Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - Tips and Tricks

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

View Poll Results: Should we also collect "Battery Use" Information?
Yes 111 88.10%
No 15 11.90%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:33 AM   #101 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 245
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 28 Times in 14 Posts
Default

OEM, Seido rated capacities are mostly lies.

FlyPenFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:34 AM   #102 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 358
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 48
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Im in the smae boat as you. I want a new battery but want the best bang for the buck. THe TP2 oems can be had for under $20 where the Seido's are $40-$50
cdodge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #103 (permalink)
Member
 
greenrolaids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 484
 
Device(s): InCredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 79 Times in 44 Posts
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyPenFly View Post
OEM, Seido rated capacities are mostly lies.
There is only one report that you are quoting from, and that was not the most scientific test i have ever seen.

Keep the "lies" bullsh1t to yourself, or until these claims have been backed up by someone more reputable.
__________________
Phonage = PPC6600, HTC ppc6700, HTC ppc6800, HTC PPC6900, Iphone 3g, Google G1, Blackberry Storm, HTC INCREDIBLE, Returned DroidX back to Incredible NOW THUNDERBOLTED Sold Thunderbolt, Now back to the incredible, Bought a Droid Charge to hold me off until the S3 comes out. Sold DRoid shittyCharge and bought a Razr Maxx to keep my Unlimited Data plan that verizon will kill off the summer of 2012.
greenrolaids is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greenrolaids For This Useful Post:
fliptwister (May 26th, 2010), GrandMasterB (May 26th, 2010)
Old May 5th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #104 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
zemerick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 572
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible ( Retired ) Samsung Galaxy S3 ( VZW )
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 130 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdan View Post
Thanks for doing all this arich57 SEIDO 1750 is red text...black is OEM

Up Time: 11h 45m / 21h 18m
Awake Time: 3h 35m / 11h 39m
Unplugged Time: 11h 45m / 21h 18m
Batteries @ 14% BOTH
3G: On 75% / Off
WIFI: Off / On and off a lot
GPS: On 6m 21s / Off
Bluetooth: BOTH OFF
Always on mobile data: BOTH OFF

SYNC: When I want to... just mail 4-5 times a day
I also text quite a bit wonder why it doesn't show.

SEIDO:
Android system: 23% - 12m 31s cpu total
Cell Standby: 21% - 11h 33m 1% w/o signal
Phone Idle: 16% - 8h 46m
Maps: 14% - 3m 6s cpu total. GPS 6m 21s
Voicecalls: 11% - 34m 42s
Display: 7% - 2h 46m
RoboDefense: 5% - 1h 21m
Dialer: 3% - 48s cpu total



OEM Battery:
Android system: 29% - 11m 30s cpu total
Cell Standby: 24% - 7h 44m
Phone Idle: 13% - 5h 14m
Voice Calls: 9% - 20m 8s
Display: 9% - 2h 30m
RoboDefense: 7% - 1h 20m
Maps: 6% - 3m 30s
Wifi: 3% - 51m 11s


Hope all this helps have no idea what it all means I do feel like the SEIDO is giving me better life on the Inc....it really did boost my Eris battery life, but who knows I won't really know until I play with the batteries some more. I hope this OEM info is correct I had my better half write down this info!!
I think you have the seidio and OEM backwards for the top part. Your usage says everything was used for more time on the Seidio ( IE: Android 12m 31s CPU time on Seidio, and 11m 30s on OEM )

I do find it odd that you got triple the usage with one vs the other, though theres only a 15% difference in capacity. It would be awesome if you could post more on both batteries so we can try and get a better feel for things...and try to keep the exact same settings between the 2 to cut down on the variables.

PS: You can leave GPS on GPS does not use power unless an app actually tries asks for GPS data.
zemerick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #105 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 245
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 28 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrolaids View Post
There is only one report that you are quoting from, and that was not the most scientific test i have ever seen.

Keep the "lies" bullsh1t to yourself, or until these claims have been backed up by someone more reputable.
Seido doesn't have extra special LION technology over HTC. In fact, they probably use the same suppliers at one part of their chains.
FlyPenFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #106 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jbdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: atl ga usa
Posts: 7,121
 
Device(s): SGS3 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8,662
Thanked 4,166 Times in 2,830 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemerick View Post
I think you have the seidio and OEM backwards for the top part. Your usage says everything was used for more time on the Seidio ( IE: Android 12m 31s CPU time on Seidio, and 11m 30s on OEM )

I do find it odd that you got triple the usage with one vs the other, though theres only a 15% difference in capacity. It would be awesome if you could post more on both batteries so we can try and get a better feel for things...and try to keep the exact same settings between the 2 to cut down on the variables.

PS: You can leave GPS on GPS does not use power unless an app actually tries asks for GPS data.
I might have....my fiancee took some of these figures down I will re-do it again starting tomorrow sorry about any mix-ups and again thx to those who are spending time getting all of this together. Thx for the tip on GPS as well.
__________________
All the Thanks!, go to Him <))><
jbdan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #107 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 88
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfox16 View Post
wow... mine is as follows

battery 54% left
7hrs 57 mins since unplugged
up time 10hrs 11 mins
awake time 1 hr 50mins

cell stand by 38%
phone idle 28%
android sys 20%
display 6%
voice calls 4%
maps 4%

wifi off, gps, off, always on data thing off, sync is on for 1 gmail account and weather every 3 hours i think, no live wallpaper,

and this was after hardly using the phone, i sent maybe 25 texts and was on a 10 minute call, looked at a 1 minute youtube video and googled lyrics, i know i still have half of a battery left...

but i have to say, my battery just seems to drop even if i dont do anything with the phone, i guess im just used to my iPhone 3GS that seemed to last forever, id surf the net all day / text and still have 30% or more from being used (8am-midnight/1am)
Thanks.

Your data is right on with others. Around 22 hours of battery.
arich57 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:06 PM   #108 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ChiTownJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,380
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note II Galaxy Nexus HTC Thunderbolt Nexus 7
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 144
Thanked 289 Times in 222 Posts
Default

I think connecting to WiFi is HUGEEE and letting the phone charger for an extra hour or so after it reaches 100%

I have had my phone on my Up Time 1:09:30 Awake time 0:13:00and I'm sitting at 99% battery life... I think whenever you can be attached to WiFi DO IT , I feel like it uses practiclly no battery life. In this 1 hr I've made 3 phone calls totalling maybe 5 minutes checked email and sent 2 emails (maybe 2 minutes of use)

When I connect to WiFi I also click mobile off
ChiTownJim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:39 PM   #109 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
762x51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 45
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible, Rooted, Virtuous ROM
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 47
Thanked 28 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyPenFly View Post
Seido doesn't have extra special LION technology over HTC. In fact, they probably use the same suppliers at one part of their chains.
HTC used a 1300mah capacity battery in the Incredible and a 1500 in the Eris......why wouldn't it be possible for a company to make a 1750mah battery in the same form factor?

I don't have a Seidio 1750, but it seems all of the bad words said about it all stem from ONE unscientific comparison using the wrong equipment.....the BatteryBoss review. In contrast, there are countless good reviews on websites, storefronts, and forums such as this one across the web.
762x51 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 762x51 For This Useful Post:
dibs ODDJOB (May 5th, 2010), GrandMasterB (May 26th, 2010)
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:02 PM   #110 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 205
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 24 Times in 15 Posts
Default

I've seen the same 2 or 3 people constantly spout the same anti-Seidio propaganda in this forum for weeks now. It's really annoying because they have ZERO proof for their claims. This one test they refer to was a joke if you actually read it...comparing new OEM to used Seidio...yeah, that's scientific. Meanwhile every single person who has swapped to the 1750 has claimed dramatic battery life increases. Is there anyone on this forum who has the tools to measure the claimed capacity of a Seidio battery so we can put an end to this already? I read these threads hoping to learn something and every one of them turns into the same thing.
Topshelf is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Topshelf For This Useful Post:
GrandMasterB (May 26th, 2010)
sponsored links
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #111 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 48
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

If I could even manage an extra 1 hour from the Seidio it's worth it. I'm reading much longer times than that so hey 2 hrs, 3 hrs, 4-6 hours? etc it's the difference between charging it in the early evening and charging it at bedtime which I would love to do I'm all for it. I ordered the Seidio without hesitation after reading all the reports.
Incredibleguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #112 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 548
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts
Default

can someone tell us if the TP2 battery definitely fits without the back cover having a gap or anything?
crackers8199 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:11 PM   #113 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Novaglarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bloomington, IL
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 16 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Novaglarion Send a message via MSN to Novaglarion Send a message via Yahoo to Novaglarion
Blush

I moved from a TP2, with an already conditioned battery to the DI. I'll try this out when i get home and let you know how it goes.

I knew the Eris battery worked, didn't know the TP2 was the same and I never thought to compare them!
Novaglarion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #114 (permalink)
Member
 
Eloquence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 139
 
Device(s): Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 37
Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackers8199 View Post
can someone tell us if the TP2 battery definitely fits without the back cover having a gap or anything?
It DEFINITELY FITS. No alteration necessary. Just ask my friend czm2000, he's got one and he'll tell you about it.

I am going to post my results in a week or so after I get the OEM HTC TP2 1500 mAh Battery vs. the Seidio 1750mAh which I own and have been using for the past week in the Incredible.

See some of my posts in other threads for my uptime, usage stats and all that good stuff.

Hope that helps!

-Elo
Eloquence is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:21 PM   #115 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackers8199 View Post
can someone tell us if the TP2 battery definitely fits without the back cover having a gap or anything?
Confirmed, I did the swap from my old TP2. It's not the exact same size, but the back fits without a bulge. You'll notice it snaps on a bit harder, however.
jimmypop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:22 PM   #116 (permalink)
Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 42
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 762x51 View Post
HTC used a 1300mah capacity battery in the Incredible and a 1500 in the Eris......why wouldn't it be possible for a company to make a 1750mah battery in the same form factor?

I don't have a Seidio 1750, but it seems all of the bad words said about it all stem from ONE unscientific comparison using the wrong equipment.....the BatteryBoss review. In contrast, there are countless good reviews on websites, storefronts, and forums such as this one across the web.
I won't waste time debating what a review said when folks are posting 1st hand experiences in this and other forums. All I know is that after 3-4 charging cycles, my (OEM 1300mah) battery would get down to about 30-40% by this time of day. This is my first day using the Seido (1750 mah) battery and with same usage as other days, battery power is at 61%.
atnbirdie is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atnbirdie For This Useful Post:
762x51 (May 5th, 2010), GrandMasterB (May 26th, 2010), jasoraso (May 6th, 2010), jj3699 (May 29th, 2010)
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #117 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 78
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Okay just ran the test today. Here are my results.

UpTime: 5:38

AwakeTime: 3:47

UnPlugged time: 5:38

Battery %: 8%

Wifi: Off

GPS: Off

Bluetooth: Off

Always on Mobile data: Off

Sync: Google, weather


Optional: Include application use under "Battery Use"


Application 1: Android System 58%

Application 2: Cell Standby 17%

Application 3: display 17%

Application 4: phone idle 6%

Application 5: internet 2%
Opivyattack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:01 PM   #118 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

sorry for long post, wanted to provide all the data... i didn't completely follow the procedures, but wanted to post because i noticed something dreadfully wrong with my uptime and awake time... apparently something is keeping my phone awake almost all the time... my best guess is ebuddy, but would it cause it to be awake almost all the time? anyway, here's my data after having it on for a bit over 3 days with charges in between, last charge ending at 5:30am this morning (right now at 11% at 1:29pm)... i also have some other information from juiceplotter below...

some quick background... i got the phone on 4/29... recharged it everyday, so about 7 times... it was never completely dead (always red though), but always recharged to 100%... different things running in background before, but today was mainly ebuddy, juiceplotter, astrid, handcent sms, and newsrob

UpTime: 75:37:31
AwakeTime: 54:42:18
UnPlugged time: 08:06:13
Battery %:
Wifi: Mostly Off (more explained below)
GPS: Always Off
Bluetooth: Always Off
Always on Mobile data: Always On
Sync:
Background data: checked
Auto-sync: checked
Backup Assistant: off
Facebook for HTC Sense: off
Google (email 1): on
Google (email 2): on

Battery Use:
Android System: 30%
Cell Standby: 27%
Phone Idle: 20%
Display: 9%
Camera: 8%
Handcent SMS: 2%
Internet: 2%
Wi-Fi: 2%

from juiceplotter, i will try to post a screenshot later, but installed it last night to see where my power was going (yes, i know this will cause power drain too, but i needed to see what else is a problem)... here's some text based information from the plot:

02:49am: hits 100%
05:15am: still 100% (unplugged phone)
- at this time, wi-fi is on since i'm at home
- quick check on e-mail, no important messages
- go get ready for day
05:24am: 95%!!!
- i think i did a quick check of sports scores
- turn off wi-fi
- check phone when leaving apartment:
07:02am: 87%
- wait for trolley (surf web)
- send a few texts
07:21am: 81% (catch trolley)
- surf web on trolley (no vids or sound)
07:40am: 73% (arrive at destination approx.)
- walk to class (not using phone)
- sit at class (browsed two more sites)
- send a few texts
08:00am: 69% class starts (phone not in use)
08:47am: 69% leave class (yay! no decrease)
- walk to second class
09:00am: 63% second class starts
- don't remember exactly when i did it, but i take about six photos of notes
- send a few texts in class
09:50am: 55% leave class
- break between classes
- sent only a few texts, no surfing
11:00am: 45% third class starts
- send a few texts again
11:50am: 42% class ends
- walk to trolley and wait for trolley
- send a few texts
- check out scores for baseball game
12:02am: 32% trolley arrives
- send texts
- checked scores once
12:25am: 22% arrive at destination
- walk to work
- send a few texts
12:36am: 20%
- sit at desk to check a few things
01:29pm: 11% (start on this post)
- screen on a lot to frequently check data
01:54pm: 8% (end post)
alanchu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:06 PM   #119 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 73
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 74 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to rainierez
Default

I'm close to giving up on this thing. I have turned all the sync options to once a day or off in most cases. I have tried with WIFI on with it off. shit even in airline mode i only got about 18 hours till it was dead and all I used it for that whole day was a clock. Never played a game or anything else.

I am running the battery graph and will update later once it is closer to dead.
rainierez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:26 PM   #120 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Novaglarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bloomington, IL
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 16 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Novaglarion Send a message via MSN to Novaglarion Send a message via Yahoo to Novaglarion
Default

Well, it fits... If a bit snuggly. The TP2 battery is about 1-2mm thicker than the DI one. The back snapped on, tightly, and I don't see any bulging. The battery seems to add a good bit of weight to the phone too, might just be me though.

When i was examining the two batteries I saw that the TP2 is a lithium-ion and the DI one is a lithium-ion polymer. I'm no battery expert so if someone can chime in on the differences between the two that would be appreciated.

I'm charging it up right now and then am going out with friends for some margaritas for Cinco de Mayo. I'll check back in as soon as i can on how well it survived the night, depends on how i survive the night...
Novaglarion is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #121 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
zemerick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 572
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible ( Retired ) Samsung Galaxy S3 ( VZW )
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 130 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanchu View Post
sorry for long post, wanted to provide all the data... i didn't completely follow the procedures, but wanted to post because i noticed something dreadfully wrong with my uptime and awake time... apparently something is keeping my phone awake almost all the time... my best guess is ebuddy, but would it cause it to be awake almost all the time? anyway, here's my data after having it on for a bit over 3 days with charges in between, last charge ending at 5:30am this morning (right now at 11% at 1:29pm)... i also have some other information from juiceplotter below...

some quick background... i got the phone on 4/29... recharged it everyday, so about 7 times... it was never completely dead (always red though), but always recharged to 100%... different things running in background before, but today was mainly ebuddy, juiceplotter, astrid, handcent sms, and newsrob...
Unfortunately, about the only real way to figure out which exactly is the culprit, you will probably need to uninstall ( or atleast stop them from loading/start/running ) ONE BY ONE. ( Checking process run-times or battery usage won't help, as all of the other processes see the phone is still awake, so they ALL run. The one forcing the phone to stay awake, could be using little power/process time by itself, the battery drain coming from the fact that everything is running almost all the time. )

If you kill them all, you won't learn which one it is, ( and by extension help everyone else that might have that app.) so you really need to do it the next part 1 app at a time:

Pick an app, and look through the menu inside the app for some kind of setting to not launch automatically/close it/etc.( If you can't find anything, after you turn the phone back on, just go into the running services and force shut it down. When you recheck the phone about 30 mins later, make sure it didnt start itself back up some time. )

Shut down the phone, and start it back up. Verify under running services that that app is NOT running, then let your phone sleep for about 30 mins. ( Making sure to note both up time and awake time. ) After about 30 mins, wake the phone and check the Up Time vs. Awake Time. Eventually your awake time should pretty much stop going up. ( Using the button on the top of the phone to sleep the phone, should have it go to sleep in a matter of seconds. )
zemerick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:50 PM   #122 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 245
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 28 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrolaids View Post
There is only one report that you are quoting from, and that was not the most scientific test i have ever seen.

Keep the "lies" bullsh1t to yourself, or until these claims have been backed up by someone more reputable.
Where's your proof? If you want to make a counter claim, watch your language and do your own tests with quantitative data.
FlyPenFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:50 PM   #123 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 245
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 28 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novaglarion View Post
Well, it fits... If a bit snuggly. The TP2 battery is about 1-2mm thicker than the DI one. The back snapped on, tightly, and I don't see any bulging. The battery seems to add a good bit of weight to the phone too, might just be me though.

When i was examining the two batteries I saw that the TP2 is a lithium-ion and the DI one is a lithium-ion polymer. I'm no battery expert so if someone can chime in on the differences between the two that would be appreciated.

I'm charging it up right now and then am going out with friends for some margaritas for Cinco de Mayo. I'll check back in as soon as i can on how well it survived the night, depends on how i survive the night...
LI Polymer is the latest tech and Apple uses it. It takes a bit longer to charge but it has much more service life than typical LION.
FlyPenFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:51 PM   #124 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 245
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 28 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 762x51 View Post
HTC used a 1300mah capacity battery in the Incredible and a 1500 in the Eris......why wouldn't it be possible for a company to make a 1750mah battery in the same form factor?

I don't have a Seidio 1750, but it seems all of the bad words said about it all stem from ONE unscientific comparison using the wrong equipment.....the BatteryBoss review. In contrast, there are countless good reviews on websites, storefronts, and forums such as this one across the web.
Are they the same battery technology, exact exact same size, cell layout, and weight?

There's more than one kind of LION. Battery capacity is the easiest thing to lie about and most difficult to disclaim.
FlyPenFly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:55 PM   #125 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemerick View Post
Unfortunately, about the only real way to figure out which exactly is the culprit, you will probably need to uninstall ( or atleast stop them from loading/start/running ) ONE BY ONE. ( Checking process run-times or battery usage won't help, as all of the other processes see the phone is still awake, so they ALL run. The one forcing the phone to stay awake, could be using little power/process time by itself, the battery drain coming from the fact that everything is running almost all the time. )

If you kill them all, you won't learn which one it is, ( and by extension help everyone else that might have that app.) so you really need to do it the next part 1 app at a time:

Pick an app, and look through the menu inside the app for some kind of setting to not launch automatically/close it/etc.( If you can't find anything, after you turn the phone back on, just go into the running services and force shut it down. When you recheck the phone about 30 mins later, make sure it didnt start itself back up some time. )

Shut down the phone, and start it back up. Verify under running services that that app is NOT running, then let your phone sleep for about 30 mins. ( Making sure to note both up time and awake time. ) After about 30 mins, wake the phone and check the Up Time vs. Awake Time. Eventually your awake time should pretty much stop going up. ( Using the button on the top of the phone to sleep the phone, should have it go to sleep in a matter of seconds. )
that's my next step... i was hoping to find something with juiceplotter, but no go... btw, my phone just died so 8% to dead lasted about an hour with NO use (i didnt use it at all other than pressing 'power on' to see if it's dead about 5 times).

on another note, one thing that i've been concerned with is how hot the phone runs... i can understand making an hour long call that it gets warm, but it's getting warm after 10-15 min of web-surfing... there's data on temp on juiceplotter, but phone dead now so i'll post later...
alanchu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:17 PM   #126 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
zemerick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 572
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible ( Retired ) Samsung Galaxy S3 ( VZW )
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 130 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanchu View Post
that's my next step... i was hoping to find something with juiceplotter, but no go... btw, my phone just died so 8% to dead lasted about an hour with NO use (i didnt use it at all other than pressing 'power on' to see if it's dead about 5 times).

on another note, one thing that i've been concerned with is how hot the phone runs... i can understand making an hour long call that it gets warm, but it's getting warm after 10-15 min of web-surfing... there's data on temp on juiceplotter, but phone dead now so i'll post later...
It's normal for it to die right around the 8 percent mark. The percentage isn't until the phone will turn off, but actually the capacity left in the battery. However, Lithium Ion batteries must not go below ( I believe ) 3.5 volts or you can not re-charge them ( Well, there are ways to do it...but your charger will not work....so as far as you or I are considered, it's not possible. ) So, when the battery gets to a certain voltage, a bit higher than 3.5v ( I believe for the stock it is 3.55v ) the phone will turn itself off to stop the battery from draining.

As for getting warm, that is fairly normal when the battery is being drained ( or charged ) fast. If you went through a significant chunk of the batteries life during that 10-15 min it is normal to be warm. It's hard to say how much it would take in a certain time period to warm it up though.

Now, if it ever gets "hot", IE: It doesn't feel nice anymore, but instead start hurt a bit...then you might have a problem. Possibly a short...obviously bad for the phone, possibly catastrophic for the battery. If you've seen any of the vids of laptop batteries shooting out fire...that's from a short (and several failed safety measures that are supposed to be built into all batteries, but you get the idea.)
zemerick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:20 PM   #127 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ChiTownJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,380
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note II Galaxy Nexus HTC Thunderbolt Nexus 7
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 144
Thanked 289 Times in 222 Posts
Default

Just downloaded battery graph gonna graph my phone over the weekend. Hopefully my good expierence with battery life in a good format of whats going on can help some others .
ChiTownJim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:33 PM   #128 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 120
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanchu View Post
that's my next step... i was hoping to find something with juiceplotter, but no go... btw, my phone just died so 8% to dead lasted about an hour with NO use (i didnt use it at all other than pressing 'power on' to see if it's dead about 5 times).

on another note, one thing that i've been concerned with is how hot the phone runs... i can understand making an hour long call that it gets warm, but it's getting warm after 10-15 min of web-surfing... there's data on temp on juiceplotter, but phone dead now so i'll post later...
Try going to Settings - Applications - Manage Applications. Find Calendar and select. Scroll down and select Force Close. I'd bet $5 this will fix your awake time issue.
johnperkins21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #129 (permalink)
Member
 
rabernet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 253
 
Device(s): Samsung GN2, previously, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 74
Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnperkins21 View Post
Try going to Settings - Applications - Manage Applications. Find Calendar and select. Scroll down and select Force Close. I'd bet $5 this will fix your awake time issue.

My Force Stop is greyed out - what does that mean? Or how do I activate it?
rabernet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #130 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnperkins21 View Post
Try going to Settings - Applications - Manage Applications. Find Calendar and select. Scroll down and select Force Close. I'd bet $5 this will fix your awake time issue.
johnperkins21: i shall use that app as my first test case after my phone recharges... as for force closing it, are you referring to calendar, calendar storage, or the htc calendar widget? or all three? i would like to point out that i do have the htc calendar widget running on one of my home screens
alanchu is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 5th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #131 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 120
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
My Force Stop is greyed out - what does that mean? Or how do I activate it?
I'm guessing it's because it's not running. Are you sure it's Calendar and not one of the other Calendar applications?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanchu View Post
johnperkins21: i shall use that app as my first test case after my phone recharges... as for force closing it, are you referring to calendar, calendar storage, or the htc calendar widget? or all three? i would like to point out that i do have the htc calendar widget running on one of my home screens
Just plain Calendar. It will come back to life if you go to the widget and continue to let your phone sleep, at least for a while. Yesterday, the first time I did it, my phone was able to sleep for about 40 minutes. The second time I force stopped the calendar, everything ran perfect until this afternoon when my battery finally died and I had to start over.
johnperkins21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 06:08 PM   #132 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemerick View Post
It's normal for it to die right around the 8 percent mark. The percentage isn't until the phone will turn off, but actually the capacity left in the battery. However, Lithium Ion batteries must not go below ( I believe ) 3.5 volts or you can not re-charge them ( Well, there are ways to do it...but your charger will not work....so as far as you or I are considered, it's not possible. ) So, when the battery gets to a certain voltage, a bit higher than 3.5v ( I believe for the stock it is 3.55v ) the phone will turn itself off to stop the battery from draining.

As for getting warm, that is fairly normal when the battery is being drained ( or charged ) fast. If you went through a significant chunk of the batteries life during that 10-15 min it is normal to be warm. It's hard to say how much it would take in a certain time period to warm it up though.

Now, if it ever gets "hot", IE: It doesn't feel nice anymore, but instead start hurt a bit...then you might have a problem. Possibly a short...obviously bad for the phone, possibly catastrophic for the battery. If you've seen any of the vids of laptop batteries shooting out fire...that's from a short (and several failed safety measures that are supposed to be built into all batteries, but you get the idea.)
yeah, i only mention the end because i've seen comments on other treads that the last 15% lasted them a long while..

my phone seems to be constantly warm... more some times than others... of course, if some app is killing my battery cuz it keeps running, that would explain that...

anyway, i'll be trying some stuff out tonight to hopefully find a culprit...
alanchu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #133 (permalink)
novacane (OFWGKTA)
 
woop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The land of palm trees, sunny skies, and sandy beaches
Posts: 5,053
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 776
Thanked 1,547 Times in 770 Posts
Default

In for reviews.
woop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #134 (permalink)
Member
 
rabernet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 253
 
Device(s): Samsung GN2, previously, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 74
Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnperkins21 View Post
I'm guessing it's because it's not running. Are you sure it's Calendar and not one of the other Calendar applications?
Yep - it's the right Calendar. I just clicked on it to activate it and went back to the Application Manager and now the Force stop is available. Thanks! Enjoying the forums and learning new things every day!
rabernet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #135 (permalink)
Member
 
michaelkahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 364
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus LTE, VZW Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 37
Thanked 95 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Uptime 11:38:33
Awake 3:03:42
Battery 8%
Wifi off
GPS off
Bluetooth off
Mobile Data Always on
Accounts 4
michaelkahl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 07:37 PM   #136 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fort Worth Texas
Posts: 8
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I think the reason people continue to talk about this is that there has been exactly one attempt measure these claims of greater capacity, in exactly the same form factor battery scientifically. You can argue with his scientific method all you want but he is using inexpensive equipment and trying to provide the best info he can with that equipment. I also find it interesting that the oem "name brand" batteries always seem to be close to the rated capacity using his testing methodology, when the others aren't.

Doesn't it seem logical that if a Hong Kong manufacturer could so easily fit 1750 milliamps into the same space as 1300 that the Taiwanese company who builds millions of these phones could too? It would also seem to be in their best interest to do so, to stop this type of complaint before it begins...

Myself being somewhat of a cynic, and having seen knock offs of every conceivable product from gucci handbags to rolex watches coming out of Hong Kong, i have no problem believing that they would lie to sell more batteries.

The only "proof" I have seen of their capacity being higher is anecdotal, from people who have purchased them. Myself I am using aTP2 battery, but of course I have spent the last few days doing every battery life tweak I could find before changing batteries, which, Im sure skews the results greatly in the favor of the new battery.
So if you want to believe that the Seido battery somehow crams more milliamps into the same space, more power to you, but until I see another scientific, psuedo or not, study, i will believe the only one out there now...

Sorry about the typos,I am new to swype...
eelmot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:06 PM   #137 (permalink)
Member
 
CheezWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 236
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 64 Times in 32 Posts
Default

I just purchased and HTC TP2 battery and the Seidio one. I will run some in-phone comparisons and see what I get. I just need to find some benchmark apps to run repeatedly..
__________________
Cheez\/\/iz
---------------
I Host my Forum images easily with DropBox!
https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTEwOTAwMDI5
CheezWiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:41 PM   #138 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
fortesquieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,079
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung DROID Charge, Samsung Fascinate (retired), Droid I
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 72
Thanked 145 Times in 99 Posts
Default

UpTime: 05:01:00
AwakeTime: 04:07:00
UnPlugged time: 05:01:00
Battery %: 19%
Wifi: Off
GPS: Off
Bluetooth: Off
Always on Mobile data: On
Sync: 2 accounts auto-syncing.



Unplugged time:
Android System: 40%
Cell Standby: 25%
Display: 17%
Phone Idle: 14%
Mediaserver: 2%
Voicecalls: 2%


Please help.
fortesquieu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 09:58 PM   #139 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 118
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I would like to point out something that some maybe missing...

If you load 20 apps and leave them running you can kiss your battery life goodbye. This is more of a mini laptop than a phone. So for example your laptop may run for 4-6-8 hours using word, but try watching a movie or play a game and see how long it lasts. This phone is the same way.

Try out "advanced task killer free" allow it to conservatively kill apps when you lock the device and I suspect you will see some battery life improvements. If its killing something you want to stay running simply add it to the ignore list. Great app in my opinion if you take the time to set it up.

Good luck...
kyle1745 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:11 PM   #140 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Novaglarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bloomington, IL
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 16 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Novaglarion Send a message via MSN to Novaglarion Send a message via Yahoo to Novaglarion
Default

OK, I'm back. After some pretty heavy use including navigator, installing and playing some games, internet, sms/mms, and taking a few videos (uploading one to youtube) and pics I'm at 52%. It's definitely better than i would was getting with the DI battery.

I'm going to continue to condition the DI battery and see how it levels out.
Novaglarion is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:17 PM   #141 (permalink)
Member
 
SecretSexyNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 209
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 62 Times in 20 Posts
Default

cant wait to see your results! really want to get that 1750 i think... they non added space is so appealing to me. . . .

that or the newer OEM 2175 from verizon.

i dont think im going to be getting the 3500 from seido haha but its tempting too!! anything over this 1300
SecretSexyNinja is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #142 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 92
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 77 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Dear God so much misinformation in this thread

All cell phone batteries are lithium polymer. Lithium Polymer is simply a variant of Lithium Ion - it's the same basic chemistry, simply a different construction.

Further, Lithium Polymer batteries don't have "cells" or "cell layouts". The whole battery is one cell in this case.

Third, HTC didn't increase the capacity while keeping the same physical formfactor. The TP2 battery has significantly more interior volume than the stock Incredible battery. For starters, it's .5mm higher, has straight corners instead of rounded corners, and a much thinner plastic casing vs. the metal casing required for the sake of phone rigidity on the Incredible.

If you want to go ahead and believe that Seido can work some magic (actually, it's Seido's OEM since they don't actually make the batteries) and magically fit an extra 250ma into the SAME physical space as the TP2 battery, well, I've got a magical iPad to sell you too.

The misinformation is getting so bad around here (as is the Seido and Mugen circlejerk) that I'm seriously considering buying the damn batteries and hooking them up to an analyzer on video to prove what BS their claims are.

I mean, for God's sake we have idiots on here claiming they're getting 300-400% battery life improvements WITH A BATTERY THAT IS ONLY CLAIMED BY SEIDO THEMSELVES TO HAVE 30% MORE CAPACITY!

And before someone who doesn't have reading comprehension jumps down my throat (again), I'm not saying that the Seido doesn't provide more life than the stock battery - It will. What I'm saying is that it's not going to provide more life than the $15 1500ma TP2 battery.
computerpro3 is offline  
Last edited by computerpro3; May 5th, 2010 at 10:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to computerpro3 For This Useful Post:
csalem77 (May 28th, 2010), FierceDeityLink1 (May 5th, 2010), highxj (May 6th, 2010), jbirgenheier (May 6th, 2010), Lefort1 (May 5th, 2010), theotherrogue (May 7th, 2010), tuanster1119 (May 26th, 2010), vacaloca (May 5th, 2010)
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:40 PM   #143 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1745 View Post
I would like to point out something that some maybe missing...

If you load 20 apps and leave them running you can kiss your battery life goodbye. This is more of a mini laptop than a phone. So for example your laptop may run for 4-6-8 hours using word, but try watching a movie or play a game and see how long it lasts. This phone is the same way.

Try out "advanced task killer free" allow it to conservatively kill apps when you lock the device and I suspect you will see some battery life improvements. If its killing something you want to stay running simply add it to the ignore list. Great app in my opinion if you take the time to set it up.

Good luck...
kyle1745: thanks for the advice. i actually do have advanced task killer, though not set to automatically do anything... i did try to kill almost all the apps i could this morning before my day started and only used ebuddy, internet, handcent sms, skyfire, and the camera... i've downloaded a buttload of apps, but i haven't gotten around to even trying most of them as i've been having this issue maintaining a charge for even a day...

i'm no android expert or anything on a smartphone, but i expected that if a non-standard app was causing my issues, it would show up under "battery use"... but when i checked, my use during this percipitous drop was:

Android System: 30%
Cell Standby: 27%
Phone Idle: 20%
Display: 9%
Camera: 8%
Handcent SMS: 2%
Internet: 2%
Wi-Fi: 2%

the only program that registered that was non-stock was handcent sms...

also, innocent question, but i assumed that the way the android o/s worked is that some of the programs may stay active in the background and draw minimal power, unless they're actively doing something like pulling data... that is, if i open advanced task killer and see that "fm radio" is on because it loads when you restart your phone, it's not really drawing much power since it is not in use at all... am i wrong?
alanchu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:40 PM   #144 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 43
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 12 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I'm getting them both so we will see...
zeuswsu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 10:45 PM   #145 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 92
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 77 Times in 15 Posts
Default

I have emailed Seido themselves inquiring as to the rating procedures for their batteries, as well as asking for a technical explanation of the general concept of how they are able to fit so much more power in the same space as an OEM battery. I didn't ask for their "trade secrets", just a general concept.

Should be interesting to see how they respond.
computerpro3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:00 PM   #146 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 78
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanchu View Post
kyle1745: thanks for the advice. i actually do have advanced task killer, though not set to automatically do anything... i did try to kill almost all the apps i could this morning before my day started and only used ebuddy, internet, handcent sms, skyfire, and the camera... i've downloaded a buttload of apps, but i haven't gotten around to even trying most of them as i've been having this issue maintaining a charge for even a day...

i'm no android expert or anything on a smartphone, but i expected that if a non-standard app was causing my issues, it would show up under "battery use"... but when i checked, my use during this percipitous drop was:

Android System: 30%
Cell Standby: 27%
Phone Idle: 20%
Display: 9%
Camera: 8%
Handcent SMS: 2%
Internet: 2%
Wi-Fi: 2%

the only program that registered that was non-stock was handcent sms...

also, innocent question, but i assumed that the way the android o/s worked is that some of the programs may stay active in the background and draw minimal power, unless they're actively doing something like pulling data... that is, if i open advanced task killer and see that "fm radio" is on because it loads when you restart your phone, it's not really drawing much power since it is not in use at all... am i wrong?
From what I have heard, you are pretty close to right with how Android works and why so many say that Task Killers do more harm than good. When you are actively using a program (ie internet) it will draw power. Once you close that and switch to a different program, it will basically freeze the first program. It does not terminate the process but it does not actively use it either (meaning that it will not use the resources that this program requires when active). I've chosen to go without a Task Killer for now but maybe I'll try one out eventually. I think the best thing is to try with and without and pick what you feel most comfortable with.
Opivyattack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #147 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 176
 
Device(s): Droid X < HTC Incredible < iPhone 3GS< Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 48
Thanked 49 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Skyfox16
Default

Test # 2
i didnt really change anything except i barely used the phone during the day, i sent maybe 20 texts and thats it, phone charged all night from about 25% left, and was completely charged at around 11am when i unplugged it this morning, at maybe 9pm i did a little bit of web surfing<15mins, weather.com app<10mins , facebook<10mins, 1 - 10 minute phone call,

oh and i did an update for 5 apps....

UpTime: 30:59:00
AwakeTime: 11:25:00
UnPlugged time: 12:43:00
Battery %: 15%
Wifi: off except 10-15 mins of internet browsing at night
GPS: Off
Bluetooth: Off
Always on Mobile data: Off
Sync: 1 gmail and weather widget every 3 hrs

cell standby 35%
phone idle 30%
android sys 21%
display 6%
camera 2%
voice calls 2%
wifi 2%
dialer 2%
Skyfox16 is offline  
Last edited by Skyfox16; May 5th, 2010 at 11:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:04 PM   #148 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
zemerick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 572
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible ( Retired ) Samsung Galaxy S3 ( VZW )
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 130 Times in 97 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanchu View Post
kyle1745: thanks for the advice. i actually do have advanced task killer, though not set to automatically do anything... i did try to kill almost all the apps i could this morning before my day started and only used ebuddy, internet, handcent sms, skyfire, and the camera... i've downloaded a buttload of apps, but i haven't gotten around to even trying most of them as i've been having this issue maintaining a charge for even a day...
I don't recommend using task killers. It is better to just get into the habit of closing them yourself when you don't want them running. Task killers are like Ctrl+Alt+Del, they immediately force the program to close, and don't allow the program to clean things up ( Like memory usage, caches, etc. )

Quote:
i'm no android expert or anything on a smartphone, but i expected that if a non-standard app was causing my issues, it would show up under "battery use"... but when i checked, my use during this percipitous drop was:

Android System: 30%
Cell Standby: 27%
Phone Idle: 20%
Display: 9%
Camera: 8%
Handcent SMS: 2%
Internet: 2%
Wi-Fi: 2%

the only program that registered that was non-stock was handcent sms...
Your problem is that something simple is keeping the phone awake. Then, because all of the standard stuff sees the phone is still "awake", they run full tilt instead of conserving power. It is all of the stock stuff, running non-stop that is killing your battery, but all of the stock stuff is only running non-stop because of a bugged out app somewhere.

Quote:
also, innocent question, but i assumed that the way the android o/s worked is that some of the programs may stay active in the background and draw minimal power, unless they're actively doing something like pulling data... that is, if i open advanced task killer and see that "fm radio" is on because it loads when you restart your phone, it's not really drawing much power since it is not in use at all... am i wrong?
That depends on whether or not the app is coded (and behaving) properly. That is indeed the way it is supposed to work...but your data has shown that it isn't always the case. Sometimes when the OS asks a program if it is not being used, and ok to put things to sleep...the program just responds no, it is still in use, stay awake. It could be poor coding, or just a bug that you've ran into. Hard to say from our end. Just keep up with what I mentioned ( with the shutting down or removing 1 app at a time. ) until you find the one misbehaving. From there, you can try reinstalling it to see if a clean install works, or you might need to seek a replacement app.
zemerick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:21 PM   #149 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 72
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 29 Times in 6 Posts
Default

ComputerPro3 - What's more amazing is that people are saying the Seidio 1750 is the exact same size as the stock 1300 Inc battery while the TP2 is larger. So they are packing more energy into an even smaller space than the TP2.
alancorp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:43 PM   #150 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

he I had and ozone and and extra battery for it i never used i upgrade to the incredible last week, and they both share the same shape battery. but one thing the ozone has a 1500mah battery size. I tryed it out and i got an extra 30-45min and that was it compared to the 1300mah in the incredible. I really tested both running net radio from 3G!
dxlabs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
bag, battery test, bike, cycling, incredible battery


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Droid Incredible > Incredible - Tips and Tricks
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.