug your droid into your computer and select internet (usb might work too). On the top left of the interface click scan ports, then select the droid in the window above that, press connect. In the right hand of the interface select read MDN your MDN number should appear, change it to all zeros (ten digits), click the W next to the MDN#, if you have also done all the steps here via anthonyborn (I also changed the Home SID/NID#1 setting to 189 as suggested above) :

1. Select emergency call and dial ##778.
2. Select edit and enter service password 000000.
3. Select NAM Settings.
4. Change Mobile Directory number to 0000000000 (Ten digits).
5. Change MIN1 to 0000000 (Seven digits).
6. Change Mobile Country Code to 000 (Three digits).
7. As you back out "Commit the Change".
8. The phone will auto reboot in 10 seconds.

Then turn off your phone and turn it back on. This time when passing the language selection you should be home free.
SigmondDroid is offline  
Last edited by SigmondDroid; June 25th, 2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Left out a step
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - Support and Troubleshooting
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.