June 20th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London, UK
Device(s): Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, iPhone 4
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 171 Times in 145 Posts
Official stock ROM
As some of you may have encountered the issue, I am one of the few people who got a Galaxy S3 Three-branded. I was thinking of changing the firmware to the official UK unbranded version.
I have to say that my device is already rooted and it has ClockWorkMod recovery installed.
Here are my questions:
- Will I lose any data by doing this?
- Is the the following guide secure to follow?
Galaxy S3 Stock Firmware | Root Galaxy S3
- If it isn't, do you know any good guide?
- Do you recommend me to do a nandroid backup first?
- My phone is SIM-Locked, may this cause any problem with the change of firmware