Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Esteem

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 6th, 2011, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
matter0ni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 133
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend, LG Esteem, Nexus 5
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 102
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Send a message via AIM to matter0ni Send a message via Skype™ to matter0ni
Default phone changes ringtones by itself randomly

well this is obnoxious and REALLY annoying. i think it started after i installed zedge? well anyway i uninstalled zedge and still my phone will use random ringtones. i dont have any apps doing this or anything, it just kinda started happening. i change the ringtone to something and within a day it will just use a random obnoxious ringtone and embarass me in public

anyone else get this problem? also randomizes notification ringtone. well its not random every time, but it changes it TO a random one and keeps it on that random one. ill go into settings->sound-> and change my tones but it has NO effect. wtf???

matter0ni is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 6th, 2011, 09:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 659
 
Device(s): Samsung Admire, Huawei Ascend, Lg Esteem MS910, LG Connect MS840, LG Motion 4G, GALAXY S3. MPCS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 100
Thanked 156 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matter0ni View Post
well this is obnoxious and REALLY annoying. i think it started after i installed zedge? well anyway i uninstalled zedge and still my phone will use random ringtones. i dont have any apps doing this or anything, it just kinda started happening. i change the ringtone to something and within a day it will just use a random obnoxious ringtone and embarass me in public

anyone else get this problem? also randomizes notification ringtone. well its not random every time, but it changes it TO a random one and keeps it on that random one. ill go into settings->sound-> and change my tones but it has NO effect. wtf???
well yah happens to me since its annoying i just moved my tone in the system media folder that way its not messing up it probably messes up due to internal memory or sdcard being mounted
dulal18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2011, 11:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
reilus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: At all points of space-time simultaneously per Copenhagen Interpretation, Quantum Mechanics
Posts: 668
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 (black; stock for now), Samsung Galaxy S4 (white; stock for now), LG Esteem (Ldrif
Carrier: T-mobile

Thanks: 446
Thanked 99 Times in 79 Posts
I no speaky with Googley.
Default

With my optimus, I noticed that whenever I would have ringtones on my on my sd card and plug my phone into my computer that my ringtone would change while my phone was plugged in. so I'm inclined to agree to this has something to do with mounting.
__________________
Thank you to developers, moderators, and members of these forums.

Please: be generous with that "thanks" button.
reilus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Prime85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 800
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 49
Thanked 198 Times in 137 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reilus View Post
With my optimus, I noticed that whenever I would have ringtones on my on my sd card and plug my phone into my computer that my ringtone would change while my phone was plugged in. so I'm inclined to agree to this has something to do with mounting.
^+1

That is most likely the problem
Prime85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
nailzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 438
 
Device(s): Samsung GS3 SCHR530, Hisense Sero 7 Pro (root)
Carrier: metroPCS

Thanks: 30
Thanked 64 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Ringtones, if they're custom, have to be located on the internal 4 gigs RAM in a folder named ringtones. If they're on the SD card the Esteem defaults to the built-in ringtones.
nailzer is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nailzer For This Useful Post:
marleynyc (January 12th, 2012), Pappy62 (December 10th, 2011)
Old December 8th, 2011, 04:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
matter0ni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Upstate SC
Posts: 133
 
Device(s): Huawei Ascend, LG Esteem, Nexus 5
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 102
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Send a message via AIM to matter0ni Send a message via Skype™ to matter0ni
Default

i figured it out. you have to go into apps->messaging->settings-> and then change the ringtone in THERE for it to actually change. doing so through apps->settings->sound does NOT work. What the hell!! Oh well its fixed now at least.
matter0ni is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 1
 
Device(s): T-Mobile Mytouch 4G V2.3.4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by matter0ni View Post
well this is obnoxious and REALLY annoying. i think it started after i installed zedge? well anyway i uninstalled zedge and still my phone will use random ringtones. i dont have any apps doing this or anything, it just kinda started happening. i change the ringtone to something and within a day it will just use a random obnoxious ringtone and embarass me in public

anyone else get this problem? also randomizes notification ringtone. well its not random every time, but it changes it TO a random one and keeps it on that random one. ill go into settings->sound-> and change my tones but it has NO effect. wtf???
Similar thing happens to me (T-Mobile MyTouch 4G 2.3.4). Basically, the ringtone is on the SD card, and it either isn't ready or is doing something else. You need to move the ringtone from the SD to the phone's internal memory.

When the phone boots up, sometimes the SD card isn't ready when the phone sets up all of the defaults. I found this to be more prevalent when I moved all of my apps to the SD card to free up system memory. Another issue that will cause this is when the phone is connected via USB to the computer. In that case, the computer has the SD mounted and the phone doesn't Two devices cannot have the SD card mounted. In this case, your ringtone is not available.

The solution is to move the ringtone to your phone's internal memory. There are two ways to do this. 1) Root the phone and move it via a file manager, or 2) Use a ringtone program to write the ringtone to the internal memory.

There are many tutorials on how to root your phone, but that wasn't really an option for me because I'm on 2.3.4 and would have had to downgrade to 2.2.1 and then root the phone.

I found that the program "Ringdroid" will actually write the ringtone to the internal memory. Basically, I copied the MP3 to the phone, and then opened it with Ringdroid. Then I hit save and selected "Ringtone" (you can also save as Notification, Alarm, or Music). Now the ringtone is always available!

Good Luck!
keitaberger is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to keitaberger For This Useful Post:
travioso (April 28th, 2012)
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 898
 
Device(s): (MetroPCS) LG Optimus L9 Stock Rooted, LG Esteem #2 3.01
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 263
Thanked 175 Times in 136 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keitaberger View Post
Similar thing happens to me (T-Mobile MyTouch 4G 2.3.4). Basically, the ringtone is on the SD card, and it either isn't ready or is doing something else. You need to move the ringtone from the SD to the phone's internal memory.

When the phone boots up, sometimes the SD card isn't ready when the phone sets up all of the defaults. I found this to be more prevalent when I moved all of my apps to the SD card to free up system memory. Another issue that will cause this is when the phone is connected via USB to the computer. In that case, the computer has the SD mounted and the phone doesn't Two devices cannot have the SD card mounted. In this case, your ringtone is not available.

The solution is to move the ringtone to your phone's internal memory. There are two ways to do this. 1) Root the phone and move it via a file manager, or 2) Use a ringtone program to write the ringtone to the internal memory.

There are many tutorials on how to root your phone, but that wasn't really an option for me because I'm on 2.3.4 and would have had to downgrade to 2.2.1 and then root the phone.

I found that the program "Ringdroid" will actually write the ringtone to the internal memory. Basically, I copied the MP3 to the phone, and then opened it with Ringdroid. Then I hit save and selected "Ringtone" (you can also save as Notification, Alarm, or Music). Now the ringtone is always available!

Good Luck!
Now for the noob question... Does it matter which folder I move them to or is there a specific folder? I didn't see a /Ringtones folder while browsing internal..
travioso is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mad Similar issue.. notification for facebook app changed randomly

My issue is similar but I am using default tones that came with my phone and the facebook app is randomly picking music out of the music folder for an alert tone and it plays the song all the way thru unless I touch the phone... this morning it was 2 doz fb notifies with "gone daddy gone" (Now I am sick of the song)

The apps I have are:
AAA Mobile (2.0.4)
ACE Elite (1.3.0)
AccuWeather (2.1.4)
AndChat (1.4.1 2012-07-27)
Android System Info (1.22.0)
Android-Sync (369)
Android-Sync Account (6)
Angry Birds (2.2.0)
App Dragon (1.22)
Application Stubs (1.0)
Aquarium Free (3.0)
Bank of America (4.0.50)
Barcode Scanner (4.2)
Boost Icon Pack (1.01)
Chrome to Phone (2.3.0)
Cloud Print (0.5.8)
Drive (1.1.4.12)
Dropbox (2.1.10)
EasyTether (1.1.3)
Facebook (1.9.9)
Firefox (15.0.1)
GEICO (2.1.0)
GPS Status (3.8.1)
Goggles (1.9)
Google Play Books (2.5.92)
Google+ (3.1.1.32879387)
IMDb (2.7.4.102740210)
KOMO News (1.21.0)
KeePassDroid (1.9.18.2)
Labyrinth Lite (1.5.2)
Merriam Webster (1.3)
Messenger (1.8.1)
MightyText (3.0)
MixZing (3.7.2)
NetSpend (1.3.0)
Night Vision Camera (1.1.3)
OSHA Heat Safety Tool (1.2)
Pandora (1.7)
Photobucket (1.5.7)
Police Scanner (11.7)
Poynt (1.3.2)
Pudding Camera (2.2.4)
Q13FOX (1.1)
QR Droid (5.2.1)
SCVNGR (3.5.7.SPR)
Safeway (1.4.0)
Seattle Times (1.1.2)
Sense Analog Clock (3.6.1)
Shazam (3.10.1-BB76101)
Speed Test (2.0.9)
StumbleUpon (2.8.6)
TeleNav GPS Navigator (6.1.6201406)
TripAdvisor (2.0.4)
Tutorial Widgets (1.05)
Ultrachron Lite (1.95)
Urbanspoon (2.1.9)
Voicemail (1.02)
Wikipedia (1.2.1)
Winamp (1.3.8)
XFINITY Connect (4.0.2)
XFINITY TV (1.6.0.004)
airG (1.2.8)
avast! Mobile Security (2.0.2750)
wheredroid (1.4.3)

My phone is a Boost/Sprint ZTE Warp with Gingerbread 2.3.5
nic42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

LG Esteem
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The LG Esteem is a high-end 4G Android 2.3 phone from small carrier MetroPCS. It's a 4.3 inch device with a 1GHz processor inside. There's also 512MB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, a 5 megapixel camera, a front-facing camera, an HDMI port... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Esteem
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.