Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Lucid 2
LG Lucid 2 VS870

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 24th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default USB problems when connecting to Mac

This is the first time I've tried to connect this Lucid 2 to my Mac, and I'm getting very annoying/non productive results. Basically, I connect the device to my mac and get the "checking for PC drivers" screen when I try to access the USB menu. It clearly states to skip this step if you're using a mac, so I hit "skip" and get the message "connected as an installer" in my notification bar. The phone then immediately goes back into "checking for PC drivers" mode, and this time, when I hit skip, the menu crashes and takes me back to home screen, and "connected as an installer" again displays on my notification bar.

If I leave the phone alone from this point, every 30 seconds the phone vibrates, gives me the installer message, and opens a "cd rom" on my mac that is just an about file explaining how usb autorun is supposed to function on a windows machine. This is VERY annoying, I basically can't connect my phone to my mac at all, even to charge.

Also, I cannot select other modes when this happens, I get locked out of the menu to select MTP or PTP or charge only (because of the Checking for PC drivers screen).

When I disconnect the USB and change to "charge only" in settings, it makes no difference, connecting to Mac overrides this setting and it goes back to MTP mode and the eternal "connected as an installer" loop.

I don't have root on this device (I have a thread up asking for help on the last Lucid 2 I tried rooting….nice and bricked, that one) so I can't edit system files.

Anyone know anything?

sponsored links
Old November 24th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
AF Contributor

Device(s): Note3 stock (so far) been replaced. Working great so far.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,349 Posts

First, I'd try to get a 2-wire USB cable. Then, at least, you'll be able to charge the phone from the Mac. (Unless you're okay with always using the charger.)

As far as the initial problem, I gave up on Apple when they broke every single program ever written for the Mac (there was a written guarantee that they wouldn't) by switching CPU families with no port path.
Old November 24th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-I435, LG Lucid 2 VS870, LG Lucid VS840 running CM10, Coby Kyros MID7015B
Carrier: Verizon

I've had the same issue and I dont know a fix, I just use Bluetooth to transfer files or use my Windows PC

Buy the LG Lucid 2
LG Lucid 2

The LG Lucid 2 is an affordable handset coming to Verizon's network. It features humble specs for 2013, but it will surely get the job done for the money conscious. Inside you will find features like a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB of RAM a... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Lucid 2