Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - Support and Troubleshooting

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: clovis, ca
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Notsure Phone wont turn on or charge!

Yesterday i left my phone charging for about 20 minutes and when i came back it wont turn on and the battery charge light wont either. My HTC Incredible 2 is rooted. The only thing that i did before i plugged it in to charge, was that i plugged in my phone to my computer in disk drive mode, I took all the files on the sd card and put them into a new folder which i left named new folder. then i copied windows 7 installation files on the sd card which i used to replace my OS on my computer. when that was done "succesfully" i eraced the windows 7 install files off the sd card and took the files for the android and put them all back the way they were originally. Yes i know that might have been my first mistake but i didnt have a usb drive or actual install disk. I downloaded the windows 7 installation and needed to reinstall my operating system on my computer immediately. MY phone was working fine after this whole process up until i plugged it in to charge. Can anybody help me out? And yes i tried my wife's battery from her same exact phone as mine and nothing, them i tried my battery in her phone and it worked. I also tried to hard reset and nothing. HELP?

Advertisements
paponando is offline  
Last edited by paponando; September 3rd, 2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: want in support
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 3rd, 2012, 04:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: clovis, ca
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paponando View Post
Yesterday i left my phone charging for about 20 minutes and when i came back it wont turn on and the battery charge light wont either. My HTC Incredible 2 is rooted. The only thing that i did before i plugged it in to charge, was that i plugged in my phone to my computer in disk drive mode, I took all the files on the sd card and put them into a new folder which i left named new folder. then i copied windows 7 installation files on the sd card which i used to replace my OS on my computer. when that was done "succesfully" i eraced the windows 7 install files off the sd card and took the files for the android and put them all back the way they were originally. Yes i know that might have been my first mistake but i didnt have a usb drive or actual install disk. I downloaded the windows 7 installation and needed to reinstall my operating system on my computer immediately. MY phone was working fine after this whole process up until i plugged it in to charge. Can anybody help me out? And yes i tried my wife's battery from her same exact phone as mine and nothing, them i tried my battery in her phone and it worked. I also tried to hard reset and nothing. HELP?
Anybody? Or am i on my own? or better yet am i not being patient enough? (would you?)
paponando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,572
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 477
Thanked 1,983 Times in 1,341 Posts
Default

It doesn't turn on at all? Vibrate? Anything?
sdrawkcab25 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: clovis, ca
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I sit around for about ten minutes pressing the power button on/off and sometimes i think i feel it vibrate just a little, I might just be tripping thou.
But other than that zip,zilch, nada.
paponando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,572
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 477
Thanked 1,983 Times in 1,341 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paponando View Post
I sit around for about ten minutes pressing the power button on/off and sometimes i think i feel it vibrate just a little, I might just be tripping thou.
But other than that zip,zilch, nada.
Hmmmm, well being as you swapped batteries around and still nothing... It sounds dead. I've never heard of a phone completely dieing like that though. Maybe leave it without a battery for a day and see what happens.
sdrawkcab25 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: clovis, ca
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'll give it a try. Thanks.
paponando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: clovis, ca
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrawkcab25 View Post
Hmmmm, well being as you swapped batteries around and still nothing... It sounds dead. I've never heard of a phone completely dieing like that though. Maybe leave it without a battery for a day and see what happens.
Thanks for that suggestion, but i think it's time to start with the funeral procession's.
paponando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PA
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,572
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Rooted HTC Incredible, Stock 4G Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (32GB)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 477
Thanked 1,983 Times in 1,341 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paponando View Post
Thanks for that suggestion, but i think it's time to start with the funeral procession's.
Wow, still surprised the phone just died like that... what happens if you hold the volume down button and power button at the same time? Have you tried starting without the sd card? Probably won't change anything but worth a shot.
sdrawkcab25 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: clovis, ca
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrawkcab25 View Post
Wow, still surprised the phone just died like that... what happens if you hold the volume down button and power button at the same time? Have you tried starting without the sd card? Probably won't change anything but worth a shot.
Nothing, and now that you mention it i remember unmounting the sd card before i sthut it off, and then i put it to charge. But i remember seeing the charge light come on before i set it down. when i came back nothing. Thanks anyway, on to the next victim. (phone)
paponando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My phone died wouldnt hold a charge wouldnt start i switched it from a wall charger to a usb cord n my computer all night....nothing. I restarted my computer while my phone was charging on it and BAM its charging now I hope this helped!!
Dirtdiva530 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 27th, 2013, 11:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cry Possible Fix

Hello! I found this thread browsing for help with my HTC Incredible, I was at a relatives house and he had a charger, plugged it in, charged fine and was using it, but in the car while driving home it died. I plugged it in when I got home and I left it, came back a few hours later expecting it to be fully charged but it wasn't and it wouldn't even turn on? I started panicking and tried everything. Unplugging and replugging it back in, and switching outlets. Also taking the battery out and putting it back in and switching to another outlet which I was 100% positive worked. But it wouldn't charge or turn on? The fix was I just plugged the USB into my computer and it worked like a charm. Its charging right now and works fine. I still need to test and see if it will still charge now in an outlet. But this is my advice! Good luck!

EDIT: Found my issue, (This is probably not the case for most) but I use a large 3 outlet extension cable to charge and it seems as if it has died. I plugged the standalone adapter into the wall and it charged fine but it wouldn't charge with the extension cord. Sorry if this isn't much help, but try all the things I did (Including plugging it into your computer) but if it doesn't work, try and find a friend that has the same adaptable charger as you and try using that. If it doesn't work your phone is most likely dead...;(
Madbot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 10:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

most of the time it is battery issue, so you may send it to repair center, and test with a new battery.
johnwon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
htc, icredible 2, verizon


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - Support and Troubleshooting
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.