Originally Posted by Rmattar23
so today i was getting in my car and as i was closing the door my phone fell out of my pocket and the door shut on it. The Outside screen is fine but the cracks r in the inside and my screen doesnt work anymore.
what should i do??
1) take it to a repair store. (how much will it cost?)
2) downgrade to my old phone (do i have to pay to do this and is it easy to cancel the data plan that i had on my broken phone?)
3) can i get some type of replacement or discounted price on the same phone but i dont have insurance
whats the best thing to do for someone who doesnt have phone insurance?
1) DO NOT take it to the store. They will say buy a new phone. I called HTC, for me it was a shattered digitizer. Which cost me $120 (plus shipping to their facility). Not a bad deal.
2) If you decide to do this, pick up the phone, turn it on, dial *228 and follow the instructions. Thats all you need to do to switch phones
3) You won't be able to prove that it wasn't your fault, sometimes the VZW guys will 'allow' you to pull the wool over their eyes and will help you out. But not with straight up physical damage to the phone
Choose wisely (but i say go with 1)
The number to HTC is 866-449-8358. They don't actually do the repairs, a 3rd party company affiliated with HTC repairs ALL CDMA phones, PCD is their name. Don't have the number for them, but HTC will forward you over to them.
I had a nightmare do to some laziness (from what i drew from the problem) but they were some of the most polite customer service reps I've ever dealt with. After the issue was finally resolved the VP of Cust Serv from HTC personally called me to make sure everything was ok.