Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Connect 4G

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 22nd, 2012, 04:49 PM   #101 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 34
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just received the 3500 on Friday. I gave it a good charge on Friday night, about 12 hours. I used it for about 12-14 hours with 4G on and while 95% outside of the MetroPCS service area, with roaming off. I did use wifi where possible. I know it was probably eating a ton of battery trying to find a signal. I used the camera for about a dozen pictures. I know that isn't a lot of detail, but was fairly decent I would say considering it was looking for signal all day.

So far today, with about 30 minutes of phone calls, some browsing/fb/gallery and after 9.5 hours, I am still at 69%. I got about 12 hours of charging last night as well.

My only complaint is that the case is harder to grip compared to the neoprene'ish cover I had on the stock case. I dropped my phone yesterday morning to start the day, thought I had trashed the phone. I turned it over and it was fine. But it made me start being extra careful when taking it out of my pocket.

If we could get a true 2500mah that would fit in the stock case, I would do it. So far I am happy with the battery life of the 3500.

Advertisements
paarlberg is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:24 PM   #102 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,077
 
Device(s): Kyocera Domino, Freeform II, Freeform III, LG Connect, LG Motion, Samsung Galaxy S III, OnePlus ONE
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 101
Thanked 232 Times in 193 Posts
Default

It took 12 hours to fully charge the battery?
__________________
how can you hold someone to a promise they never made to you? - common sense
THE W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:31 PM   #103 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
lowlab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 47
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE W View Post
It took 12 hours to fully charge the battery?
I read that 6 hours is enough to charge all the cells.
lowlab is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:42 PM   #104 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 116
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlab View Post
Have you been able to get decent battery life with the 3500mah ?
it was decent but for me I had better, I have a different launcher, and well customized the way I like it and I get around 9-12 hours of good use, I will check the new battery which I should get wednesday.
Sniper1087 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:43 AM   #105 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,077
 
Device(s): Kyocera Domino, Freeform II, Freeform III, LG Connect, LG Motion, Samsung Galaxy S III, OnePlus ONE
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 101
Thanked 232 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE W View Post
I very well may buy this myself. Not having to wait a month to get this is intriguing.
I took the plunge and purchased this battery. Should get it sometime this week. Hope it doesn't blow up my phone.
THE W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:37 AM   #106 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 34
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE W View Post
It took 12 hours to fully charge the battery?
Not really, I just wanted to make sure it was fully charged. I read that you should charge a few hours past when the phone shows "Full" during the first few charge cycles. Since I am asleep when it charges most of the time, I am not sure when it finishes. Not that I sleep 12 hours though.

I am at 8 hours of lite use, the battery is still at 82%. I think normally, I would have been at about 50-60%. So it is better than the stock battery.
paarlberg is offline  
Last edited by paarlberg; April 23rd, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 09:14 PM   #107 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,077
 
Device(s): Kyocera Domino, Freeform II, Freeform III, LG Connect, LG Motion, Samsung Galaxy S III, OnePlus ONE
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 101
Thanked 232 Times in 193 Posts
Default

for those with the 3500mah battery how is the temp on your phones?
THE W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 01:40 AM   #108 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brooksville/Spring Hill
Posts: 278
 
Device(s): Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 5, LG Motion
Carrier: Metropcs

Thanks: 43
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE W View Post
for those with the 3500mah battery how is the temp on your phones?
I have not exceeded 32C and usually it is 30/31, i.e., a very narrow temp range.
4ubest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 03:19 AM   #109 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 203
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

3900mAh Extended Double Layer Battery Cover 4 MetroPCS LG Connect 4G MS840 Phone | eBay

3900 now...
brian1984 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #110 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 34
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This is my phone last night. I would have normally been near 5-10% at this time of day. I had just plugged it in to charge overnight when I took the screenshot. I forgot to do it before plugging in. This is with the 3500mah battery.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2012-04-23 23.46.09.png (41.1 KB, 82 views)
paarlberg is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 25th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #111 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 116
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

well guys I got my 3850 and I am charging it right now and will give you guys feedback when I do the testing.
Sniper1087 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #112 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Battery life

I have used the phone for 2 month already and I found he make it go longer without getting another battery. The LG phone is OK. The problem is Metro PCS software (such as My Extras, Polaris Office, Easy wifi, etc) that are in constant communication with their bases. They are a type of "harmless" Spyware so the can send you little commercials windows. ( as you have seen many times).
To removed this programs you got to know how to get in the phone or go to a authorise dealer and they will remove it for you.
WARNING: Your factory warranty will be void after this.
This will give 30% to 40% to more battery life depending if GPS is on or off.
Highlander1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #113 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,077
 
Device(s): Kyocera Domino, Freeform II, Freeform III, LG Connect, LG Motion, Samsung Galaxy S III, OnePlus ONE
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 101
Thanked 232 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander1 View Post
I have used the phone for 2 month already and I found he make it go longer without getting another battery. The LG phone is OK. The problem is Metro PCS software (such as My Extras, Polaris Office, Easy wifi, etc) that are in constant communication with their bases. They are a type of "harmless" Spyware so the can send you little commercials windows. ( as you have seen many times).
To removed this programs you got to know how to get in the phone or go to a authorise dealer and they will remove it for you.
WARNING: Your factory warranty will be void after this.
This will give 30% to 40% to more battery life depending if GPS is on or off.
Been there, done that, doesn't work.
THE W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #114 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 116
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander1 View Post
I have used the phone for 2 month already and I found he make it go longer without getting another battery. The LG phone is OK. The problem is Metro PCS software (such as My Extras, Polaris Office, Easy wifi, etc) that are in constant communication with their bases. They are a type of "harmless" Spyware so the can send you little commercials windows. ( as you have seen many times).
To removed this programs you got to know how to get in the phone or go to a authorise dealer and they will remove it for you.
WARNING: Your factory warranty will be void after this.
This will give 30% to 40% to more battery life depending if GPS is on or off.
This is partially true, the 4G LTE is what consumes the most battery in this phones so far.
Sniper1087 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #115 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,077
 
Device(s): Kyocera Domino, Freeform II, Freeform III, LG Connect, LG Motion, Samsung Galaxy S III, OnePlus ONE
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 101
Thanked 232 Times in 193 Posts
Default

got my battery in the mail a few minutes ago. charging it up now and will be field testing it for the next few days and running some controlled tests on my days off work.

EDIT: after using this for a couple hours this phone definitely runs cooler. It has yet to exceed 89F.
THE W is offline  
Last edited by THE W; April 26th, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #116 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,077
 
Device(s): Kyocera Domino, Freeform II, Freeform III, LG Connect, LG Motion, Samsung Galaxy S III, OnePlus ONE
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 101
Thanked 232 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Here is my battery life with the new battery.
100% to 5% with 4G, background data, and GPS on.


Also battery temperature



a bit more details. i streamed iheart radio for an hour and a half, played a total of 45 minutes of angry birds. surfed the net sparratically a few minutes at a time and streamed video for a total of maybe 2 hours. the rest of the time the phone was idle.
THE W is offline  
Last edited by THE W; April 26th, 2012 at 10:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 01:08 AM   #117 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 203
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

which new battery the 3500???

is the temperature always on 32??? mine its always on 32... i didnt really try hard to get phone busy but i used the 3500 battery for just a whole day and i never saw it going over 32 degrees.. dont know if its a problem with battery temp sensor or the battery is good....
brian1984 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:09 AM   #118 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,077
 
Device(s): Kyocera Domino, Freeform II, Freeform III, LG Connect, LG Motion, Samsung Galaxy S III, OnePlus ONE
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 101
Thanked 232 Times in 193 Posts
Default

The 3850mah. Never exceeded 32C.
THE W is offline  
Last edited by THE W; April 27th, 2012 at 08:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #119 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Gender: Male
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy s3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Just got back from the metro store and he carries the 3500 and door. 40 bucks lol thinking about getting the connect now.
johnboy829 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #120 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy829 View Post
Just got back from the metro store and he carries the 3500 and door. 40 bucks lol thinking about getting the connect now.
I just got one of these today. THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME BATTERY AS IN THE ORIGINAL POST! Same cheap aluminum bag it comes in and everything. Metro is buying these cheap batteries wholesale (7-8$~) and then trying to sell them for 40$+!

Not only does Metro put out a POS phone - but then they scam more money out of their unsuspecting customers with this!
Jaredmh20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 27th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #121 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 177
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 70
Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Default

has anyone bought the 2430mah battery yet? what is the phone reading its capacity as? if it checks out I rather get the largest battery I can while maintaining the stock back for it so I can use it with my case. Thanks.

I keep seeing mixed results some say better battery life, others say worse then stock battery but NONE of them are explaining how they tested said battery nor did they show what their phone is reporting the battery as.
pcflip is offline  
Last edited by pcflip; April 28th, 2012 at 02:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 10:54 PM   #122 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,077
 
Device(s): Kyocera Domino, Freeform II, Freeform III, LG Connect, LG Motion, Samsung Galaxy S III, OnePlus ONE
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 101
Thanked 232 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy829 View Post
Just got back from the metro store and he carries the 3500 and door. 40 bucks lol thinking about getting the connect now.
did you buy this battery from a corporate store or an authorized dealer?
THE W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 02:59 AM   #123 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brooksville/Spring Hill
Posts: 278
 
Device(s): Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 5, LG Motion
Carrier: Metropcs

Thanks: 43
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcflip View Post
has anyone bought the 2430mah battery yet? what is the phone reading its capacity as? if it checks out I rather get the largest battery I can while maintaining the stock back for it so I can use it with my case. Thanks.

I keep seeing mixed results some say better battery life, others say worse then stock battery but NONE of them are explaining how they tested said battery nor did they show what their phone is reporting the battery as.
Boy,, I cannot imagine any battery worse than the stock battery I received as I only get between 2-4 hours of actual use. With the new extended 3500 battery I am getting between 12-17 hrs.
4ubest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #124 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Gender: Male
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy s3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE W View Post
did you buy this battery from a corporate store or an authorized dealer?
I haven't bought it yet. It was a authorized dealer. Are these batteries any good.
johnboy829 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:25 AM   #125 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Gender: Male
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy s3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredmh20 View Post
I just got one of these today. THEY ARE THE EXACT SAME BATTERY AS IN THE ORIGINAL POST! Same cheap aluminum bag it comes in and everything. Metro is buying these cheap batteries wholesale (7-8$~) and then trying to sell them for 40$+!

Not only does Metro put out a POS phone - but then they scam more money out of their unsuspecting customers with this!
Yea I almost cough up a lung. Are these batteries any good.
johnboy829 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #126 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy829 View Post
Yea I almost cough up a lung. Are these batteries any good.
Well - I'm going to be using it today for the same thing I always use it for (watch videos at work until it dies). I usually get about 4-5 hours with the stock battery, but this is with all radios off (wifi, 4g, gps). So I'll report back later tonight an see how long this one last under the same conditions.

However, with the stock battery my phone was at a constant 41C and usually got around 48-55C at its worse. I tried my hardest to make the 3500 battery heat up (GPS, phone, 4g, background data), but it would go above 32C.
Jaredmh20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #127 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,077
 
Device(s): Kyocera Domino, Freeform II, Freeform III, LG Connect, LG Motion, Samsung Galaxy S III, OnePlus ONE
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 101
Thanked 232 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy829 View Post
I haven't bought it yet. It was a authorized dealer. Are these batteries any good.
that individual dealer more than likely bought a bunch of those batteries and hiked the price up. thats on that individual dealer and not metroPCS as all dealers wont have that item available for sale as they do other corporately sold items.

these extended batteries do the job. get one!
THE W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #128 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Gender: Male
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): Samsung galaxy s3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE W View Post
that individual dealer more than likely bought a bunch of those batteries and hiked the price up. thats on that individual dealer and not metroPCS as all dealers wont have that item available for sale as they do other corporately sold items.

these extended batteries do the job. get one!
Thats what I was thinking. I seen where they are sold in 50 units. Gonna try to wheel n deal on that battery since I'm gonna purchase the connect from his store.
johnboy829 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #129 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 177
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 70
Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Default

to be fair guys, I work at an independent dealer for MetroPCS and yes some of our prices are "hiked" up in comparison to online whole sale prices but guys those online places dont have nearly the expenses that we have as a store front nor do they provide free customer services to you about your phone or assist you with using your phone and so on shoot at our location our rent is insane ~_~

However even with that said we tend to still be the cheapest of all the dealers in the area and cheaper then our sorry excuse for a corporate store too.
pcflip is offline  
Last edited by pcflip; April 28th, 2012 at 12:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #130 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredmh20 View Post
Well - I'm going to be using it today for the same thing I always use it for (watch videos at work until it dies). I usually get about 4-5 hours with the stock battery, but this is with all radios off (wifi, 4g, gps). So I'll report back later tonight an see how long this one last under the same conditions.

However, with the stock battery my phone was at a constant 41C and usually got around 48-55C at its worse. I tried my hardest to make the 3500 battery heat up (GPS, phone, 4g, background data), but it would go above 32C.
Well - I used the 3500 battery for the first time today. My stock would usually get me around 3-4hours of constant video watching. I got an additional 3.5ish hours today with the 3500, so it works at about 2x. I would have liked to see more then 2x since its more then twice the capacity.. Oh well - maybe after a few discharges

Something I noticed today though - after about 5hours the battery felt pretty hot. Like how my stock would feel when it was around 44C. Although, my temperature said it was only 33C, so I think these temperature apps can't do extended batteries.

Is anyone else noticed a hot battery but low temperature reading?
Jaredmh20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 28th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #131 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I have the 2480 mah ... What battery details would you like to see
joey1331 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #132 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

2430* mah
joey1331 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #133 (permalink)
Member
 
nps531's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Orange City, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 139
 
Device(s): LG L70, LG L9, iPad Air
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 4
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via AIM to nps531 nps1120@gmail.com
Default

^ detailed review of heavy/normal daily use. how hot the battery gets etc ...
nps531 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nps531 For This Useful Post:
pcflip (April 29th, 2012)
Old April 29th, 2012, 03:51 AM   #134 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brooksville/Spring Hill
Posts: 278
 
Device(s): Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 5, LG Motion
Carrier: Metropcs

Thanks: 43
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredmh20 View Post
Well - I used the 3500 battery for the first time today. My stock would usually get me around 3-4hours of constant video watching. I got an additional 3.5ish hours today with the 3500, so it works at about 2x. I would have liked to see more then 2x since its more then twice the capacity.. Oh well - maybe after a few discharges

Something I noticed today though - after about 5hours the battery felt pretty hot. Like how my stock would feel when it was around 44C. Although, my temperature said it was only 33C, so I think these temperature apps can't do extended batteries.

Is anyone else noticed a hot battery but low temperature reading?
Not me. Battery and phone are nice and cool. I do not know about your stock battery as I got about 2-3 hours on normal use and that sure did not include video watching for more than a few youtubes.
4ubest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #135 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,077
 
Device(s): Kyocera Domino, Freeform II, Freeform III, LG Connect, LG Motion, Samsung Galaxy S III, OnePlus ONE
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 101
Thanked 232 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredmh20 View Post
Well - I used the 3500 battery for the first time today. My stock would usually get me around 3-4hours of constant video watching. I got an additional 3.5ish hours today with the 3500, so it works at about 2x. I would have liked to see more then 2x since its more then twice the capacity.. Oh well - maybe after a few discharges

Something I noticed today though - after about 5hours the battery felt pretty hot. Like how my stock would feel when it was around 44C. Although, my temperature said it was only 33C, so I think these temperature apps can't do extended batteries.

Is anyone else noticed a hot battery but low temperature reading?
im testing the battery with video streaming on 4g and the phone does indeed feel warm.

i'll have to look for an app that can give an accurate temperature reading on this extended battery.
THE W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #136 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,077
 
Device(s): Kyocera Domino, Freeform II, Freeform III, LG Connect, LG Motion, Samsung Galaxy S III, OnePlus ONE
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 101
Thanked 232 Times in 193 Posts
Default

so i just finished the streaming test where i was streaming a video the whole time on 4g with BGD and GPS on while being clocked at 1188mhz and i went from 100% charge to 5% in 3 hours and 50 minutes. about an hour and a half more than my stock battery.

im gonna run this test again tomorrow as i think that similar to the inaccuracy of the temp reader(the phone did get warm) i dont think the charge reader is accurate either.
THE W is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to THE W For This Useful Post:
pcflip (April 29th, 2012)
Old April 30th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #137 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brooksville/Spring Hill
Posts: 278
 
Device(s): Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 5, LG Motion
Carrier: Metropcs

Thanks: 43
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE W View Post
so i just finished the streaming test where i was streaming a video the whole time on 4g with BGD and GPS on while being clocked at 1188mhz and i went from 100% charge to 5% in 3 hours and 50 minutes. about an hour and a half more than my stock battery.

im gonna run this test again tomorrow as i think that similar to the inaccuracy of the temp reader(the phone did get warm) i dont think the charge reader is accurate either.
I agree that the temperature sensing may not be the most accurate but I do not know if the temp is recorded at the terminal end of the battery or the other side as I took several readings and they ranged from 32.4 at the top of the battery to 35.3 at the middle/bottom. In any event MUCH cooler than I was seeing with the stock battery.
4ubest is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #138 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,077
 
Device(s): Kyocera Domino, Freeform II, Freeform III, LG Connect, LG Motion, Samsung Galaxy S III, OnePlus ONE
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 101
Thanked 232 Times in 193 Posts
Default

so on my second test i go from 100% to 5% in 4 hours and 43 minutes. a little under and hour more. here's what i did:

i was streaming video for 95% of this time. i stopped periodically for a minute or two to respond to some important texts and to switch videos because what i was streaming was segmented into multiple youtube videos. for the latter 2 hours or so i had BGD and GPS turned off. just 4g.

i also noticed that while the phone was warm it wasnt as warm as when i had GPS and BGD running. i think the overheating is indeed a phone issue related to its firmware and that GPS and BGD contribute greatly to battery drain.

im gonna run this test again next weekend with GPS and BGD off the whole time and so what i get. for now on though, im not gonna leave those two things on. i dont use the GPS that much and the only reason i would need BGD is for the play store and i can just switch it on when i need it which is why i have toggle buttons for both.
THE W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #139 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 177
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 70
Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Default

BGD? I know what GPS is but what is BGD or is that some other way of saying Bluetooth?
pcflip is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #140 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 203
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE W View Post
so on my second test i go from 100% to 5% in 4 hours and 43 minutes. a little under and hour more. here's what i did:

i was streaming video for 95% of this time. i stopped periodically for a minute or two to respond to some important texts and to switch videos because what i was streaming was segmented into multiple youtube videos. for the latter 2 hours or so i had BGD and GPS turned off. just 4g.

i also noticed that while the phone was warm it wasnt as warm as when i had GPS and BGD running. i think the overheating is indeed a phone issue related to its firmware and that GPS and BGD contribute greatly to battery drain.

im gonna run this test again next weekend with GPS and BGD off the whole time and so what i get. for now on though, im not gonna leave those two things on. i dont use the GPS that much and the only reason i would need BGD is for the play store and i can just switch it on when i need it which is why i have toggle buttons for both.
what do you use to have a toggle button for BGD??????????
brian1984 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 30th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #141 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,077
 
Device(s): Kyocera Domino, Freeform II, Freeform III, LG Connect, LG Motion, Samsung Galaxy S III, OnePlus ONE
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 101
Thanked 232 Times in 193 Posts
Default

BGD = BackGroundData

i use widgetsoid to make toggle buttons that take me right to the BGD menu checkboxes.
THE W is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to THE W For This Useful Post:
pcflip (April 30th, 2012)
Old April 30th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #142 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 177
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 70
Thanked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE W View Post
BGD = BackGroundData

i use widgetsoid to make toggle buttons that take me right to the BGD menu checkboxes.
after I thought about it I was like hmm maybe thats Background Data lol cool good to know.
pcflip is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #143 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
crazyflow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 43
 
Device(s): Lg Connect
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

The stock battery for the connect is one of the worst I've seen. I'm thinking of getting the Qcell but can anyone using this battery tell me if a regular silicone case for this phone will fit?
crazyflow is offline  
Last edited by crazyflow; May 10th, 2012 at 12:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #144 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 91
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 31
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflow View Post
The stock battery for the connect is one of the worst I've seen. I'm thinking of getting the Qcell but can anyone using this battery tell me if a regular silicone case for this phone will fit?

Unfortunately no. This battery comes with a new back cover that essentially doubles the thickness of the phone. I wouldn't count on finding a good case for it.
DroidFan83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #145 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
crazyflow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 43
 
Device(s): Lg Connect
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidFan83 View Post
Unfortunately no. This battery comes with a new back cover that essentially doubles the thickness of the phone. I wouldn't count on finding a good case for it.
Awww thats too bad Is there another battery that would work with regular cases?
crazyflow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #146 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 91
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 31
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflow View Post
Awww thats too bad Is there another battery that would work with regular cases?

You'll find mention of a 1900mah and a 2430mah on here that are the standard size. People have reported decent results with the 1900, but the 2430 may not be defined with its genuine capacity.
DroidFan83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #147 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
THE W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,077
 
Device(s): Kyocera Domino, Freeform II, Freeform III, LG Connect, LG Motion, Samsung Galaxy S III, OnePlus ONE
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 101
Thanked 232 Times in 193 Posts
Default

bump

this thread needs to be stickied
THE W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:39 AM   #148 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default MS840 3850mAh battery

In case anybody is looking at trying one of these batteries, I have already done so, QCell MetroPCS LG Connect 4G MS840 3850mAh. Had it a little over a month in a LG Connect 4 phone. I do not use the phone much, maybe two hours over the course of a day. I have turned off a few services and by 10:00pm I will have on the average 30% remaining. I am a little disappointed about the battery life, but I guess I'm used to charging my previous phone every night. I have been having problems with this battery for a few weeks now. Out of the blue the phone will not turn on unless I remove the battery for about 15 seconds and then re-install. I had no problems like this with the standard battery that came with the phone. I'll see what the mfg. will do, but not expecting much. I'm currently looking for another extended battery. Just thought I would post my experience with this battery.
aintgot1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #149 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Do they sell just the back covers for the extended battery alone? I dropped mine a few days ago and cracked it, now I need a new cover. But I only see them bundled along with the battery.
zyzzy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #150 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
SIKESR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: East Bakersfield, Ca
Gender: Male
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G (stock) metro pcs
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to SIKESR elasikes0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey1331 View Post
2430* mah
How many hours are you getting from the battery and also the different types of usage you might have use the phone for?
SIKESR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Connect 4G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.