October 23rd, 2012, 08:05 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Middle Georgia USA
Device(s): Lg Ally rooted velocity 1.2.2
Lg Lucid rooted ICS 4.0.4
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 22 Times in 14 Posts
A few tips and hidden things in ICS
Ok while looking around I stumbled across a few good tricks/tips in ICS.
1. Go to settings/about phone/software information and rapidly press/tap the Android Version - a image of ICS Android shows up, now press and hold the screen for him to grow, after the fourth or fifth "growth" it switches to flying ICS Androids. Just tap screen to exit.
2. Long press an image in the browser to set it as your wallpaper.
3. Most annoying is the auto add shortcuts that happens when you install an app - to stop it just go to Google Play App - settings tab and uncheck the Auto Add Widgets.
4. There is supposed to be a "custom rejection text" that you can set. Wait for a call and then "ping" the lock screen up to access the custom rejection message area - after it's set if you reject a call it's supposed to send the "rejection text" to the caller.... (not tried yet by me but supposed to be in ICS)
5. Goto settings/power saver and check the Battery Percentage to show battery percent left in the notification bar next to the battery.
Please add other Tips/Tricks/Hidden features that you find.