January 8th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Swedish SIM-card constantly roaming locally on Lenovo A789
I'll try to explain as simple as possible:
- Bought my Lenovo A789 dual SIM in august last year.
- I first used it in Greece with a Greek SIM-card, where it worked perfectly fine.
- I travelled to Sweden, so I set a Swedish SIM in slot 1 and moved the Greek to slot 2. While changing flights I checked my phone and both SIM-cards were roaming = normal.
- I arrived in Sweden and my Greek SIM was roaming, but my Swedish was not = normal.
- After one week in Sweden, the Swedish SIM-card suddently started roaming for every call and SMS I'd try to make/send = not normal.
- Since then, it has roamed.
- I contacted the shop through which I bought it from, and they told me to change my IMEI. I did like they told me, but nothing changed.
- Inbetween I travelled to Greece again, and my Greek SIM worked well as usual, even with the new IMEI.
- Back in Sweden I contacted my Swedish provider and told them about my issue and they asked me to try my SIM-card in a phone bought in Sweden. And so I did. And it worked!
- I then contacted the same shop again and told them the news. They asked me to empty my APN and add new ones. And so I did. But nothing changed. Still roaming.
- I contacted my provider again and made sure all the APN-settings were correct, and they pretty much are, but it doesn't work.
- I've restarted the phone many times, but it hasn't helped.
What it says when I have the Swedish SIM-in and try to make a call or send a message:
"The SIM-card you are trying to use is now roaming. No local SIM is available now. Would you like to continue?"
What it says when both cards are in:
"The SIM-card you are trying to use is now roaming. Would you like to continue through the local SIM?"
When I click Yes, I recieve this message:
"No local SIM is available now."
Any thoughts on what might be going on? Help?