April 6th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
WANTED: Android Developer (Scottsdale, AZ)
StormSource Software, a software development company specializing in SaaS (Software as a Service) products, is a fast-growing and dynamic business in Scottsdale, Ariz., with a culture that rewards hard work, innovation and leadership. Established in 2001, StormSource has grown tremendously in sales during the past 10 years, and its 42-person team has grown by 50 percent this year. Our flagship product, Appointment-Plus (www.appointment-plus.com), is an industry-leading online appointment scheduling system that sets over one million appointments monthly for over 4,000 clients, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses. We provide our employees with the resources and tools for advancement and personal and professional growth, as well as an outstanding office environment and culture.
We’re looking for an experienced Mobile Developer to join our team. This important position is responsible for creating high-quality, efficient client interfaces on mobile devices in a timely manner. The Developer must feel comfortable working as part of development team which includes other programmers, business analysts, and quality assurance analysts.
Duties and Responsibilities
The development teams at StormSource are committed to building high-quality client applications that utilize the cutting-edge technology. Developers take ownership of their product area and demonstrate a genuine passion for mobile technology, as well as a desire for maintaining clean and expandable code. As we continue to expand our suite of applications, you will have the opportunity to grow professionally.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Build high quality stand-alone mobile client applications and user interfaces
- Design interfaces for mobile platforms with focus on Android SDK
- Expand Appointment-Plus SDK using MVC framework
- Prepare technical design documents and participate in application planning discussions
- Work closely with business analysts and QA Analysts throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Work with other developers in maintaining code consistency and accuracy throughout the application development
- Prepare unit test plans and scripts for testing on mobile device emulators
- Utilize Subversion for version control system.
- Create and modify database (MySQL) tables
- Interact directly with clients, when necessary
StormSource offers the following benefits to employees:
- Minimum of 2 years of software design and development experience, with a strong emphasis on Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and design patterns
- Experience developing Android applications using the Android SDK (Android NDK is a plus)
- Other previous development experience with Windows Mobile, iPhone, Blackberry, Symbian, etc. is preferable
- Strong background in Java/C++ or .NET platforms
- Experience with Eclipse & other IDEs
- Experience with version control systems, such as Subversion
- Experience in developing SDK with web services/SOAP/XML
- Experience with social media interfacing a plus
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A bachelor’s degree (preferred)
We are an EEO-employer company dedicated to a culturally-diverse and drug-free workplace with a commitment of respect and well-being for each staff member.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
TO APPLY FOR POSITION, PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TOcareers@stormsource.com
- Health Insurance
- 401K with match
- 15 days paid time off per year
- Paid holidays
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
. Also, please feel free to direct any questions or salary range inquiries to the above email address. Thank you!