Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Lucid 2
LG Lucid 2 VS870

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wiisixtyfour

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 7th, 2013, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): LG Lucid 2 (VS870)
Carrier: Verizon

Default Why can't apps be moved to sd on LG Lucid 2????

I finally got root on my lucid 2. I thought it would allow me to finally be able to send apps to sd, but still no option for this. Is there anyway possible to move these apps???

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old May 7th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): LG Lucid 2 (VS870)

This is what the app manager says
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1367953068369.jpg (63.4 KB, 37 views)
Old May 7th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Message is SIC!

Device(s): ZTE Warp - Rooted - n00b VIII.II {Wife and I both have this setup} {Retired/Backup} Samsung Preva
Carrier: Boost Mobile

What is the need to move apps to the sd card? You've already got a decent amount of internal storage.

On that note, your internal shows as an sd card if you haven't noticed. It might not recognize it as internal
Old May 12th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-I435, LG Lucid 2 VS870, LG Lucid VS840 running CM10, Coby Kyros MID7015B

If the Lucid 2 works like the Lucid then the internal storage is already mounted as /sdcard/ so basically it is telling you that it won't copy to the SD card [internal storage].
SicFreak likes this.
Old July 27th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): {LG Lucid 2 - Stock (rooted and debloated)}{Samsung Admire, OA2.3} {LG Optimus S, Rawrzilla CM9}

PSXNetwork420@gmail.com

I know this is old, but maybe some will benefit. Yeah, the Lucid 2 has a large internal "SD," but still, its always good to keep internal storage open for web downloads and stuff. I, personally, use Link2SD. You partition your SD card in CWM with at least 1-2Gb and then when you open Link2SD after booting, follow the directions. After its set up, I go to User Apps and then select all and then Create Link. After that, go into the settings and set it to automatically link new apps. BAM! Good to go. Hope this helps
Old August 14th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Verizon LG VS870 4G

Default Storeage on SD(0) vs Internal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SicFreak View Post
What is the need to move apps to the sd card? You've already got a decent amount of internal storage.

On that note, your internal shows as an sd card if you haven't noticed. It might not recognize it as internal
I keep getting messages that my internal storage is low. I move as much as I can to SD(0) or Dropbox and still get warnings, after a bit. Dows this sound reasonable?
Old August 14th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): Verizon LG VS870 4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredBloodlin View Post
I know this is old, but maybe some will benefit. Yeah, the Lucid 2 has a large internal "SD," but still, its always good to keep internal storage open for web downloads and stuff. I, personally, use Link2SD. You partition your SD card in CWM with at least 1-2Gb and then when you open Link2SD after booting, follow the directions. After its set up, I go to User Apps and then select all and then Create Link. After that, go into the settings and set it to automatically link new apps. BAM! Good to go. Hope this helps
I like the sound of this answer. Depending on some more information. Do you store your apps somewhere other than the internal, and set the link to that location? Otherwise I do not see a benefit here.
Old September 1st, 2013, 08:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I use an app called DirectoryBind. Root is required.
It lets you move whatever you want to physical SD card. No need for partitioning and no need for CWM (is there even a working CWM for Lucid 2?).
The hardest part is getting the settings to survive a reboot, but once it does, you're golden. I found I had to enable the alternate database mgmt to get settings to stick.
Old November 19th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-I435, LG Lucid 2 VS870, LG Lucid VS840 running CM10, Coby Kyros MID7015B

Going along with solutions to this problem I used the app External 2 internal ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.codlab.int2ext )
Make sure the internal mount point is /storage/sdcard0 and external mount point is /storage/sdcard1 then the external device access is /dev/block/vold/179:33
Then you just push the button and it should remount the internal as external and vice versa.

EDIT: Actually that didn't solve the problem because it is still detected as emulated storage.. But still useful for apps to save data to. I used it to trick Grand Theft Auto 3 to install.
Last edited by wiisixtyfour; November 19th, 2013 at 05:57 PM.

Buy the LG Lucid 2
LG Lucid 2

The LG Lucid 2 is an affordable handset coming to Verizon's network. It features humble specs for 2013, but it will surely get the job done for the money conscious. Inside you will find features like a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB of RAM a... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Lucid 2