Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC One > (International) One - All Things Root

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By kelnhofer

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 12th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pahrump
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire HTC Vivid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to kelnhofer Gary Kelnhofer
Default Recovery keeps coming up instead of the ROM

Has anyone experienced an issue where recovery keeps coming up instead of the ROM?
I began by wiping my Htc One and flashing an updated twrp 2.6.3.3 and new boot .IMG then I installed my new KitKat maximus HD 30... Rom. However when it completes its installation and reboots it goes into my recovery. Any ideas? Thanks Gary

Advertisements
kelnhofer is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 12th, 2014, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,046
 
Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15,726
Thanked 17,008 Times in 9,358 Posts
Default

I spun this out to its own thread in the HTC One International All Things Root subforum.
__________________

Join the fun and make some friends, register for free here.
If someone helped, hit Thanks, if you see rude or abusive posts, spam, or threads that need staff attention, hit Report.
Site Rules / Android Forums FAQ
*** Do you want to talk guns? ***

Unforgiven is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Unforgiven For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (January 13th, 2014)
Old January 12th, 2014, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: FLA. USA
Posts: 625
 
Device(s): iPhone 4S,HTC One
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 66
Thanked 533 Times in 382 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelnhofer View Post
Has anyone experienced an issue where recovery keeps coming up instead of the ROM?
I began by wiping my Htc One and flashing an updated twrp 2.6.3.3 and new boot .IMG then I installed my new KitKat maximus HD 30... Rom. However when it completes its installation and reboots it goes into my recovery. Any ideas? Thanks Gary
You made 2 small mistakes
after flashing TWRP run the command
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

you don't flash boot.img anymore
just flash the rom again
clsA is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post:
Unforgiven (January 12th, 2014)
Old January 12th, 2014, 10:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pahrump
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire HTC Vivid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to kelnhofer Gary Kelnhofer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
You made 2 small mistakes
after flashing TWRP run the command
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

you don't flash boot.img anymore
just flash the rom again
OK I reflashed twrp 2.6.3.3 once then while in boot loader I flashed erase cache, and reboot-bootloader. Then booted into recovery and wiped and flashed the ROM. Once completed it booted into recovery instead of going on to the ROM. Any other ideas? This one has me baffled.
kelnhofer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 05:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,049
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,913
Thanked 7,248 Times in 4,496 Posts
Default

So you're not able to boot at all? It's not unusual for roms using aroma installer to boot back to the recovery once the installer is done. Just use twrps menus to reboot to system
__________________
The Delivery Guy
If someone has helped you,please click the THANKS button on that post.
Please post questions so others can benefit from the answers.
donate to my device fund
scotty85 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
Unforgiven (January 13th, 2014)
Old January 13th, 2014, 01:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pahrump
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire HTC Vivid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to kelnhofer Gary Kelnhofer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
So you're not able to boot at all? It's not unusual for roms using aroma installer to boot back to the recovery once the installer is done. Just use twrps menus to reboot to system
No such lunch it always goes back into recovery.
kelnhofer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pahrump
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire HTC Vivid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to kelnhofer Gary Kelnhofer
Default

Yes, even after updating to ver 2.6.3.3 recovery and erasing cache and rebooting the boot-loader via fast boot and lading my latest Maximus 30 ROM When it finishes its installation and reboots it goes into recovery instead of booting into the ROM. I then reboot system from recovery but it again goes back into the Recovery. I really need some advice. Thanks.
kelnhofer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 05:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,049
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,913
Thanked 7,248 Times in 4,496 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelnhofer View Post
Yes, even after updating to ver 2.6.3.3 recovery and erasing cache and rebooting the boot-loader via fast boot and lading my latest Maximus 30 ROM When it finishes its installation and reboots it goes into recovery instead of booting into the ROM. I then reboot system from recovery but it again goes back into the Recovery. I really need some advice. Thanks.
do you have a nandroid you are able to restore?

have you tried loading a different rom?

what carrier are you using your htc one on?

can you link the maximus rom you flashed's development threaD?
scotty85 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 06:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pahrump
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire HTC Vivid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to kelnhofer Gary Kelnhofer
Default

Hi Scotty, yes I was able to load my previous ver. 10 Maximus ROM after re flashing my older ver. 2.6.0.1 of Recovery. I am using an Htc One curently AT&T I downloaded my copy of Maximus HD 30 ROM from the Maximus website. I have tried about every thing I can think of including re downloading the Rom . this is where I got the Rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2189373
kelnhofer is offline  
Last edited by kelnhofer; January 13th, 2014 at 06:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kelnhofer For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (January 13th, 2014)
Old January 13th, 2014, 06:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,049
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,913
Thanked 7,248 Times in 4,496 Posts
Default

did you restore a nandroid,or reflash an older version?

i wonder if there is just an install error with the rom... has anyone else in the dev thread had issues?

one other thing you can try is to flash the rom,put the boot image into your adb/fastboot folder,and try and manually boot the boot image:

fastboot boot boot.img

if the system files have been installed correctly,booting the kernel should boot the phone.
scotty85 is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 13th, 2014, 07:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pahrump
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire HTC Vivid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to kelnhofer Gary Kelnhofer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
did you restore a nandroid,or reflash an older version?

i wonder if there is just an install error with the rom... has anyone else in the dev thread had issues?

one other thing you can try is to flash the rom,put the boot image into your adb/fastboot folder,and try and manually boot the boot image:

fastboot boot boot.img

if the system files have been installed correctly,booting the kernel should boot the phone.
I simply reinstalled a previous ROM. I didn't nandroid and I will try to fast boot the boot.IMG now and see what happens.
kelnhofer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 07:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pahrump
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire HTC Vivid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to kelnhofer Gary Kelnhofer
Default

Fast boot idea interesting but it still wants to go into recovery.
kelnhofer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2014, 03:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pahrump
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire HTC Vivid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to kelnhofer Gary Kelnhofer
Default

Problem solved! Thanks to WCX and several hours on the phone all it took was to upgrade my Htc firmware. Once completed I was able to reload my recovery and the ROM booted just fine. Thanks WC and thanks to all those who tried to help.
Unforgiven and scotty85 like this.
kelnhofer is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kelnhofer For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (January 14th, 2014)
Old January 14th, 2014, 04:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,049
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,913
Thanked 7,248 Times in 4,496 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelnhofer View Post
Problem solved! Thanks to WCX and several hours on the phone all it took was to upgrade my Htc firmware. Once completed I was able to reload my recovery and the ROM booted just fine. Thanks WC and thanks to all those who tried to help.
Glad you are up and running. What firmware were you on,and what did you upgrade to?
scotty85 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
Unforgiven (January 14th, 2014)
Old January 15th, 2014, 09:13 AM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pahrump
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): HTC Inspire HTC Vivid
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to kelnhofer Gary Kelnhofer
Default

Well I'm at 1.56.0000 now but I'm not sure what ver. I was on before. Should have kept track.
OS is 4.86.1540.3
Radio is 4a.22.3263.14
kelnhofer is offline  
Last edited by kelnhofer; January 15th, 2014 at 09:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kelnhofer For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (January 16th, 2014)
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC One > (International) One - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.