Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - Support and Troubleshooting

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 11th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
longdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rutledge, TN
Posts: 173
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default MMS wont download

This is getting ridiculous this is my 2nd replacement incredible 1st one started having these problems when someone sends me a pic message it gets stuck at downloading but never does come thru i've did some searches on this forum and im not the only one experiencing this and to beat it all its people with HTC phones like the eris,hero,and incredible so i dont think its a network problem its htc problem im geting so pissed off because mms messages is something i get daily and i cant download them i went thru hard resets, *228 option 1 and 2 nothing helps so if anyone knows a fix for this please help or this pos is going back i never had these problems with my droid glad i didnt sell it yet but i really like everything about this phone except this and i really want to keep it if this gets fixed

__________________

longdaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 11th, 2010, 12:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Your 3G is on correct?
__________________
All the Thanks!, go to Him <))><
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
longdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rutledge, TN
Posts: 173
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Yeah its on i double checked all my settings
longdaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 12:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Hmm I have not read a ton of posts with this issue....the ones I did read were people who didn't have their 3G on. My MMS works 100%. When you were at the veriz store did you try to replicate the issue? Have an employee, or friend send you an MMS and show them it is not working? I'm guessing your reception is fine in your location?
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
longdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rutledge, TN
Posts: 173
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I bought it online so i haven't been to the store with it the first 1 i called customer service and i stumped that tech woman she couldnt figure it out she would send mms from her personal cell and they wouldnt download and she had me do a hard reset and battery pulls and *228's all that so she just sent me a brand new one and now after having it for a week or so its doing the same exact thing and i have great reception here wifi is off mobile network is on always
longdaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
esn
Senior Member
 
esn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 556
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 7"
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 47 Times in 31 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to esn
Default

When the Eris was released there was a issue with certian phones and carriers mms not working but the update fixed it. Is it always from the same carrier or different? I get mms from Verizon fine haven't gotton any from other carriers yet.
esn is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
amarryat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 365
 
Device(s): Incredible 1 & 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 42 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Are you using the stock Messages app? Or are you trying to retrieve MMS with Handcent or Chomp? I had trouble with those two and could never see the pic.
amarryat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 12:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
longdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rutledge, TN
Posts: 173
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esn View Post
When the Eris was released there was a issue with certian phones and carriers mms not working but the update fixed it. Is it always from the same carrier or different? I get mms from Verizon fine haven't gotton any from other carriers yet.
All my friends and family has verizon havent had anyone from a different carrier send me a mms

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarryat View Post
Are you using the stock Messages app? Or are you trying to retrieve MMS with Handcent or Chomp? I had trouble with those two and could never see the pic.
Im using handcent but the problem does the same with the stock app as well both stuck on downloading and plus when i goto the stock app and goto the message that says downloading the app does a like a boot loop and goes back to the screen where it shows whos texted and how many its weird
longdaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 125
 
Device(s): Incredible, Droid, Devour
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

When someone sends my Incredible an MMS, I see the notification. I click the notification (which says something about failed download) and it just disappears and doesnt take me anywhere and there is not even any indication as to who it was from.

But then I just to to the Messaging app and the new mms is there. This has happened on every mms I've received, which isn't many and all from Droid or Incredible users.

This is with the stock messaging app.
Humpa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
longdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rutledge, TN
Posts: 173
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpa View Post
When someone sends my Incredible an MMS, I see the notification. I click the notification (which says something about failed download) and it just disappears and doesnt take me anywhere and there is not even any indication as to who it was from.

But then I just to to the Messaging app and the new mms is there. This has happened on every mms I've received, which isn't many and all from Droid or Incredible users.

This is with the stock messaging app.
This same thing happened to my 1st incredible it use to pop up more error messages then a infected windows pc like when i tried sending a mms it would tell me error generic network or something like that then when i received one it said message failed unknown error
longdaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 11th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

I think you have stumped us too

Any update?
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 02:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
longdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rutledge, TN
Posts: 173
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdan View Post
I think you have stumped us too

Any update?
Lol nope still doing it. Im used to stumping people on this thread and verizon tech because i always have the strangest problems with phones
longdaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 04:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
longdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rutledge, TN
Posts: 173
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

It's getting worse i got a another mms it came in anonymous and said wedsday dec 31th 1969 lmao this phone is f@$cking ******ed omg i've never had this much trouble with a damn phone and the stock message app is now useless i touch to open the thread the mms came from and it just boot loops back to where i was if this dont quit before my 30 days bye bye incredible ******ed phone... sorry to if i offended anyone im just really really frustrated with this phone right now
longdaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Dang that sucks. Sometimes it just doesn't work out, you have an unpleasant experience (to say the least), and it keeps you from thinking about another product by the same manufacturer....maybe it wasn't meant to be with you + Inc/android I don't know what else to say
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 04:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

When I recieve a picture i get an error and it won't auto download on its own. It says error downloading message, then I have to open up messages and click download.. Anyone have a fix?
thisiisnick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 04:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
longdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rutledge, TN
Posts: 173
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdan View Post
Dang that sucks. Sometimes it just doesn't work out, you have an unpleasant experience (to say the least), and it keeps you from thinking about another product by the same manufacturer....maybe it wasn't meant to be with you + Inc/android I don't know what else to say
It's not android i never had any of these problems with my moto droid and yes it will impact my view of htc if it has to go back i will never own another htc phone im hoping to come up with why this is happening because i want to keep it because its fast and i love everything else about it like it take decent pictures better then the droid small things like that maybe it has something to with sense maybe im a vanilla android type of guy haha idk
longdaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 04:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 125
 
Device(s): Incredible, Droid, Devour
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

I assumed everyone got that error and then had to go into Messaging to see the MMS.

Also, the Dec 31 1969 date bug is not as bad as it seems. a date equal to "0" is equivalent to midnight on Dec 31, 1969. That is when time as we know it (or as our pc's know it) began.
Humpa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 05:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
longdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rutledge, TN
Posts: 173
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Well i got to thinking it might be some apps causing some conflicts and i went thru my apps and just uninstalled some that dont get used regularly then had my friend to send me some mms they came thru i hit download and boom they showed up we tested this about 3 messages so i go to forward one of them out to my friends and it said failed to send retrying or something like that if it aint one thing its another i never had problems sending with this phone i did with the 1st one thou so idk im gonna do a factory reset again and only install apps that i use everyday which isnt very many and see how it goes from there i will report back wish me luck hope this works out for the best
longdaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdaddy View Post
Well i got to thinking it might be some apps causing some conflicts and i went thru my apps and just uninstalled some that dont get used regularly then had my friend to send me some mms they came thru i hit download and boom they showed up we tested this about 3 messages so i go to forward one of them out to my friends and it said failed to send retrying or something like that if it aint one thing its another i never had problems sending with this phone i did with the 1st one thou so idk im gonna do a factory reset again and only install apps that i use everyday which isnt very many and see how it goes from there i will report back wish me luck hope this works out for the best
That is one heck of a sentence ^

I do wish you much luck. Since you seemed rather knowledgeable I didn't mention app issues....that would have been my first thing I would have addressed to start canceling out factors. Try MMS with NO 3rd party apps installed....then one by one install and try a MMS. I can't think of a better way at the moment
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2010, 05:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
longdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rutledge, TN
Posts: 173
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdan View Post
That is one heck of a sentence ^

I do wish you much luck. Since you seemed rather knowledgeable I didn't mention app issues....that would have been my first thing I would have addressed to start canceling out factors. Try MMS with NO 3rd party apps installed....then one by one install and try a MMS. I can't think of a better way at the moment
Thanks that is exactly what I plan to do in progress as we speak.. hehe
longdaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 12th, 2010, 08:07 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
longdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rutledge, TN
Posts: 173
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default Update

Well after doing the hard reset it seemed to helped, so far so good. I had to turn off MMS delivery reports and auto retrieve, and for all the ones I received they came thru fine after hitting download. I got those tips from the droid eris thread so if anyone is having problems with this turn those 2 settings off and if it still don't help do a factory reset then turn them off. I just hope this don't happen anymore. I'm convinced now it was a app that I had installed that caused these problems, but which app it was I have no clue. also another tip to pass along that I got from another thread is clear the cache from the message app.


P.S. was gonna post this last night but this forum stays down more then up nowadays it seems
longdaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 08:09 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 279
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Default

I had this problem last night and searched on here for a while and came up with nothing other than a full phone reset. So I tried enabling air plane mode then disabling it... and it worked. MMS download fine now, I am pretty sure it was an app I downloaded that messed with something and enabling then disabling air plane mode "cleared" it. Either way, simple fix.
jayno20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2010, 08:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
longdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rutledge, TN
Posts: 173
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Wish I had thought about that little trick. I will remember to try that if it happens anymore.
longdaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 10:00 AM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mach1man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: woods of VA
Posts: 805
 
Device(s): Note 3 & Gear for the Big RED company
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 62 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Having the exact same issue as the original poster. I was on the phone with tech support, we did a factory reset so there was no apps on the phone. They sent a test mms and i got this com.Android.mms force stop. They said bad phone and are sending me a new one. If the new one messes up then I'm back to the MOTO Droid, never had a problem with it. Also has anyone not received the full mms, like if its 12 slides long but you only get 2 slides.
mach1man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 11:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
longdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rutledge, TN
Posts: 173
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1man View Post
Having the exact same issue as the original poster. I was on the phone with tech support, we did a factory reset so there was no apps on the phone. They sent a test mms and i got this com.Android.mms force stop. They said bad phone and are sending me a new one. If the new one messes up then I'm back to the MOTO Droid, never had a problem with it. Also has anyone not received the full mms, like if its 12 slides long but you only get 2 slides.
I feel your pain man searching this forum about this problem makes it seem its a very known problem with htc android devices. My moto droid never had these problems either. I haven't had the slides problem yet knock on wood. I wish you the best on your replacement, also try these tips with the next turn off mms delivery reports and auto download.
longdaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mach1man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: woods of VA
Posts: 805
 
Device(s): Note 3 & Gear for the Big RED company
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 62 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdaddy View Post
I feel your pain man searching this forum about this problem makes it seem its a very known problem with htc android devices. My moto droid never had these problems either. I haven't had the slides problem yet knock on wood. I wish you the best on your replacement, also try these tips with the next turn off mms delivery reports and auto download.
I have delivery reports off haven't tried auto download. I had the slide issue till I did the factory reset. Are you still using the incredible or did u switch back to the Droid.
mach1man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
longdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rutledge, TN
Posts: 173
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1man View Post
I have delivery reports off haven't tried auto download. I had the slide issue till I did the factory reset. Are you still using the incredible or did u switch back to the Droid.
I'm still using the incredible after I did the factory reset and turned off mms delivery reports and auto download and watch what apps I downloaded all seems to be working fine so far. I got those 2 tips from the droid eris thread and so far they work well for me. I have my moto droid on hand and ready just in case
longdaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:40 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: B'more
Posts: 1,768
 
Device(s): S4 (VZW) , (old)Galaxy Nexus (LTE), (old)HTC Incredible, (oldest phone)Samsung SCH-i760
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,631
Thanked 787 Times in 482 Posts
Default

I was getting an Error for awhile with "chompSMS" it would download though, turned out it was both Chomp and the default app trying to download at the same time.

I turned off downloading in Chomp (left the default app on) and now it works fine...
Crashumbc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 39
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdaddy View Post
It's not android i never had any of these problems with my moto droid and yes it will impact my view of htc if it has to go back i will never own another htc phone im hoping to come up with why this is happening because i want to keep it because its fast and i love everything else about it like it take decent pictures better then the droid small things like that maybe it has something to with sense maybe im a vanilla android type of guy haha idk

false, it use to happen to me with my G1 on tmo 3G...i would get an MMS using stock messaging system and it would never notify me #1 and #2 it would take forever to download and sometimes i would have to look at the thread and manually push the download button, even then it would sometimes get stuck

now lets talk about my DINC. i use handscent SMS and my friend who sends me pix from his iphone, it is hit and miss i sometimes dont get his pictures but most of the time i do. I do get the same failed to download message but then i go into the thread and push the download icon and it seems to work

android OS needs to be updated to have MMS work with all carriers and all formats of which ever phone, whether it be an iPhone screen capture my friend is sending me or a generic old school dumb phone sending me a crappy low res pic, it should work EVERY TIME. basic function of phone should work ammirite?

EDIT: HA, as i was typing this I got an MMS from my brother and the error notification is in my bar but the picture showed up afterwards in handscent
l FiGGiE l is offline  
Last edited by l FiGGiE l; May 14th, 2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Edit
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mach1man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: woods of VA
Posts: 805
 
Device(s): Note 3 & Gear for the Big RED company
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 62 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdaddy View Post
I'm still using the incredible after I did the factory reset and turned off mms delivery reports and auto download and watch what apps I downloaded all seems to be working fine so far. I got those 2 tips from the droid eris thread and so far they work well for me. I have my moto droid on hand and ready just in case
Well I'll try the auto retrieve off but I just feel like that's dumming down the smart phone. If the replacement phone does the same then I might be back to the MOTO Droid.
mach1man is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mach1man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: woods of VA
Posts: 805
 
Device(s): Note 3 & Gear for the Big RED company
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 62 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Does anyone know what is the biggest mms we can receive. I get a lot of the comedy mms that have like 5 to 12 pics in them and it seems like this phone can't download them all. My friends Samsung moment can.
mach1man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
longdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rutledge, TN
Posts: 173
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by l FiGGiE l View Post
false, it use to happen to me with my G1 on tmo 3G...i would get an MMS using stock messaging system and it would never notify me #1 and #2 it would take forever to download and sometimes i would have to look at the thread and manually push the download button, even then it would sometimes get stuck

now lets talk about my DINC. i use handscent SMS and my friend who sends me pix from his iphone, it is hit and miss i sometimes dont get his pictures but most of the time i do. I do get the same failed to download message but then i go into the thread and push the download icon and it seems to work

android OS needs to be updated to have MMS work with all carriers and all formats of which ever phone, whether it be an iPhone screen capture my friend is sending me or a generic old school dumb phone sending me a crappy low res pic, it should work EVERY TIME. basic function of phone should work ammirite?

EDIT: HA, as i was typing this I got an MMS frommy brother and the error notification is in my bar but the picture showed up afterwards in handscent
Let's not forget who makes the t-mobile g1. HTC.
longdaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
longdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rutledge, TN
Posts: 173
 
Device(s): Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1man View Post
Well I'll try the auto retrieve off but I just feel like that's dumming down the smart phone. If the replacement phone does the same then I might be back to the MOTO Droid.
I do agree with you here. It shouldn't be this way, but its not a big deal for me.
longdaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:06 AM   #34 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: tucson
Posts: 1
 
Device(s): DINC 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdaddy View Post
This is getting ridiculous this is my 2nd replacement incredible 1st one started having these problems when someone sends me a pic message it gets stuck at downloading but never does come thru i've did some searches on this forum and im not the only one experiencing this and to beat it all its people with HTC phones like the eris,hero,and incredible so i dont think its a network problem its htc problem im geting so pissed off because mms messages is something i get daily and i cant download them i went thru hard resets, *228 option 1 and 2 nothing helps so if anyone knows a fix for this please help or this pos is going back i never had these problems with my droid glad i didnt sell it yet but i really like everything about this phone except this and i really want to keep it if this gets fixed
I have fixed this. on 2 DINC 2s. Seems to be a Verizon issue.
1. Make sure you can access 'my Verizon' via wireless.
2. Do the dreaded 'factory data reset'.
It's worked for me. I think it is an undetected OTH programming error.
buzzy1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - Support and Troubleshooting
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.