Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - Support and Troubleshooting

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 57
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default How do I get more app data storage?

I thought the droid incredible was supposed to have 8gb or space for tons of apps at first because I only plan on filling my phone up with apps. Then I see that it only has like 700 for apps and 150 for the data. Then I bought a 16gb sd card and its useless! I still only have 700mb for apps and 150 for data. I move all my apps to sd card but my app data still fills up. How do I get more of that? My app data is now 32mb availiable which is really low. What is using my app data and is it possible to increase it to like 1gb?

Advertisements
romeodakins is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 23rd, 2012, 12:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
today's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: spanaway washington
Posts: 554
 
Device(s): HTC One M8 and SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 10.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 130
Thanked 93 Times in 74 Posts
Default

Are you running gingerbread? Are you rooted? Have you ever done a factory reset?
today is offline  
Last edited by today; May 23rd, 2012 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Wasn't done
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to today For This Useful Post:
romeodakins (May 23rd, 2012)
Old May 23rd, 2012, 03:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 57
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by today View Post
Are you running gingerbread? Are you rooted? Have you ever done a factory reset?
Idk i think my android is 2.3.4 thats what it says. And I don't wanna root because I don't wanna mess up or void any warranty/returns. And no I have not done factory reset and I don't really want to because I have to redownload a bunch of apps and start over all of my games.

And my app data storage is now at 25mb, what is taking up all of my app data storage?
romeodakins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 05:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,569
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 477
Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,340 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeodakins View Post
Idk i think my android is 2.3.4 thats what it says. And I don't wanna root because I don't wanna mess up or void any warranty/returns. And no I have not done factory reset and I don't really want to because I have to redownload a bunch of apps and start over all of my games.

And my app data storage is now at 25mb, what is taking up all of my app data storage?
This post explains it best:
"Low on space" phone/application storage notification
There is useful information scattered throughout the thread too.

The only actual permanent fix is to do this:
[How To] Root 2.3.4/downgrade and Get S-off

Then apply the fix:
http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/446753-fix-low-space-sense-roms-force-closes-aosp-roms.html

Your phones should be out of warranty by now (it's only a year) unless you pay for the extended.
Also all traces of root access are removable:
http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/181255-how-return-stock-gingerbread.html
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sdrawkcab25 For This Useful Post:
romeodakins (May 23rd, 2012)
Old May 23rd, 2012, 01:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 57
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrawkcab25 View Post
This post explains it best:
"Low on space" phone/application storage notification
There is useful information scattered throughout the thread too.

The only actual permanent fix is to do this:
[How To] Root 2.3.4/downgrade and Get S-off

Then apply the fix:
http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/446753-fix-low-space-sense-roms-force-closes-aosp-roms.html

Your phones should be out of warranty by now (it's only a year) unless you pay for the extended.
Also all traces of root access are removable:
http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/181255-how-return-stock-gingerbread.html
But is there still a chance of bricking? I bought the phone on amazon for used and it's not on contract. The first thread helped me the most, how do I clear cache and stuff?
romeodakins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 02:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 57
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok I downloaded cache cleaner and cleaned everything and only gained 18mbs back so now i have 35mbs. I only had ky phone for about 5 days how come my data is filling up so fast?
romeodakins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 03:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,569
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 477
Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,340 Posts
Default

Very slim chance of bricking... don't think we've had one here since I've been here since launch.

You also need to clear data... you want to go to your manage apps section and sort your apps by size and clear data for the largest.
Facebook and any apps that stream data are the usual offenders.
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 57
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks!!!!! Turns out one of my apps took 36mb data. I have a question though if i clear data on an app, does it delete all my highscores and levels and stuff?
romeodakins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,569
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 477
Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,340 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeodakins View Post
Thanks!!!!! Turns out one of my apps took 36mb data. I have a question though if i clear data on an app, does it delete all my highscores and levels and stuff?

Yeah, it erases everything. So the app appears the same as when you first installed it. Some apps do backup your data to the cloud or to the SD card though. But restoring the data would just put you back to square one... so you really only want to clear data for apps, such as Facebook, Netflix, email apps etc where the data doesn't really matter.
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - Support and Troubleshooting
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.