Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Lucid 2
LG Lucid 2 VS870

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Is there an extended battery for the Lucid2?

I'm considering buying this phone, but I'd like to know if there's an extended battery available. According to LG Lucid 2 | Digital Trends Reviews, there is, but I can't find it anywhere on the net.

Anyone know?

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old May 24th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): droid razr (screen broken), lg lucid 2 (current), nexus 7 32 GB,
Carrier: Verizon

I dont really think there is that much of a need for one since you can just buy another battery of equal size to keep on hand. Plus, compared to my old droid razr the battery on the lucid 2 seems to be crazy long lasting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nikguy For This Useful Post:
brigand (May 24th, 2013)
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Moto X, LG Optimus V
Carrier: Verizon, Virgin Mobile

I've never seen an extended battery nor an extended battery cover on the lg site, nor on Verizon Wireless, nor in any other reviews.

Unless you're in an area in which the phone will signal hunt, and you keep GPS and everything on all the time, there's hardly the need. The Lucid 2 is driving lesser pixels than most of today's phones, and already has a large standard battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to jj2me For This Useful Post:
brigand (May 24th, 2013)
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks for the replies.

My HTC Incredible, which I've had for 3 years, is dying, so I need to get a new phone pretty soon. The only thing I really care about is that the new phone can more or less do what my DInc did, and, has excellent battery life. (I bought a 3500mAh extended battery for my DInc, and I absolutely loved not having to EVER worry about whether I had enough juice or not).

Right now I'm considering:

LG Lucid 2 (free)
Droid Incredible 4G LTE (free)
Pantech Marauder (free)
Samsung Galaxy Stellar ($20)
Droid Razr M ($50)

Priority is battery life- I definitely don't need the latest and greatest smartphone gadgetry. Mainly going to use it for light web browsing, email, texting, calendar/organization, mp3 player, google maps, occasional GPS. It will almost never be used for games or video.

Any recommendations out of these?
Last edited by brigand; May 24th, 2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Here's the Phonescoop side-by-side comparison.

I only know about the comparison of the similarly sized and spec'd Razr M and the Lucid 2, which I eventually purchased. In short:

Both have:
- dual core processor
- 8 GB of storage
- 1 GB of RAM
- micro-SD slot
- no app-to-SD capability

Razr M has:
- international radios
- NFC
- Apt-X bluetooth codec (wired-like quality when paired with headphones/speakers that support Apt-X)
- more substantial look and feel (somewhat subjective, but most say this).

Lucid 2 has:
- removable battery
- wireless charging (with optional and bulkier wireless charging back)
- full-time 4.3" screen (Razr M's 4.3" screen is occluded at the bottom by about 0.3" most of the time by its virtual navigation buttons).

If the non-replaceable battery of the Razr M is a concern, I saw once on the Motorola site a charge of something like $53 to install a new battery, which is quite a fair deal if they still offer it when your battery starts dying. Though you might not like being without your phone for the replacement time, nor sending your phone with your personal info to Motorola.

Personally, I chose the Lucid 2 because I knew I wouldn't like anything less than a full-time 4.3" screen, love wireless charging, and strongly prefer a removable battery. I miss most the Apt-X codec of the Razr M, though.

You might get more knowledgeable responses if you also ask this in the Device/Carrier Comparisons sub-forum of the Android Lounge forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to jj2me For This Useful Post:
brigand (May 24th, 2013)
Old May 25th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): droid razr (screen broken), lg lucid 2 (current), nexus 7 32 GB,
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Here's the Phonescoop side-by-side comparison.

I only know about the comparison of the similarly sized and spec'd Razr M and the Lucid 2, which I eventually purchased. In short:

Both have:
- dual core processor
- 8 GB of storage
- 1 GB of RAM
- micro-SD slot
- no app-to-SD capability

Razr M has:
- international radios
- NFC
- Apt-X bluetooth codec (wired-like quality when paired with headphones/speakers that support Apt-X)
- more substantial look and feel (somewhat subjective, but most say this).

Lucid 2 has:
- removable battery
- wireless charging (with optional and bulkier wireless charging back)
- full-time 4.3" screen (Razr M's 4.3" screen is occluded at the bottom by about 0.3" most of the time by its virtual navigation buttons).

If the non-replaceable battery of the Razr M is a concern, I saw once on the Motorola site a charge of something like $53 to install a new battery, which is quite a fair deal if they still offer it when your battery starts dying. Though you might not like being without your phone for the replacement time, nor sending your phone with your personal info to Motorola.

Personally, I chose the Lucid 2 because I knew I wouldn't like anything less than a full-time 4.3" screen, love wireless charging, and strongly prefer a removable battery. I miss most the Apt-X codec of the Razr M, though.

You might get more knowledgeable responses if you also ask this in the Device/Carrier Comparisons sub-forum of the Android Lounge forum.
The removable battery is really what sold me. When my droid razr's battery wore out, it was a huge hassle to replace. Now i just can pop in a new one when ever I want.

But please tell me more about what i need to wireless charge. I would like to do that as well.
Old May 28th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikguy View Post
The removable battery is really what sold me. When my droid razr's battery wore out, it was a huge hassle to replace. Now i just can pop in a new one when ever I want.

But please tell me more about what i need to wireless charge. I would like to do that as well.
You'll need two optional pieces:

1. wireless charging back, $40 retail, though LG shows it for $30.
This back has these downsides:
- bulkier, makes the phone thicker.
- the longer sloping sides make the phone slippery. I put a piece of invisible shield on the back to make it grippier.
- the phone won't charge in the desktop charger with this back on.
- no available cases made for the phone with this back, though a cheap silicone case (not TPU) will sorta stretch enough.

2. wireless charging pad, like the $40 LG WCP-300, or the LG WCP-700 (great, but it beeps so you don't want to use it for overnight charging near your bedside [EDIT: previous about beeping is incorrect. No beeps other than the initial beep when charging the Lucid 2]), or the Nokia DT-900. I'd probably go for the WCP-300, for its portability (it's A/C connection is micro USB, so the extra you'd need to carry vs. your micro USB charger is just that little puck).
Last edited by jj2me; June 20th, 2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old June 18th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): LG Lucid 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

The battery life is pretty good. I personally only need to charge it every other day. I would suggest an external power pack rather than an extended battery, if anything. You get up to 3 charges and can be used with ANY phone! Only $20 on Amazon.

Buy the LG Lucid 2
LG Lucid 2

The LG Lucid 2 is an affordable handset coming to Verizon's network. It features humble specs for 2013, but it will surely get the job done for the money conscious. Inside you will find features like a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB of RAM a... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Lucid 2