Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Tablets > LG Eve

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 26th, 2009, 12:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): LG Eve - GW620R Samsung BlackJack i616 iPhone 3G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default LG Eve - no display

I hv been using LG eve for only 4 days & i found the screen freezes - there is no display - but keyboard & touch works ...I have faced it 4 times in last 4 days!!! this is really annoying.

you will receive msgs & other things - but the only problem is no display. had to restart it to fix the problem all the time...(pressing power button & guessing/touching where the confirmation prompt will show up)

I always turn on the gps & wi-fi.

is it a common problem or only my cell??

update: this is now happening frequently- it happened 6 times in last 30 mins!!!! expecting more to come...

Advertisements
zunnun is offline  
Last edited by zunnun; November 26th, 2009 at 12:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 26th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
x IF all IE IN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada, Alberta
Posts: 67
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Me and my girlfriend both got this phone on the same day and having the same damn problems. I'm thinking it might be because we are running a task killer app. Same one I used on my magic with no problems. We just deleted the task killerand ill update ya if you wanna know how it goes. Besides that idea I'm clueless, but its really annoying.
x IF all IE IN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 10:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): LG Eve - GW620R Samsung BlackJack i616 iPhone 3G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbram View Post
Me and my girlfriend both got this phone on the same day and having the same damn problems. I'm thinking it might be because we are running a task killer app. Same one I used on my magic with no problems. We just deleted the task killerand ill update ya if you wanna know how it goes. Besides that idea I'm clueless, but its really annoying.

I hv just got a new (replacement) phn (LG eve) from Rogers -went to the store twice (on 2 different days for this prob ) & finally they replaced my phn. i was lucky i could show the problem to roger store guys today - it happened again in the store today...

let me know if you got any clue/solution for this problem - i hv not tested the new one yet.

I guess LG's custom home screen is causing it - once i found it crashed. If i face it with this new phn - i may try the default android home screen ...& if it still happens...hv to dump this cell...

Thanks for your reply.
zunnun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2009, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
x IF all IE IN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada, Alberta
Posts: 67
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

So far since we botb ditched the task killer apps our phones have been bad ass. No problems since. Just an update.
x IF all IE IN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 01:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): LG Eve - GW620R Samsung BlackJack i616 iPhone 3G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbram View Post
So far since we botb ditched the task killer apps our phones have been bad ass. No problems since. Just an update.

the rogers guy did factory reset twice (cleaned all my installed apps) - & it happened twice without that task killer app (i had also downloaded that task/phn killer)!!
zunnun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 03:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunnun View Post
I hv been using LG eve for only 4 days & i found the screen freezes - there is no display - but keyboard & touch works ...I have faced it 4 times in last 4 days!!! this is really annoying.

you will receive msgs & other things - but the only problem is no display. had to restart it to fix the problem all the time...(pressing power button & guessing/touching where the confirmation prompt will show up)

I always turn on the gps & wi-fi.

is it a common problem or only my cell??

update: this is now happening frequently- it happened 6 times in last 30 mins!!!! expecting more to come...
You have to change the settings. The default for screen to black is like 10 seconds. There are options in the Settings>Display menu. I have mine set to 10 minutes (if you use that, or Never, for example, you use more battery life).
peter goesinya is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peter goesinya For This Useful Post:
Jay-Eff (February 24th, 2010)
Old November 28th, 2009, 04:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): LG Eve - GW620R Samsung BlackJack i616 iPhone 3G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter goesinya View Post
You have to change the settings. The default for screen to black is like 10 seconds. There are options in the Settings>Display menu. I have mine set to 10 minutes (if you use that, or Never, for example, you use more battery life).
That's no the problem.

The screen remains black all the time. This problem is not related to screen timeout...
zunnun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2009, 06:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Well, I was just trying to help.

Sorry to hear about your issue.
peter goesinya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 12:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): LG Eve - GW620R Samsung BlackJack i616 iPhone 3G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter goesinya View Post
Well, I was just trying to help.

Sorry to hear about your issue.
Thanks.
My new phone is still running without that problem (for 3 days) - may be that cell phn has that problem only!
zunnun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I've had this happen a few times as well. I have to take the battery off, put it back on, and wait a few minutes whilemy phone restarts.it always seems to happen when I'm receiving a call. Not very convenient.
daxproductions is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 30th, 2009, 04:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): LG Eve - GW620R Samsung BlackJack i616 iPhone 3G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxproductions View Post
I've had this happen a few times as well. I have to take the battery off, put it back on, and wait a few minutes whilemy phone restarts.it always seems to happen when I'm receiving a call. Not very convenient.
you should return ur phn & get a new one. This prob is really unacceptable.
zunnun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 08:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've had the same problem since my second day with this phone. It was pretty intermittent. When I called Rogers they told me it was a hardware problem. It quite all together on me today. They're sending me a new replacement.
Eurodobe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
pathwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): LG Eve, Blackberry 8700c
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to pathwalker
Default

I was thinking about getting the eve but after reading all these posts I'm very concerned about getting one?
pathwalker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2009, 09:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Same problem with LG Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathwalker View Post
I was thinking about getting the eve but after reading all these posts I'm very concerned about getting one?
I have had the LG Eve from Rogers for a week now. A day after I bought the phone, the screen locked up, as described here. I got a replacement phone. 3 days later it's now doing the same thing. Any help would be appreciated. I love the phone, and hope that it's a matter of adjusting some settings.
evanhooydonk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2009, 10:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I have contacted lg support and referenced this thread. I'll let you know what they say.
daxproductions is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to daxproductions For This Useful Post:
Jay-Eff (February 24th, 2010)
Old December 5th, 2009, 04:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I hope they have an answer. I'm now without a phone at all. And the new replacement Rogers sent out on November 24th is "lost in transit" and the LG Eve is out of stock. Bad omen? lol
Eurodobe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 02:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): LG Eve - GW620R Samsung BlackJack i616 iPhone 3G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanhooydonk View Post
I have had the LG Eve from Rogers for a week now. A day after I bought the phone, the screen locked up, as described here. I got a replacement phone. 3 days later it's now doing the same thing. Any help would be appreciated. I love the phone, and hope that it's a matter of adjusting some settings.
Have you tried using the Android Home instead of LG home. it's under utilities menu.

I have found LG Home program had some problem...crashed 2-3 times on my last phn.
zunnun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 06:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxproductions View Post
I have contacted lg support and referenced this thread. I'll let you know what they say.
Thank you! I'm keen to resolve this quickly.
evanhooydonk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 06:23 AM   #19 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have not yet, but will try, if you think it's worth a shot.
evanhooydonk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2009, 05:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Here's what they said:

Quote:
All LG phones carry a one year warranty. If your phone is within the one year please take it to your carrier’s local dealer to have it sent in for service. Please note that physical and moisture damage voids all warranties. If your phone is not covered under warranty, it can still be serviced at your expense by going to your nearest dealer.
daxproductions is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 7th, 2009, 05:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxproductions View Post
Here's what they said:
I got the same reply from LG today, as well. Not very helpful, as this is obviously a hardware issue. I spoke with someone at Rogers, and they suggested calling the Helpline at Rogers to see if they have a patch for this issue. That's my next step.
evanhooydonk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2009, 11:46 AM   #22 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): LG Eve - GW620R Samsung BlackJack i616 iPhone 3G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This phn is not stable yet.... my phn still crashes in every 2-3 days...not sure whether the h/w or the s/w is causing this...
zunnun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2009, 12:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Greetings to all.
I am in France, I just got the LG GW 620 "Eve" from a french provider.
I am having the exact same problem: Sometimes I cannot "wake" the phone from standby. The screen's backlight turns on but not the screen itself. This has happened even with a well charged battery. Another french user had the same "crashes" even before installing any app from the Market...

Apparently LG is not thinking in upgrading this phone to Android 1.6 or 2.0. (I contacted them on The LG GW620 Smartphone )

I think I will return the phone to my provider... but I am afraid that they might give me a replacement phone that will have the same crashes...

Has your providers (Rogers) given you any patches for the phone?

This is a shame, because otherwise this phone is great...
saowsaow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2009, 01:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saowsaow View Post
Greetings to all.
I am in France, I just got the LG GW 620 "Eve" from a french provider.
I am having the exact same problem: Sometimes I cannot "wake" the phone from standby. The screen's backlight turns on but not the screen itself. This has happened even with a well charged battery. Another french user had the same "crashes" even before installing any app from the Market...

Apparently LG is not thinking in upgrading this phone to Android 1.6 or 2.0. (I contacted them on The LG GW620 Smartphone )

I think I will return the phone to my provider... but I am afraid that they might give me a replacement phone that will have the same crashes...

Has your providers (Rogers) given you any patches for the phone?

This is a shame, because otherwise this phone is great...
I have not yet called my provider, Rogers, as the phone has been stable - with no crashes - for over a week now. I didn't do anything different to the phone. I'm still going to call Rogers for support, just to see if they have any advice, in case the problem re-occurs. Good luck!
evanhooydonk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 09:46 AM   #25 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm at my second LG phone with Rogers and still have the same issue. This might be a problem with android (see hero sleep problem and http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4582).

The phone will randomly not wake up from sleep, only a back light will light up. The phone features seem to work (i can hear the click sound when pressing on the hardware picture button, and can take a phone call by pressing the menu button) but it is impossible to see anything on the screen until battery is pulled out and phone is rebooted.

I have android 1.5
with
Open Home (same problem with dxtop, and more often with dxtop)
Locale
TasKiller
Astra

Does anyone have a phone with no apps installed running the default android home. I would like to confirm that this is still a problem.
Thx!
qwaszx is offline  
Last edited by qwaszx; December 14th, 2009 at 09:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 10:55 AM   #26 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hello Qwaszx.
Apparently it also happens to a French user (Giuseppe) right here: (French website) Test du LG GW620
He does not have any apps installed. But the problem only occurs to him when the phone is charging.

Now concerning my phone: I didn't return the phone to my French provider because it would take months before they give me a replacement... (service is not as good as in Canada aparently).

So I did a full Reset. And didn't install any apps. No "standby crashes" for 48 hours... but this morning I was connected on WiFi... the phone went to standby because I left it there for 30 seconds... and when I woke it up, the WiFi was not connected anymore (aparently going to standby turns off the Wifi!) and suddenly Black Screen with Linux commandlines... and "press volume down to reboot"...

All this is annoying... The phone is great but if I can't trust it... I hope LG will make an upgrade... I wrote to the French LG Support Site.

If Rogers gives you a patch, please let me know!
Qwaszx, I will try to run the phone for a few more days without installing apps, will let you know if the "standby crash" happens again, or even that black screen thing with command lines...

Bye!
saowsaow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 03:56 PM   #27 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwaszx View Post
I'm at my second LG phone with Rogers and still have the same issue. This might be a problem with android (see hero sleep problem and Issue 4582 - android - Screen not waking up durng call accepted from sleep - Project Hosting on Google Code).

The phone will randomly not wake up from sleep, only a back light will light up. The phone features seem to work (i can hear the click sound when pressing on the hardware picture button, and can take a phone call by pressing the menu button) but it is impossible to see anything on the screen until battery is pulled out and phone is rebooted.

I have android 1.5
with
Open Home (same problem with dxtop, and more often with dxtop)
Locale
TasKiller
Astra

Does anyone have a phone with no apps installed running the default android home. I would like to confirm that this is still a problem.
Thx!
I'll let you know if Rogers give me a patch when I call. My phone has been working perfectly for about 10 or 11 days now, with none of the issues described above. Fingers crossed, it'll stay like this ....
evanhooydonk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2009, 09:22 PM   #28 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My guess is the proximity senor is screwing up i have had the phone for 2 weeks and it dose it once or twice a day
kiiiddd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2009, 07:32 AM   #29 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiiiddd View Post
My guess is the proximity senor is screwing up i have had the phone for 2 weeks and it dose it once or twice a day
Thank you. I'll discuss with Rogers when I call. As you can see, I'm not having the issue right now ....
evanhooydonk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 09:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hello again.

My French provider does not give me any good answers.

I still have the Bug randomly, when the phone is in standby mode. It is even more frequent if I let the phone going to Standby while the Wifi is ON. But the Bug also occurs when connected in HSPA or EDGE. Or even without a SIM Card in the phone...
(BUT I didn't have the Bug for several days when leaving the phone without a SIM card and using very little Wifi... so I guess it has to do with the Wireless protocols.)

Even after my Total Factory Reset the Bug still occurs.

Has anyone managed to get some advice from Rogers? Or any hints on how to solve this anoying problem?

Thanks in advance.

And by the way... Happy Holidays to all!
saowsaow is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:16 PM   #31 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 17
 
Device(s): LG Eve - GW620R Samsung BlackJack i616 iPhone 3G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saowsaow View Post
Hello again.

My French provider does not give me any good answers.

I still have the Bug randomly, when the phone is in standby mode. It is even more frequent if I let the phone going to Standby while the Wifi is ON. But the Bug also occurs when connected in HSPA or EDGE. Or even without a SIM Card in the phone...
(BUT I didn't have the Bug for several days when leaving the phone without a SIM card and using very little Wifi... so I guess it has to do with the Wireless protocols.)

Even after my Total Factory Reset the Bug still occurs.

Has anyone managed to get some advice from Rogers? Or any hints on how to solve this anoying problem?

Thanks in advance.

And by the way... Happy Holidays to all!
I have also found the same prob with wi-fi. If i switch on-off wi-fi frequently the phn freezes.
I have also faced some prob with sd-card - the phn complains it cant access it or cant find it. after re-inserting the sd-card - everything is normal!!! weird !! happened only 3-4 times...
zunnun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #32 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hello to all. I am back with good news.
I called LG once more. They told me that now there is a firmware update!
When entering the secret menu (by calling 3845#*620# ) and clicking Version Info, I had the version GW620-V10b but now the V10c is available.
The french LG update tool is available here:
LG Mobile
Click on "Telecharger".
Install the software, I think you can install it in english. Click on "mise à jour". Double click on GW620... follow the instructions, be patient... and there you have an updated phone, without loosing your data (backup before doing this, just in case).
Tell me if this helps, I hope it does.
Since I did this, (about 6 hours ago) I did not had any black screen bug, or any spaces that appear after the cursor instead of before. And the screen appears to come out of standby in a more gentle way, so there has definitively been an update to the software part that manages the screen.
This phone is back on the track, it's great again!
Can someone that never had the standby black screen bug go to the hidden menu (3845#*620#) and tell me if his software version was already the v10c ? Just for curiosity.

Best regards to all.
(Sorry for my English, I'm French, and wrote this in a hurry to keep you posted.)
saowsaow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #33 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): LG Eve, Blackberry Bold
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default V10c

Just checked our phone from Rogers and it does have version 10c. It's been working great from day one with no screen issues.
blairis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 02:15 PM   #34 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saowsaow View Post
Hello to all. I am back with good news.
I called LG once more. They told me that now there is a firmware update!
When entering the secret menu (by calling 3845#*620# ) and clicking Version Info, I had the version GW620-V10b but now the V10c is available.
The french LG update tool is available here:
LG Mobile
Click on "Telecharger".
Install the software, I think you can install it in english. Click on "mise à jour". Double click on GW620... follow the instructions, be patient... and there you have an updated phone, without loosing your data (backup before doing this, just in case).
Tell me if this helps, I hope it does.
Since I did this, (about 6 hours ago) I did not had any black screen bug, or any spaces that appear after the cursor instead of before. And the screen appears to come out of standby in a more gentle way, so there has definitively been an update to the software part that manages the screen.
This phone is back on the track, it's great again!
Can someone that never had the standby black screen bug go to the hidden menu (3845#*620#) and tell me if his software version was already the v10c ? Just for curiosity.

Best regards to all.
(Sorry for my English, I'm French, and wrote this in a hurry to keep you posted.)
Hello je suis francais aussi et je n'arrive pas a faire la mise a jour

Apres telechargement et mise a jour il me dit de synchroniser avec Activesync et avec ce logiciel mon portable n'est pas reconnu..

Peut tu m'aider ?

Merci d'avance
samioc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 08:35 AM   #35 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

@ Blairis: Thank you, so this was it. Maybe someone can mark this thread as "solved" or something?

@ Samioc: Je n'ai jamais dû installer ActiveSync. Juste le logiciel de mise à jour LG dont j'ai donné le lien. Dans ce logiciel as tu bien clické "sur démarrer la mise à niveau" puis double clické sur le nom LG GW620? Sinon je pense que tu vas devoir appeler le support technique LG France.
saowsaow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #36 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

oui mais apres tu fais quoi quand les pilotes LG USB sont telechargé?

Parce que c'est apres pour la mise a jour logicielle qu'il me dit d'utiliser Activesync

Merci pour ton aide

Samioc
samioc is offline  
Last edited by samioc; January 7th, 2010 at 02:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 03:34 PM   #37 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

(sorry for using french on this forum, just trying to help Samioc)

Désolé Samioc, moi j'ai juste suivi les instructions du logiciel de mise à jour LG, ça a installé l'espèce de driver USB Modem pour pouvoir communiquer avec le GW620, et ensuite ça a commencé la mise à jour et mis automatiquement mon téléphone en mode Emergency. Je n'ai jamais rien lancé d'autre que le logiciel de LG. Appelles LG, ils m'avaient dit de les rapeller si j'avais un problème pour faire la mise à jour. Je pense qu'ils pourront te guider pas à pas. En France, par téléphone au 3220, dites "LG" puis tapez "1".
saowsaow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:09 PM   #38 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Super ça y est merci beaucoup pour ton aide, j'ais pas eu de plantage depuis hier soir

Merci pour l'entraide continuons comme ça!!

I'm giving some informations if i have another crash after my upgrade to V10C

Bye
samioc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 08:58 PM   #39 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 71
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Hi Everyone - This is Mary with Rogers. I was referenced to this forum via Twitter and wanted to check in.

Are these problems being resolved? Have you called Technical Support? They should be able to help troubleshot.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks
Mary
RogersMary is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:23 AM   #40 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hi Mary,

Thanks for replying here! I think a lot of us are still having this problem. I have the discussed V10c and I still have these crashes often. I usually don't notice that it's happened until I receive a call, which I can't answer, and I can't even check the message for another few minutes because I have to restart the phone.

I've been in touch with tech support twice. The first time, they told me I could send my phone in for repairs... but I can't be without a phone, and people have seen this issue on phones when they've been issued a brand new replacement, so I considered this option unacceptable. The second time, the tech support told me "well, its a new phone and they often have problems." Well I'm glad rogers is happy to stand behind devices that "often have problems." He also told me to check rogers.com in case a software update comes out, but nothing yet.

Mary, can you contact LG about this? I've been in touch with their tech support and both people I talked to didn't even know this phone existed. I'm not faulting Rogers for this... I believe it's LG's responsibility to release a product that works properly. So maybe you can push for a software update??

And maybe a 2.0 or 2.1 update????

Thanks so much!

D
daxproductions is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 13th, 2010, 04:17 AM   #41 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi everybody !

I'm a french user too, and as samioc, I tried to update the software to the v10c, without success. I recognized saowsaow as a french user too, who has posted in french forum too (Georges-André, isn't it ?).

My question is mainly for samioc, as I have exactly the same issue, with the Activesync thing... So, in french :

samioc, peux-tu m'expliquer comment as-tu réussi à passer en v10c ?
Au moment de cliquer sur "mise à jour logicielle", une fenêtre grise apparaît, te mettant en garde sur l'éventuelle perde de données, puis en cliquant sur suivant, un message d'erreur te dit de démarrer Activesync. Est-ce bien ça ?
Et ensuite, si tel est le cas, comment as-tu fait pour passer en v10c ? Tu as appelé LG ? Ils t'ont donné une autre marche à suivre ?

Merci d'avance pour ta réponse.
Thanks for all.

Perlu
Perlu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: VanCity
Posts: 209
 
Device(s): Why can't I su - ? Oops my phone got no root!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Right now there's no way to tell if it's the hardware issue or the software issue. The phone seems to freeze randomly. Sometimes it freezes when you surf the net and listen to music at the same time. Sometimes it freezes when you wake up in the morning. There's definitely an issue with the LG Eve phone. I am getting a new replacement in the next few days and will followup.
Andy2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #43 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlu View Post
Hi everybody !

I'm a french user too, and as samioc, I tried to update the software to the v10c, without success. I recognized saowsaow as a french user too, who has posted in french forum too (Georges-André, isn't it ?).

My question is mainly for samioc, as I have exactly the same issue, with the Activesync thing... So, in french :

samioc, peux-tu m'expliquer comment as-tu réussi à passer en v10c ?
Au moment de cliquer sur "mise à jour logicielle", une fenêtre grise apparaît, te mettant en garde sur l'éventuelle perde de données, puis en cliquant sur suivant, un message d'erreur te dit de démarrer Activesync. Est-ce bien ça ?
Et ensuite, si tel est le cas, comment as-tu fait pour passer en v10c ? Tu as appelé LG ? Ils t'ont donné une autre marche à suivre ?

Merci d'avance pour ta réponse.
Thanks for all.

Perlu
Hello

Salut Perlu (ça rime)
Bah en fait au debut j'avais un Probleme avec activesync et en insistant sans l'aide activesync je crois que j'ai bidouillé le parametrage du telephone au niveau de la carte mémoire et desactivé wifi bt et enfin je suis allez sur le site pour installer le prog de mise a jour qui telecharge les pilotes USB Modem (j'avais desactiver le stockage de masse USB au prealable) et apres avoir demarrer la mise a niveau et ça s'est lancé ! BINGO

voila tiens moi au courant

A+

Good luck for everyone !!
samioc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 03:21 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: VanCity
Posts: 209
 
Device(s): Why can't I su - ? Oops my phone got no root!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samioc View Post
Hello

Salut Perlu (ça rime)
Bah en fait au debut j'avais un Probleme avec activesync et en insistant sans l'aide activesync je crois que j'ai bidouillé le parametrage du telephone au niveau de la carte mémoire et desactivé wifi bt et enfin je suis allez sur le site pour installer le prog de mise a jour qui telecharge les pilotes USB Modem (j'avais desactiver le stockage de masse USB au prealable) et apres avoir demarrer la mise a niveau et ça s'est lancé ! BINGO

voila tiens moi au courant

A+

Good luck for everyone !!
Sorry Me no speak French.
Andy2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #45 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersMary View Post
Hi Everyone - This is Mary with Rogers. I was referenced to this forum via Twitter and wanted to check in.

Are these problems being resolved? Have you called Technical Support? They should be able to help troubleshot.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks
Mary
It seems like it's something software/driver-related. Since it's happening for both French (France) and Canadian users I have to assume that it's a problem with LG's Android 1.5 image and not something easily corrected with a call to tech support (whose only solution so far appears to be replacement of the hardware, which hasn't proven to be a valid fix yet).

I would suggest an inquiry into the problem by Rogers' or LG's Android software development group and a bug-fix firmware release ASAP.

I don't use the phone myself, or I would attempt to provide debug logs.

Other reports:
http://androidforums.com/lg-eve/30356-lg-eve-wont-turn.html
http://www.howardchui.com/2009/12/18/lg-eve-review/ ("For one, the Eve would sporadically freeze or not wake up giving me a Black Screen of Death. The only way to get around it was to physically remove the battery which made it frustrating to use.")

Additionally, the SD-card issue is likely software as well, and I've witnessed it occur multiple times in a week:
LG EVE - sd card not mounted
litui is offline  
Last edited by litui; January 13th, 2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Added links to other reports
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 07:34 PM   #46 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey everyone I just joined the forums in an attempt to help out with this issue.

I've been having the screen issue as wel, and it's completely random for me. I tired unistalling and reinstalling apps and have learned that that's not the issue. I switched to the android homescreen and so far so good. I'll keep you posted if that doesn't work.

Also should note I'm on Rogers and running v10c.
igth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:34 AM   #47 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey everyone no luck with the android default screen. It helps but doesn't solve the probleAnyone have any luck with anything else?
igth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 09:51 AM   #48 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by igth View Post
Hey everyone no luck with the android default screen. It helps but doesn't solve the probleAnyone have any luck with anything else?

I fixed it, but it requires some linux/ubuntu know hows, so i'll state it here anyways for anybody who knows what they're doing.

we simply had a corrupt ROM in our phones. What I did was backup my system using Nandroid on my Ubuntu partition (has to be linux at the moment, can't do it on windows) and then I had two other partitions that I got from xda, system.img and boot.img. and then rebooted in fastboot mode (Turn phone on, wait 2-3 seconds, press space) and did:

"fastboot erase system" and repeated with all the other partitions to wipe the phone clean.
and then "fastboot flash boot boot.img" and "fastboot flash system system.img" and got the phone back to factory settings and that LED screen going black when i return from standby was fixed !

I even reinstalled all the apps I had on my phone before the format and the phone has been up for about a week without a single battery pop !

I got Nandroid-eve and the other tools from the thread over at xda.

Please only do this if you know what you're doing, and do it at your own risk.
madmack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:17 PM   #49 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack View Post
I fixed it, but it requires some linux/ubuntu know hows, so i'll state it here anyways for anybody who knows what they're doing.

we simply had a corrupt ROM in our phones. What I did was backup my system using Nandroid on my Ubuntu partition (has to be linux at the moment, can't do it on windows) and then I had two other partitions that I got from xda, system.img and boot.img. and then rebooted in fastboot mode (Turn phone on, wait 2-3 seconds, press space) and did:

"fastboot erase system" and repeated with all the other partitions to wipe the phone clean.
and then "fastboot flash boot boot.img" and "fastboot flash system system.img" and got the phone back to factory settings and that LED screen going black when i return from standby was fixed !

I even reinstalled all the apps I had on my phone before the format and the phone has been up for about a week without a single battery pop !

I got Nandroid-eve and the other tools from the thread over at xda.

Please only do this if you know what you're doing, and do it at your own risk.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE EMail your solution to the Tech support people!!!

Also, can you post a step by step with commands on how you did it for us intermediate geeks who can follow directions?
Keener is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 08:21 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 101
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

i got my phone approx 3 weeks ago and was told by rogers that this was fixed by lg on the last batch. so i hope i'm in the latest batch (fingers crossed)
largecharge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Tablets > LG Eve
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.