Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Lucid 2
LG Lucid 2 VS870

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 7th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default SD Card removed unexpectedly, help!

So pretty much, since yesterday, hooking up my phone to my computer, i've had serious problems with my micro SD card. It is a SanDisk 32g class 4 and I've had it for awhile now previous to the Lucid 2. I've had my Lg Lucid 2 for about two months now, and my sd card being removed happened only a few times, but consistently within the past 24 hours the SD card doesn't stick and can't be read. It gets scanned for files, then it is removed, then almost immediately scanned for files, then removed unexpectedly. This has happened almost immediately after I was done with using it on my computer for transferring my music over.

So far I've reformatted the micro SD card on my PC, then I've factory reset my phone. Now the SD card is totally not read, and plugging my phone into my computer, my PC can't detect the SD card through the phone, but the SD card can be seen with a card reader. And checking now, there is now a LOST.DIR file created on it, so now I'm even more confused.

I'm not the most tech savvy, but is there anything else to do, or is buying another SD card the solution? Is there a way to know if it's the SD card problem or my phone problem?

Any help would be most excellent.

Last edited by shaheemie; August 8th, 2013 at 12:01 AM.
sponsored links
Old September 6th, 2013, 04:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): LG G2 (VS980), LG Lucid Prepaid (VS840PP), HTC Bee
Carrier: Verizon Wireless, Straight Talk

I've heard of sandisk 32GB micro sd cards doing this, I believe people who had those issues got a defective sd card, so you could try contacting Sandisk support and see what they say. I'm betting they will want you to rma it. Good luck! Oh wait this thread is like a month old, darn it, ah well.

Buy the LG Lucid 2
LG Lucid 2

The LG Lucid 2 is an affordable handset coming to Verizon's network. It features humble specs for 2013, but it will surely get the job done for the money conscious. Inside you will find features like a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB of RAM a... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Lucid 2