Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Tablets > Le Pan 3

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 12th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default LePan 3 Tablet

Since the LePan TC970 seems to be getting a lot of coverage and the LePan 2 is currently being sold at Amazon and BestBuy I thought I might start a thread here with what I can find on the three, which admittedly isn't much. Particulars on the LePan 3 are in red.

Quote:
Le Pan II, Le Pan III, and TC978 Tablets At CES 2012 – Deliver Value For Money - CrazyEngineers
Le Pan II, Le Pan III, and TC978 Tablets At CES 2012 – Deliver Value For Money

Posted by Madhumitha Sridharudu on January 10, 2012
Who said Ice Cream Sandwich tablets are always costly? Here is more news from Las Vegas. The less known Tablet Company, Le Pan has come out with a range of tablets (that do not cost so much) in this year’s edition of CES. The devices are worth checking out. The three tablets are: The Le Pan II, Le Pan III, and TC978. Le Pan III is being displayed for the first time for the public so it is a kind of “Exclusive Sneak Peek”. The tablets (except Le Pan II) use Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. And Le Pan II costs $300 which is fair enough. It may not be the cheapest tablet but does cost less compared to the
Le Pan II runs on an Android(tm) 3.2 (Honeycomb, upgradeable to 4.0 – Ice Cream Sandwich) platform. It is powered by Qualcomm APQ8060 1.2GHz dual-core processor with 1GB RAM / 8GB Storage (expandable to 32GB with MicroSD). It also boasts of a built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS module, 2MP Camera (Front). It can support 1080P output/USB OTG/Ethernet through adapters. It measures 236 x 189 x 12.4 mm (9.29 x 7.44 x 0.48 in).
Le Pan’s Flagship product Le Pan III and TC978 run on the Ice Cream Sandwich platforms and have built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS module. When Le Pan III is powered by TI OMAP 4460, 1.5 GHz Dual-core processor with 1GB RAM / 8GB Storage, TC 978 is powered by TI OMAP 4430, 1GHz Dual-core processor with 1GB RAM / 4GB Storage. Both of them have a 2MP Camera in the front and in addition to it Le Pan III has a 5 MP camera at the back. Le Pan III has the same dimensions as the Le Pan II. And TC978 measures 236 x 187 x 13 mm (9.29 x 7.36 x 0.51 in). Like Le Pan II, Le Pan III also supports 1080P output/USB OTG/Ethernet through adapters. TC978 lacks this facility. Le Pan II is ready and available for sale on Amazon and Best Buy. For the other models one has to wait a little longer.
rest.
Since the 2012 CES just happened and the LP3 was debuted there with little information it seems other than what was given at the press release, which is here in PDF form http://lepantab.com/index.php?view=article&catid=36%3Apress&id=84%3Ale-pan-ii-formal-launch&format=pdf&option=com_content&Itemid=2 , there is not much to go on.
The PR says pretty much the same thing this sight does, Le Pan announces 3 new tablets , so if you dont have a PDF reader just go to the link and you will know what it says.
If any one else finds information on this unit please post it here.
Thanks.

sponsored links
Old February 5th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default forum hoppin :)

hello, i will very soon own a le pan 2(hurry up ups!) i am new to forums and dont really know the rules. the forum i am on has a place looking for info on le pan 3, would it be ok to copy this to Le Pan Life Forums (cant post link here yet)? if so, should i link it or copy and paste to a thread there? ty
Old February 7th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

I would think it would be OK to link and or copy it to the other forum. However you need to be sure that if you link it that linking to other forums is OK there.
There are some forums that take strong offense to having links from other forums of the same type posted on their sight.
Gets me as to why but some just do.
Also, the when you get your LP2 please give us your review in the LePan 2 section of the forum..
Old February 19th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

I had the Le Pan 11 and problems.The back botton done every thing but go back ,connecting to a WiFi was IFFy at best and would timeout at about 1 minute or less( it wasn't the Sleep setting.Went too the Le Pan website ,stsrted a case # and gave them my troubles. I took almost 2 weeks for a reply which was "all in the Settings"The next sent me a File #4626 Firmare which made it even worse,could not turn tablet on or off while charging battery. Returned tablet too Amazon,got my money refunded. Duker Waiting to see what the Le Pan 111 will be like.
Old April 17th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Le Pan TC970,LG ALLY

hi all has anyone been able to contact le pan in the past few days today is april 17th .i have a tc970 under warr. but there is no one home?
Old April 19th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Motorola Triumph
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdigger View Post
hi all has anyone been able to contact le pan in the past few days today is april 17th .i have a tc970 under warr. but there is no one home?
I've got two LePan 970 tablets that need to be repaired. I've heard their phone service was not good so I went with email to this address:

support@lepantab.com

They got back to me within hours and I've corresponded with them many times throughout the past few days, getting RMA numbers for sending the tablets back. The first thing they'll do is ask you to register and create a case at this address:

https://lepan.supportsync.com

They'll walk you through the steps from there. Hope this helps.

Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Tablets > Le Pan 3