Originally Posted by lovemuffin
The physical keyboard on this phone is terrible. I bought this phone for the physical keyboard and I find myself relying on the virtual keyboard + SwiftKeyX because it's so bad. Problems with the QWERTY physical keyboard include:
- You must press the Fn button to go into Fn mode and then press it again to go back to normal letters
- The comma button requires that you use the Fn key and isn't just a normal key
- There is no "OK" or "Go" button on the keyboard, which is real problem when some input forms require you press "enter" somehow
- When I press the capitalization key, it makes every letter capitalized until I press it again. When I press it again, it stays capital for one extra letter. For instance: [Cap key] A [cap key] L-a-b-a-m-a, writing Alabama as ALabama. If I press the cap key twice from the get-go, it still capitalizes two letters instead of one, giving me ALabama. It makes NO SENSE AT ALL.
- The supposed ".com" function key does not even work. I have never successfully gotten it to write ".com."
My questions are:
- Is my phone defective or is this just how it works?
- Can I somehow remap this POS keyboard? The LG Optimus Slider keyboard was great and this thing is garbage.
Let me see if I can answer your questions.
1. No, it only enters permanent FN mode when you press it twice. If you press it once, then the key with the FN character you need, it goes right back to regular typing.
2. Yeah, this is annoying.
3. It does have an 'Enter' key. It's the button with the little backwards arrow between the 'Up' and 'Right' arrow keys.
4. I don't have my phone on me to verify, but I do not remember it doing this for me. Double press should keep it capitalized until you press it a third time. Single press should only capitalize the first letter after you press it. If you press it once, then a letter, then press it again, the next letter should also be capital but no more. If you kept repeating this process, every letter would end up capital.
5. The ".com" button works very well for me. I use it all the time. I am not sure what your problem could be, but it works fine for me.
1. I think your phone is probably defective, with what you have described aside from the comma key.
2. Yeah, button remapper from the play store should do the trick.