Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - Tips and Tricks

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 30th, 2010, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default RUU For Windows & 64bit.... It works! Here's how...

OK I tried for an hour to make it work, and I kept getting usb error 170.... I found the fix and it was simple.... When the RUU loads it loads BOOTLOADER driver, when the phone restarts it's self (to the white load screen) the phone driver is switched from the "my HTC" driver to the new BOOTLOADER driver. It doesn't like that... and errors. then you open device manger, and right click on bootloader and choose update driver software. then choose brows my computer..... now click on the bottom link, "let me pick from the device list, If i remember right there was 2 options (something) and HTC. Click the htc and choose the "my HTC driver. Restart the RUU. 10 Mins later you are done. I have done it twice. Good Luck!

kmcrane is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kmcrane For This Useful Post:
Tonyj58 (August 31st, 2010)
sponsored links
Old August 30th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Vaseline Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 278
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 68
Thanked 50 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcrane View Post
OK I tried for an hour to make it work, and I kept getting usb error 170.... I found the fix and it was simple.... When the RUU loads it loads BOOTLOADER driver, when the phone restarts it's self (to the white load screen) the phone driver is switched from the "my HTC" driver to the new BOOTLOADER driver. It doesn't like that... and errors. then you open device manger, and right click on bootloader and choose update driver software. then choose brows my computer..... now click on the bottom link, "let me pick from the device list, If i remember right there was 2 options (something) and HTC. Click the htc and choose the "my HTC driver. Restart the RUU. 10 Mins later you are done. I have done it twice. Good Luck!
WtF why would you do it twice?
__________________
Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.
Vaseline Smith is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 10:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

2 phones, and i wanted to test my theory, so i did one on my laptop and one on my desktop! I wasn't confident to post the info here on the first whim.
kmcrane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 10:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 455
 
Device(s): Nexus 7 / Galaxy S3 (Verizon)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts
Default

The instructions at:

RUU error 170 & 171 solution for Windows 7

Worked flawless for me. Windows 7 x64. Very happy!
craighwk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 01:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ACD168's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,885
 
Device(s): Droid Incredible by HTC
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 79
Thanked 162 Times in 114 Posts
Default

One day I'm sure I'll need to unroot and go back to s-on and ill need the RUU to work on my windows 7 64 bit and I know I get the error so I'll give this a try when the time comes.
ACD168 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 09:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 164
 
Device(s): DINC / Thunderbolt / Bionic / Razr
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

All I'm going to say is I'm using Windows 7 64bit. WOWWW WTCCCXHHXCCXHXCHJCXHJFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!

I was following the instructions over and over last night. I was trying it till almost 3am. Plugging it in, unplugging it. Installing, removing, reinstalling. CCleaner/VZmanager/HTC SYNC (.40)... it errored atleast 10 times.

I wake up just now to go to work, turn the shower on and figure, what the hell, let me try it again. I turn the computer on, uninstall HTC SYNC, reinstall it, plug my phone in, open RUU, and IT WORKEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!

Unreal. I hate computers. I'M ON 2.2 BABAY!!

Thanks for your help people. (to those who helped last night!)

...now off to work
vnyislesv is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 09:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ACD168's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,885
 
Device(s): Droid Incredible by HTC
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 79
Thanked 162 Times in 114 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnyislesv View Post
All I'm going to say is I'm using Windows 7 64bit. WOWWW WTCCCXHHXCCXHXCHJCXHJFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!

I was following the instructions over and over last night. I was trying it till almost 3am. Plugging it in, unplugging it. Installing, removing, reinstalling. CCleaner/VZmanager/HTC SYNC (.40)... it errored atleast 10 times.

I wake up just now to go to work, turn the shower on and figure, what the hell, let me try it again. I turn the computer on, uninstall HTC SYNC, reinstall it, plug my phone in, open RUU, and IT WORKEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!

Unreal. I hate computers. I'M ON 2.2 BABAY!!

Thanks for your help people. (to those who helped last night!)

...now off to work

Damn no shit man, I'm S-OFF so I haven't needed to do the RUU but if I ever need to send the phone back I will, and I know I get the error. I will remember this down the road to try in case I get to the point of no return. thanks bro.
ACD168 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 02:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 164
 
Device(s): DINC / Thunderbolt / Bionic / Razr
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACD168 View Post
Damn no shit man, I'm S-OFF so I haven't needed to do the RUU but if I ever need to send the phone back I will, and I know I get the error. I will remember this down the road to try in case I get to the point of no return. thanks bro.
Yeah, its frustrating as hell but the end is worth it.

1 thing I did screw up was saving a bunch of numbers. I got about 75% through the Facebook sync but theres a bunch of numbers I lost from chicks at the bar! LMAO.
vnyislesv is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - Tips and Tricks
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.