Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Tablets > LG Eve

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 20th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
LJA
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thumbs down Goodbye Eve

After 4 monthsI have finally gave up on the eve, The touch pad on the bottom of the phone was driving me nuts, Constantly going back to the home screen at the slightest touch.. Slow , laggy, etc, etc....
I called Rogers and because of my tenure they allowed me an early HUP to the Xperia X10. The difference is like night and day.
If you get a chance, try one.

Advertisements
LJA is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LJA For This Useful Post:
Jay-Eff (August 23rd, 2010)
sponsored links
Old August 23rd, 2010, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Jay-Eff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Laval,Qc, Canada
Posts: 160
 
Device(s): Lg eve Android 1.6
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Humm I think I will give that a try.
thanks.
JF
Jay-Eff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
LJA
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

A week into the X10 still loving it, just download the latest firmware if you get the phone.
LJA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 11:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 36
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey man i did exactly what you did last Friday and i'm getting the phone tomorrow and i just wanna ask if you think it was worth it and does the x10 lag like the eve and did the android 2.1 come to the x10 yet?
thanks.
gherre is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Jay-Eff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Laval,Qc, Canada
Posts: 160
 
Device(s): Lg eve Android 1.6
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Default

How hard did you had to argue with them??
Jay-Eff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 02:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
LJA
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Cool

Compared to the EVE , no lag , no lockups, no nothing, the phone just works.. after the firmware update the battery is better and you have a backup app that lets you dump the whole phone onto your sim so if it blows up you just restore to a new phone. I do admit I am not a heavy user so the battery issues people seem to have may be worse then I have seen, but I just have not had any of the issues with the phone that other people have had.

No 2.1 yet but supposed to be coming In the fall

I didn't argue at all, I have been with rogers since they started as Cantel, I simply said very nicely the eve was the worst phone I have ever had , and could they HUP me to the X10. Sat on hold for a few minutes and they said because of my tenure they would pretend the first HUP never happened and I could have the X10. Try them on for size, I always call with a big smile on my face no matter how pissed I am and have always gotten what I want
LJA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 07:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 36
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

but if firmware 2.1 didnt come out then what firmware did you update to then if it start at 1.6?
gherre is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
LJA
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Firmware is not the same as android update, if you get the phone go to sony's site for the firmware upgrade, android update is due in the fall
LJA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Jay-Eff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Laval,Qc, Canada
Posts: 160
 
Device(s): Lg eve Android 1.6
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Well lucky you.

I just called rogers and I will have to wait until the phone goes out of warranty before I get any upgrade. Feb. 2011...

ooh well! at least I tried. lol
Jay-Eff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 07:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 101
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

i currently have the EVE and some of you have seen my thread on my issues i had. this is the worst phone for problems i have ever had with a cell phone in 16yrs (wish i knew i know now). i have been a rogers customer back in the days of cantel too got my first nokia bag phone in 1994 at a 'crazy' air time rate of 0.95c/min !! .my decision has still not changed,i will be moving to bell once my contract is done in early 2012. gee i wonder how much rogers will bend over backwards to keep me?
largecharge is offline  
Last edited by largecharge; August 30th, 2010 at 07:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 30th, 2010, 09:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 45
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by largecharge View Post
i currently have the EVE and some of you have seen my thread on my issues i had. this is the worst phone for problems i have ever had with a cell phone in 16yrs (wish i knew i know now). i have been a rogers customer back in the days of cantel too got my first nokia bag phone in 1994 at a 'crazy' air time rate of 0.95c/min !! .my decision has still not changed,i will be moving to bell once my contract is done in early 2012. gee i wonder how much rogers will bend over backwards to keep me?
lol you get some pretty good deals i just finished my contract and was going to switch but they upgraded me (3phones) too all smart phones i got a bb curve the eve and a moto back flip or a flip out or something all for free i just tried to get a different phone from them to replace the eve but they wouldnt budge ... the manager was a d**k too he tryed to sell me the acer liquid e for 430$ the stupid thing is i had a choice between the eve, xperia, magic and some nokia phone and i picked the eve because of the keyboard ... lol its broken 3 times in almost 4 months as well the last time i talked to them they told me that they weren't planing to release the os upgrade ne more
corypi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 03:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
LJA
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by corypi View Post
lol you get some pretty good deals i just finished my contract and was going to switch but they upgraded me (3phones) too all smart phones i got a bb curve the eve and a moto back flip or a flip out or something all for free i just tried to get a different phone from them to replace the eve but they wouldnt budge ... the manager was a d**k too he tryed to sell me the acer liquid e for 430$ the stupid thing is i had a choice between the eve, xperia, magic and some nokia phone and i picked the eve because of the keyboard ... lol its broken 3 times in almost 4 months as well the last time i talked to them they told me that they weren't planing to release the os upgrade ne more
They got me on the EVE back in December with an offer for 4 different phones, at the time there wasn't a whole lot out about the the Eve, so I took it, and yeah it's the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned by far, I now have the xperia X10 and I love it! A lot of people are having bad luck with it but I have never owned a better phone.
LJA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 04:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 45
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJA View Post
They got me on the EVE back in December with an offer for 4 different phones, at the time there wasn't a whole lot out about the the Eve, so I took it, and yeah it's the biggest piece of crap I have ever owned by far, I now have the xperia X10 and I love it! A lot of people are having bad luck with it but I have never owned a better phone.
i just exclated my complaint to the office of the president so well see where that gets me im trying for the x10 or acer liquid e
corypi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 06:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
LJA
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corypi View Post
i just exclated my complaint to the office of the president so well see where that gets me im trying for the x10 or acer liquid e
Good luck, Work your way to the top. I have always found if I am polite but firm I have always gotten what I want, In the past 10 years I have probably paid a total of $200.00 on phones and never paid the admin fee
Let us know how it works out.
LJA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 45
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJA View Post
Good luck, Work your way to the top. I have always found if I am polite but firm I have always gotten what I want, In the past 10 years I have probably paid a total of $200.00 on phones and never paid the admin fee
Let us know how it works out.
will do usually i get to customer realations management with rogers and they do it for me so this is the first time ive had to go past management but the lack of support for this phone is driving me nuts not to mention the continuous lies and broken promises im sure the phone would be 10x better with the os upgrade
corypi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 03:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 45
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

well after 3 days of fighting with the president and pointing out multiple form posts stating my problems he finally gave in i will be getting the acer for 19.99 and their letting me keep the lg lol i had to say that if i didn't see a resolution then i would be forced to cancel and switch to a different provider (all contracts cell cable net and home phone)
hope this helps any one
corypi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2010, 07:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
LJA
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Yup

Keep at them and you will usually get some sort of deal, congrats!!!

Wonder if we could sell all these EVES to the NHL as hockey pucks???
LJA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:54 AM   #18 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 45
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJA View Post
Yup

Keep at them and you will usually get some sort of deal, congrats!!!

Wonder if we could sell all these EVES to the NHL as hockey pucks???
i personally did like the phone it was just all the issues with it that made me run ill probbaly miss the key board but thats it ... i donno why there leting me keep the eve thats weird i forsure thought that they would make me return it .
corypi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Tablets > LG Eve
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.