Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - Support and Troubleshooting

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 28th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 160
 
Device(s): Samsung Note 3 LG Optimus, HTC Indredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Question Text Message HOTFIX - by Verizon for HTC Incredible

Verizon just gave me a hotfix for an issue I have not seen reported here.

Two days ago, I received no text messages in the morning, which is very odd considering I get over 200 a day. I sent a text message to my wife and BOOM! suddenly I received over 30 texts. Just assumed Verizon was having issues so I did nothing as texts resumed normally.

Today, same thing. Chatted with Verizon and after meaningless troubleshooting (look for dust under the battery? Seriously?) they transferred me to backline support.

Backline support immediately told me there is an undetermined issue with the HTC Incredible and HTC has supplied a hotfix for those users calling in with texting issues. Verizon was still unsure what causes the issue, but were confident the hotifx would solve it. Sent me to a third party website, downloaded the hotfix, and all appeared normal, although texts are lagging a bit.

ANYONE have any similar issue? This seems very odd considering the age of the phone and the lack of any updates lately. And as a side note, I have NOT installed the latest update to the Inc that is being released in the last few weeks.

Help??

Advertisements
Crosley123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 28th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

can you post a link?
jimmyw013 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,568
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 477
Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,340 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosley123 View Post
Verizon just gave me a hotfix for an issue I have not seen reported here.

Two days ago, I received no text messages in the morning, which is very odd considering I get over 200 a day. I sent a text message to my wife and BOOM! suddenly I received over 30 texts. Just assumed Verizon was having issues so I did nothing as texts resumed normally.

Today, same thing. Chatted with Verizon and after meaningless troubleshooting (look for dust under the battery? Seriously?) they transferred me to backline support.

Backline support immediately told me there is an undetermined issue with the HTC Incredible and HTC has supplied a hotfix for those users calling in with texting issues. Verizon was still unsure what causes the issue, but were confident the hotifx would solve it. Sent me to a third party website, downloaded the hotfix, and all appeared normal, although texts are lagging a bit.

ANYONE have any similar issue? This seems very odd considering the age of the phone and the lack of any updates lately. And as a side note, I have NOT installed the latest update to the Inc that is being released in the last few weeks.

Help??
that hotfix was sent out a while back also, i'll see if i can locate a link to it.

edit: here's the link: http://dl3.htc.com/misc/inc8049.apk
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Last edited by sdrawkcab25; June 28th, 2012 at 07:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

mucho graces
jimmyw013 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

[HOTFIX] Text / Voicemail - Droid Incredible - RootzWiki

i think this is the one he's talking about
jimmyw013 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

so my question, after I installed it, my INC screen really gets hot fast, within seconds, but the back doesn't get hot as fast as I can tell
jimmyw013 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,568
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 477
Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,340 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyw013 View Post
[HOTFIX] Text / Voicemail - Droid Incredible - RootzWiki

i think this is the one he's talking about
yep, that's the same one i linked to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyw013 View Post
so my question, after I installed it, my INC screen really gets hot fast, within seconds, but the back doesn't get hot as fast as I can tell

try rebooting the phone and see what happens, i've never had to install it. So i'm not sure of the side effects; if any.
sdrawkcab25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 25
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I rebooted it, and actually threw it in the freezer to cool it down, and now its just warm, not amazing skin burning hot, just warm, and well I'm hoping it stays cool.


So I have it on the charger, wifi off, screen brightness at 0%, mobile turned off, and just sending and getting text messages and that's is all I'm doing, and it is still pretty cool, a little warm, but I doubt this is a full fix but a small one that helps in normal day to day usage.

just got off the phone with a family member and the darm thing didn't want to burn my beard off, so I think its a better fix than I think, but I will say I like the fact it isn't burning off my hands. Even after extended use of 10 mins or more.
jimmyw013 is offline  
Last edited by jimmyw013; June 28th, 2012 at 08:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2012, 10:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 160
 
Device(s): Samsung Note 3 LG Optimus, HTC Indredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Update to my post: I've had the HOTFIX for several days now and I cannot tell any difference! My original complaint was I no longer received voicemails or text messages. However, if I send a text message to someone, then the text messages suddenly appear!

Post hotfix, no difference. Any suggestions anyone? Is this a Verizon thing? Seems like an odd HTC problem.
Crosley123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 160
 
Device(s): Samsung Note 3 LG Optimus, HTC Indredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Bump?
Crosley123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 13th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have the same exact issue... all of a sudden, I stopped receiving text messages. I can send them out ok, but not receive. This is about 4 days now. I finally contacted VZN and went through a series of tests, updates, etc.. nothing. After going to Level 2 technical support, the rep on the end indicated that it seems to be a network related issue on THEIR end. The rep said the fix should take 3-5 days.

Glad I found this thread though.. I will try the hotfix.
KnucklesNilan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quick update: The hotfix posted here worked and I received all of my text messages last night.. they came in droves, one after another...
KnucklesNilan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - Support and Troubleshooting
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.