Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Lucid 2
LG Lucid 2 VS870

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 9th, 2013, 06:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): LG Lucid 2
Carrier: Verizon

Notsure Had it a week, and it's "bricked" 4 times

Not really sure what's going on, did a quick search and no one else seems to be having this problem. The phone is pretty new so....

I ordered the Lucid 2 as my free upgrade on Verizon, to replace my Xperia Play, which I hated, and my wife's old Droid Incredible, which I was using because I hated my Xperia.

At first I was in love. For the first hour or so I had it working it was great. I was a but annoyed by the tips that pop up (haven't found a way to disable them, yes I'm running it in standard mode since I'm not a smart phone noob), but other than that I was very impressed.

Then, while setting up some things, and downloading a few apps (tweetdeck, instagram, etc. Nothing odd) the phone wouldn't turn back on. Battery was full. Tried to plug it into the charger anyways and nothing. Not even the status light came on. Had to pull the battery, reassemble, then it turned on just fine. Was good for a few days. Tuesday night it happened again while I was asleep. Then again Wednesday while at work. And again last night.

I called Verizon and they're sending me a new replacement (had one more day before that program ended and I'd get a refurb phone, if there are any even available yet).

Any ideas on what might be causing this? The only thing I can think of is I went into the developer options, which it tells you changing things may make the phone unstable, and selected the "screen never times out when charging", or whatever its called. I turned that off a little while ago, I'll see if it makes a difference.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto X, LG Optimus V
Carrier: Verizon, Virgin Mobile

Overheating? If you were on the charger each of those times, or it had been in heavy use in the heat and right after charging.

Just a thought. Because my screen dimmed, with a popup saying it was being dimmed by the system because it was too hot, one time when using GPS with the phone in a silicone case and in an auto mount that had a full back. Maybe these phones don't cool well.
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Message is SIC!

Device(s): ZTE Warp - Rooted - n00b VIII.II {Wife and I both have this setup} {Retired/Backup} Samsung Preva
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Heat is a very likely cause on this phone. I have noticed it gets very hot, very quickly. I'm not sure why, but it does... And yes that'll cause the phone to shut down just like a laptop
Old May 12th, 2013, 07:38 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I had it happen to me once time I was at a movie and i took the phone out of my pocket and it was really warm and had a temperature warning on the screen and I have no idea what caused it but it didn't turn off or anything and I reset it and all is good.
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Overheating? If you were on the charger each of those times, or it had been in heavy use in the heat and right after charging.

Just a thought. Because my screen dimmed, with a popup saying it was being dimmed by the system because it was too hot, one time when using GPS with the phone in a silicone case and in an auto mount that had a full back. Maybe these phones don't cool well.
Nope, not heat related. It had been happening overnight not on the charger, or just sitting on my desk at work. I have gotten it hot, but the only thing that happened was reduced screen brightness. I do have a soft case on it, but like I mentioned, its not getting warm when it crashes.
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Dp

Buy the LG Lucid 2
LG Lucid 2

The LG Lucid 2 is an affordable handset coming to Verizon's network. It features humble specs for 2013, but it will surely get the job done for the money conscious. Inside you will find features like a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB of RAM a... Read More

Tags
brick, issue, lucid 2, problem

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Lucid 2