Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > Introductions
Introductions Meet the team, and tell us a little about yourself... This introductions section is NOT for support questions!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 18th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Laugh Glad to be here!

Hello!

I got my first smartphone (it is also my first smart/touch-anything) a few days ago. It's a Motorola Electrify M, and I'm liking it. Right now I am in need of some experienced app users to help me figure out which ones I am looking for. I'm so glad there's a forum for that!

Jessica

Advertisements
kikajess is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 18th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
~30% Carbon Black
 
Mikestony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N/W Indiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,202
 
Device(s): LG G3 (rooted)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 17,768
Thanked 14,579 Times in 9,010 Posts
Default

Welcome to AF Jessica!
Glad you joined us today with your new device!!
What are you looking for to do with you device?

Edit: good grief, I hit submit before posting a link to your device

Here it is:
http://androidforums.com/motorola-electrify-m/

Sorry 'bout that, but you can check out others with your device there too

Edit: look like Frisco below me beat me to it
Mikestony is offline  
Last edited by Mikestony; February 18th, 2013 at 02:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
=Luceat Lux Vestra=
 
Frisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,490
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Tab 7" 2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 7,156
Thanked 9,265 Times in 5,119 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikajess View Post
Hello!

I got my first smartphone (it is also my first smart/touch-anything) a few days ago. It's a Motorola Electrify M, and I'm liking it. Right now I am in need of some experienced app users to help me figure out which ones I am looking for. I'm so glad there's a forum for that!

Jessica
Hello and welcome, Jessica! Motorola Electrify M - Android Forums <--- There's the link to your new phone's sub-forum here at AF. Have fun posting about what you need, and reading around the whole place: it's a huge forum!
__________________



Frisco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hi, Mike! Nice to meet you. My big question right now is is there an app that will dim the screen so it stays visible, yet the phone be locked?
kikajess is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hi, Frisco! Pleased to meet you. That's a handy link. Thank you!
kikajess is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kikajess For This Useful Post:
Frisco (February 18th, 2013)
Old February 18th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
~30% Carbon Black
 
Mikestony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N/W Indiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,202
 
Device(s): LG G3 (rooted)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 17,768
Thanked 14,579 Times in 9,010 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikajess View Post
Hi, Mike! Nice to meet you. My big question right now is is there an app that will dim the screen so it stays visible, yet the phone be locked?
Locked, as in, have a lockscreen pattern unlock but have the screen dimmed?
Not exactly sure what you mean by locked phone with a dimmer screen.
You can dim the screen brightness within the screen/display settings, and set a screen lock.
Did I understand correctly?
Mikestony is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hmm...I hope this helps clarify:

Right now, I wish the phone could be locked (meaning I would have to swipe a lockscreen pattern to access anything), dimmed, but never go to sleep; never turn black. Unless I specifically force it to go black if I want to.

I would like a dimmed version of the live screen to remain visible underneath the lockpattern dots for as long as I want.

I have found a lot of apps that allow the screen to stay awake and dimmed, but not locked. If I only knew what term(s) to search for in the apps area, then I'm sure I could find what I am looking for.

Or maybe someone just knows? Whaddya think?
kikajess is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
~30% Carbon Black
 
Mikestony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N/W Indiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,202
 
Device(s): LG G3 (rooted)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 17,768
Thanked 14,579 Times in 9,010 Posts
Default Re: Glad to be here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikajess View Post
Hmm...I hope this helps clarify:

Right now, I wish the phone could be locked (meaning I would have to swipe a lockscreen pattern to access anything), dimmed, but never go to sleep; never turn black. Unless I specifically force it to go black if I want to.

I would like a dimmed version of the live screen to remain visible underneath the lockpattern dots for as long as I want.

I have found a lot of apps that allow the screen to stay awake and dimmed, but not locked. If I only knew what term(s) to search for in the apps area, then I'm sure I could find what I am looking for.

Or maybe someone just knows? Whaddya think?
I follow you now.....you want the dimmed lockscreen to stay on until you turn it off yes?
Mikestony is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Yes, that would be really nice.
kikajess is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > Introductions
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.