I would like and very much appreciate assistance in rooting/unlocking this AT&T Fusion 2, official Model is "Huawei-U8665". It is on Android 2.3.6. It is needed for international purposes. Going to give it to my uncle that is out of the country. Would really appreciate the help. Much thanks in advanced.
Thank you for your assistance. It was appreciated that at least I got sent links and it wasn't completely ignored. However, two things, I am a noob at rooting and didn't quite understand the instructions. The bit that I did understand from the file attachment I couldn't do because the file attachment given on the other forum was encrypted with a password. :\ sucks. anyhow, any actual assitance on this would be wonderful, I don't really think it's necessary to have to pay some online thing to get the unlock code. not to mention, I'm not even sure it would work and is not just a scam
Device(s): Evo 3D (CDMA)
Rom: P.A.C.man v22.1.0
Kernel: Buttered Toast 17.2
Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,505 Posts
Originally Posted by TheGreatGatzby
. anyhow, any actual assitance on this would be wonderful, I don't really think it's necessary to have to pay some online thing to get the unlock code. not to mention, I'm not even sure it would work and is not just a scam
I personally wouldn't pay either...
Unfortunately with this device, I don't feel comfortable offering any more than pointing you in the right direction. I will ask around and see if I can find anyone that can assist further!
OutofPhase, I am currently using Windows 8 on my computer. If that is a problem, I still have relatives that use Windows 7. What else would I need to do. Thank you for taking the time to find out more details.
I do want to let you I have never done this with your model and are not responsible (including Android Forums) if something happens to your device. I don't think anything will but I do need to tell you that.
1. download the recovery zip in this post. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35353410&postcount=15
2. Unzip the recovery zip the password is xda-developers.com
3. download fastboot.exe from here and copy to same folder that the recovery was unzipped. fastboot.exe download - 2shared
4. power down your phone and then hold vol down button and power button for 15 sec to get into fastboot mode.
5. open a command prompt in windows. Go into desktop mode in windows 8 and click on the file explorer in the bottom left corner of the screen, find the file where you unzipped everything and then click on the file folder in the upper left corner of the window. The line will turn blue, type cmd and enter. A new window will open.
6. In the cmd prompt window type fastboot flash recovery recovery.superrecovery.img you should get a success or failure message. If success your should be rooted if it failed i am sorry and we will have to push the files using ADB.
7. In the same cmd prompt type fastboot reboot.
8. When the phone reboots check to see if you have superuser installed and it has root.
I thank you VERY much for this information. I will be sure to follow it step by step. I am fully aware that no one but me is responsible for what happens to my phone, and thank you once again for the instructions. I will be sure to let you guys know if this works out to root the phone or not. I had only done this previously with a T-Mobile Sensation before, but this one was definitely harder to find instructions for. Once again, thank you and will post by the end of the day if it worked or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheGreatGatzby For This Useful Post:
OK, so I've been attempting your instructions. and your end seems to go about right. pretty similar to what I did with the Sensation. However, the Fusion 2 (current one I'm trying to unlock), seems to refuse to go into fastboot regardless of what I do. It just stays stuck in the at&t logo
so far, what I got is that even though I'm in fastboot right now, and the computer does indicate that the phone is plugged in, the phone is not properly connected for some reason. I looked up another set of instructions here:
Ok, I got another crack at it. And even with the minisdk installed, I still get the same waiting for devices response from the cmd. any further instructions or help??? I do very much thank you for all your help thus far
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Rom: PACman in Black
Thanked 1,682 Times in 1,176 Posts
Re: Rooting Huawei U8665
Originally Posted by TheGreatGatzby
ok. nevermind it's rooted. thank you
Will this be enough to activate it in another country or is there a seperate process to unlock completely from carrier???
Unfortunately rooting isn't enough, the only thing I could find that would unlock is to purchase an unlock code from http://worldgsmcodes.com/
Has someone helped you? Dont forget to hit the "thanks" button!
Seen an offense or bad post? Hit the /!\ button!
Help support BabyBlues in her walk for breast cancer, click below for more information