Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Marquee

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 20th, 2012, 03:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): Lg Marquee
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Any issues or concerns with LG Marquee

Hey everyone want to hear first hand from users that have had the phone for quite sometime and if they are experiencing any issues with this phone minor or major and would you highly recommend this phone to everyone. Also wanted to add is there really a noticeable difference in speed between the LG and ZTE warp.

Advertisements
nybadboy6 is offline  
Last edited by nybadboy6; February 20th, 2012 at 03:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 20th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northern IL/Southern WI
Posts: 24
 
Device(s): Samsung Prevail as Tablet, Rooted FA19 CTMod 3.3 KK1.4; LG Marquee as Tablet, Rooted Stock; Motoro
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 26
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I've had mine for a few weeks now. I came from the Prevail, and it's kind of a mixed bag from that. The one major thing the Prevail has going for it over the Marquee is the developer community, but hopefully that will come soon to the Marquee. My biggest issue with the Marquee is the Bluetooth performance. It has an intermittent "crackle" to it. Not so much that it disrupts conversation, it's just kind of annoying. As a truck driver, I rely heavily on my Bluetooth headset, so it's quite annoying for me, but not enough to make me switch back to my Prevail. I have a Blue Parrot headset, so it's not some cheapo unit, and it worked perfectly with the Prevail, so I'm pretty sure it's the phone. Aside from that, I'm happy with the Marquee for the most part.
SnyperTodd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 265
 
Device(s): I lost count
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 79 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Already shipped mine back to lg for a warranty replacement so im going to see how that goes if not then im probably just going to go sprint, or att contract and just get a better device! I had problems with my zte warp, got my refund back, went to a boost store and got the marquee. Constant reboots, and turns off when on charger and doesn't charge at all! Boost store wont give me a refund or a exchange called boost mobile and they say i have to go to lg, lg says that boost store and boost are lying SOB and that if they don't give you a new device or refund back you need to sue them ASAP.....yea i know how that goes, so i sent it to lg to get a replacement marquee. Should get something this friday or saturday i hope! I been in the prepaid game for a while now, and after:

Two motorola triumph
lg esteem
samsung prevail
zte warp
lg marquee

Only thing good about all of that is i was able to get my money back EXCEPT for the marquee! You may pay cheaper but also your paying for what you get in return....Horrible customer service, rushed devices that if taken time on SHOULD have been worthy, no offense but foreign speaking CS rep who have no knowledge and sound like robot reading the scripts they are given, and run around from the stores and business companies that just want your money and when you have problems go "IDK"


If you get a WORKING warp or marquee then ya its worth the money, but if your in my shoes paying extra 30-40 a month for better CS, better devices, and ACTUAL customer services, and not be PHONELESS for week sounds good right about now!

off my rant box and good luck!
903Tex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): Lg Marquee
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 903Tex View Post
Already shipped mine back to lg for a warranty replacement so im going to see how that goes if not then im probably just going to go sprint, or att contract and just get a better device! I had problems with my zte warp, got my refund back, went to a boost store and got the marquee. Constant reboots, and turns off when on charger and doesn't charge at all! Boost store wont give me a refund or a exchange called boost mobile and they say i have to go to lg, lg says that boost store and boost are lying SOB and that if they don't give you a new device or refund back you need to sue them ASAP.....yea i know how that goes, so i sent it to lg to get a replacement marquee. Should get something this friday or saturday i hope! I been in the prepaid game for a while now, and after:

Two motorola triumph
lg esteem
samsung prevail
zte warp
lg marquee

Only thing good about all of that is i was able to get my money back EXCEPT for the marquee! You may pay cheaper but also your paying for what you get in return....Horrible customer service, rushed devices that if taken time on SHOULD have been worthy, no offense but foreign speaking CS rep who have no knowledge and sound like robot reading the scripts they are given, and run around from the stores and business companies that just want your money and when you have problems go "IDK"


If you get a WORKING warp or marquee then ya its worth the money, but if your in my shoes paying extra 30-40 a month for better CS, better devices, and ACTUAL customer services, and not be PHONELESS for week sounds good right about now!

off my rant box and good luck!
so you were having rebooting issues and charging issues with the Marquee.
nybadboy6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 265
 
Device(s): I lost count
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 79 Times in 51 Posts
Default

yes
903Tex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Louisiana
Gender: Female
Posts: 209
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Virgin & Boost

Thanks: 23
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 903Tex View Post
yes
wow, i was thinking about going to the marquee or triumph from the warp due to the Constant rebooting and freezing. seems like I'll be paying more with the marquee for the same issues....did the triumph have those issues??
Kg198202 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 12:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 265
 
Device(s): I lost count
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 79 Times in 51 Posts
Default

My triumph ran good ONCE i installed cm7! To me i feel like a device shouldnt need a custom rom to...WORK! Also my gps on the triumph was garbage! Never worked. A known problem with the triumph is the gps, and the build quality isnt worth the 300 dollar tag price! Warp has better build quality overall looks than the triumph.


The lg esteem, the best phone in the prepaid world right now! Two things you have to consider cause this phone is on METROPCS.......

1. if you have 4g lte in your area...if not then DON'T even consider the lg esteem! Waste of money! 1x is not something you want to be stuck under for data speeds...TRUST!

2. Metro coverage is kinda, well its sucks if you travel. Make sure you live in a good metro coverage area before even thinking about metro. Me in texas metro footprint is pretty good! so what's the problem tex? its the 4g lte footprint that crap! Ok i can go 10 minutes down the road and be stuck to slow 1x data! then keep going on for 5 minutes and have 1 bar of 4g lte! But on metropcs coverage map i SUPPOSE to be surrounded by 4g lte! The 4g lte data speeds are very nice not verizon fast (some have posted speed test getting 40mbs with verizon!) But fast for a cell phone use and your paying half the cost! So if metro has a strong 4g lte coverage and you want a good phone the lg esteem is that! CS is horrible, but better than boost mobile!




The warp is more responsive than the marquee. But using a different launcher solved the jumpiness when going screen to screen. The marquee has a Texas Instrument omap 3630(yes the same as the texas instrument calculator) is pretty decent, the warp second gen scorpion snapdragon processor is snappier. Games played better (not meaning angry birds) on the warp than the marquee. Games like pes 2012, samurai 2, shadowgun, ran with a lil lag on the marquee, while all these games run SMOOTH on the warp. GP riptide wouldn't work on the marquee but runs FLAWLESSLY on the warp!

The marquee screen and build quality is night and day over the warp. Am im saying the warp has bad build quality? Not really, but you can put both of them side by side and see why the marquee is more. The marquee doesn't feel like a prepaid phone, the warp does.

The marquee has a front facing camera 2.0mp but the quality is not what i expected from a 2mp camera. the transform ultra vga front facer looks the same as the marquee so don't think that 2mp going to make a big difference!

All and all the warp and the marquee are not bad phones, its all finding one in working condition. overall i like the marquee over the warp, but if you want a phone for development NEITHER of these phones would even cross your radar! If that's what your seeking the triumph and esteem are what you looking for!
903Tex is offline  
Last edited by 903Tex; February 21st, 2012 at 12:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 903Tex For This Useful Post:
jackbquick123 (March 29th, 2012)
Old February 21st, 2012, 01:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Louisiana
Gender: Female
Posts: 209
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Virgin & Boost

Thanks: 23
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 903Tex View Post
My triumph ran good ONCE i installed cm7! To me i feel like a device shouldnt need a custom rom to...WORK! Also my gps on the triumph was garbage! Never worked. A known problem with the triumph is the gps, and the build quality isnt worth the 300 dollar tag price! Warp has better build quality overall looks than the triumph.


The lg esteem, the best phone in the prepaid world right now! Two things you have to consider cause this phone is on METROPCS.......

1. if you have 4g lte in your area...if not then DON'T even consider the lg esteem! Waste of money! 1x is not something you want to be stuck under for data speeds...TRUST!

2. Metro coverage is kinda, well its sucks if you travel. Make sure you live in a good metro coverage area before even thinking about metro. Me in texas metro footprint is pretty good! so what's the problem tex? its the 4g lte footprint that crap! Ok i can go 10 minutes down the road and be stuck to slow 1x data! then keep going on for 5 minutes and have 1 bar of 4g lte! But on metropcs coverage map i SUPPOSE to be surrounded by 4g lte! The 4g lte data speeds are very nice not verizon fast (some have posted speed test getting 40mbs with verizon!) But fast for a cell phone use and your paying half the cost! So if metro has a strong 4g lte coverage and you want a good phone the lg esteem is that! CS is horrible, but better than boost mobile!




The warp is more responsive than the marquee. But using a different launcher solved the jumpiness when going screen to screen. The marquee has a Texas Instrument omap 3630(yes the same as the texas instrument calculator) is pretty decent, the warp second gen scorpion snapdragon processor is snappier. Games played better (not meaning angry birds) on the warp than the marquee. Games like pes 2012, samurai 2, shadowgun, ran with a lil lag on the marquee, while all these games run SMOOTH on the warp. GP riptide wouldn't work on the marquee but runs FLAWLESSLY on the warp!

The marquee screen and build quality is night and day over the warp. Am im saying the warp has bad build quality? Not really, but you can put both of them side by side and see why the marquee is more. The marquee doesn't feel like a prepaid phone, the warp does.

The marquee has a front facing camera 2.0mp but the quality is not what i expected from a 2mp camera. the transform ultra vga front facer looks the same as the marquee so don't think that 2mp going to make a big difference!

All and all the warp and the marquee are not bad phones, its all finding one in working condition. overall i like the marquee over the warp, but if you want a phone for development NEITHER of these phones would even cross your radar! If that's what your seeking the triumph and esteem are what you looking for!
thanks for the reply!! i got the warp almost two weeks ago, a few days ago i started experiencing the rebooting alot! the thing that bothered me the most with that is its rebooting during my phone calls....i can't exchanged it because bb hasn't had it in stock since i bought it. the things i like about the triumph is the camera quality, speaker volume , and the Warranty that VM offers. we don't have metro here unfortunately . and again thanks.l!
Kg198202 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 138
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

The phone is a little slow. That's my second biggest gripe. My main problem is the horrible battery life. I was on a 4.5 hour drive and had to use GPS. Plugged into the charger, my phone died 3 hours into the trip. I'm getting one of those monster sized batteries soon. I refuse to do ridiculous stuff to squeeze extra minutes outta my phone.
ChampN252 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2012, 04:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lMonsterl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: U.S.
Posts: 1,313
 
Device(s): | Galaxy SIII-d2spr | CM10 |
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 209
Thanked 603 Times in 310 Posts
Default

the phone is just a little laggy for the processor speed and startup can take a little longer then it should. once we load a debloated, deodex'd, slimmer rom, we should be golden. everything else about the phone i enjoy, this is coming from a prevail.
__________________
Like what u see? Hit "Thanks"
------------------
Donations Appreciated! PAYPAL
GitHub
lMonsterl is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lMonsterl For This Useful Post:
Bionic Chronic (February 23rd, 2012)
sponsored links
Old February 23rd, 2012, 02:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bionic Chronic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 645
 
Device(s): LG LG855 Marquee (Boost Mobile) -Rooted- CWM v5.0.2.8 - Unleashed Marquee v3.2.1 1.3GHz OCK w/ UV -
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 158 Times in 119 Posts
Bionic.Chronic420
Default

I enjoy my Marque.. have had it almost a month now. As far as cons go for me.. I would say it was slow until I rooted it and removed bloatware. Though once a better rom comes along as |Monster| was saying that should make it a lot better. Another thing I notice is that Now and again I have issues with my status/notification pull down bar crashing and then having to restart. I am hoping this could possibly be fixed with a new rom as well but, I am not sure if that is just something defective on my device. I also agree as far as battery power goes.. I thing 1500mAh is a little to moderate and thnk they could have went with a 2000mAh battery. I ordered an 1800mAh battery and hope it helps, if not at least I have to batteries to trade out. As a long time prepaid boost customer I always recommend the extra $5/mo. for insurance. Especially on more expensive devices. If something happens, it is only $100for a replacement. Other than those few minor things I really like this phone.
Bionic Chronic is offline  
Last edited by Bionic Chronic; March 1st, 2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Change proce of Insurance deductible
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bionic Chronic For This Useful Post:
kevindroid (March 15th, 2012)
Old February 24th, 2012, 04:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 138
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Yeah, I signed up for insurance the same week I got mine
ChampN252 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 265
 
Device(s): I lost count
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 34
Thanked 79 Times in 51 Posts
Default

I was told by arusion that insurance is 100 for the lg marquee? How are you getting it for 35?
903Tex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 12:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bionic Chronic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 645
 
Device(s): LG LG855 Marquee (Boost Mobile) -Rooted- CWM v5.0.2.8 - Unleashed Marquee v3.2.1 1.3GHz OCK w/ UV -
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 158 Times in 119 Posts
Bionic.Chronic420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 903Tex View Post
I was told by arusion that insurance is 100 for the lg marquee? How are you getting it for 35?
Thanks for pointing that out to me.. I just checked that out. I was told on the phone by a rep that was how much my deductible was. I went from the Samsung Rant to the LG Marquee and only thing I can think of is that is where got my info from. I am sure it is $100. I kinda figured it was to good to be true, lol.
Bionic Chronic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 138
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I'm doing the $5 a month thing with Boost. Couldn't hurt.
ChampN252 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Bionic Chronic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 645
 
Device(s): LG LG855 Marquee (Boost Mobile) -Rooted- CWM v5.0.2.8 - Unleashed Marquee v3.2.1 1.3GHz OCK w/ UV -
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 93
Thanked 158 Times in 119 Posts
Bionic.Chronic420
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampN252 View Post
I'm doing the $5 a month thing with Boost. Couldn't hurt.
I agree. Kinda sucked to find out it is a $100 deductible, though i would rather pay $100 for a new device than $300.. So I suppose its a better than nothing scenario.
Bionic Chronic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Droidula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, rooted, HTC Evo V, stock Sense 3.6 / ICS 4.0.3, rooted, S-off
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 15
Thanked 33 Times in 24 Posts
Default

I came to Boost from Virgin Mobile for the Marquee. I agree with everyone about the phone being slow/laggy and having a bad battery life. Mine is dead in maybe 6-8 hours with light use. That's ridiculous. If it would have a better battery, I would like it a lot more and put up with the slower feeling processor speed. There are some screen responsiveness issues but again, would deal with it if it weren't for the battery. I was wondering if it was just my phone since a lot of other people / reviews seem to love theirs and don't all mention the battery. I am exchanging mine to see if it helps. I noticed that cell standby and time without a signal seem to be pretty high under battery usage, so I am wondering if the phone was built badly, and that is the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Chronic View Post
I would say it was slow until I rooted it and removed bloatware. Though once a better rom comes along as |Monster| was saying that should make it a lot better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Chronic View Post
I also agree as far as battery power goes.. I thing 1500mAh is a little to moderate and thnk they could have went with a 2000mAh battery. I ordered an 1800mAh battery and hope it helps, if not at least I have to batteries to trade out.
I haven't rooted a phone before but maybe I should try this. Which bloatware did you remove from the Marquee to make it faster? Any recommendations of where to look for a guide or instructions for simple rooting and removing bloatware? (I saw a subforum here for rooting the Marquee, but wasn't sure if there's a better guide somewhere. Also...sorry for all the questions, but would rooting the phone wipe all my info and apps?) Please post if the extended battery helps. I was thinking of trying that too, but wasn't sure...does that make the battery not fit, and then I need to search for a new back cover?

ETA: I also noticed that my web speed on Boost is a lot slower than with Virgin. Don't know if it is like that in general though, or if it's the phone. I assumed it would be the same since they have the same parent company.
Droidula is offline  
Last edited by Droidula; February 29th, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 04:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lMonsterl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: U.S.
Posts: 1,313
 
Device(s): | Galaxy SIII-d2spr | CM10 |
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 209
Thanked 603 Times in 310 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidula View Post
ETA: I also noticed that my web speed on Boost is a lot slower than with Virgin. Don't know if it is like that in general though, or if it's the phone. I assumed it would be the same since they have the same parent company.
first things i got rid of were mobile id and boost zone. Then email and browser because i use different apps. Theres a bunch that can be removed if you never use them, such as live wallpapers.

boost is the same as sprint, if you are getting bad speeds (root first) then look into these: v6 supercharger, 3g turbocharger, 4g vocoder, and updating your PRL.
lMonsterl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Droidula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, rooted, HTC Evo V, stock Sense 3.6 / ICS 4.0.3, rooted, S-off
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 15
Thanked 33 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lMonsterl View Post
first things i got rid of were mobile id and boost zone. Then email and browser because i use different apps. Theres a bunch that can be removed if you never use them, such as live wallpapers.

boost is the same as sprint, if you are getting bad speeds (root first) then look into these: v6 supercharger, 3g turbocharger, 4g vocoder, and updating your PRL.
Thank you. If I remove mobile ID, am I able to put a new icon in its place on the dock on the homescreen? I have been using launcher pro because having it there is annoying.
Droidula is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lMonsterl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: U.S.
Posts: 1,313
 
Device(s): | Galaxy SIII-d2spr | CM10 |
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 209
Thanked 603 Times in 310 Posts
Default

Not sure, I use adw launcher
lMonsterl is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 2nd, 2012, 06:48 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 138
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidula View Post
ETA: I also noticed that my web speed on Boost is a lot slower than with Virgin. Don't know if it is like that in general though, or if it's the phone. I assumed it would be the same since they have the same parent company.
My speeds got much fastest when I switched over. I even got better service everywhere, even 450 miles away when I visit my gf.
ChampN252 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 12:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Droidula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 362
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, rooted, HTC Evo V, stock Sense 3.6 / ICS 4.0.3, rooted, S-off
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 15
Thanked 33 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampN252 View Post
My speeds got much fastest when I switched over. I even got better service everywhere, even 450 miles away when I visit my gf.
Have you done a speedtest?
Droidula is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2012, 07:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 138
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I've been told that's not accurate for real world usage. I can get most vids that aren't massive to stream skip free.
ChampN252 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #24 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I bought the Marquee as my first Android phone. I came from a clamshell and I haven't activated my Marquee through Boost. I'm just using it as a multimedia device for the time being so I can get the feel of a smartphone if I will even like it or not. After the first few days I can honestly say that I really enjoy the experience that a nice mobile OS provides and what you can do with it. However I have a few issues with this particular phone.

The phone is incredibly slow. You can use an app called SystemPanel which monitors the cpu usage of running apps to verify if anything is slowing it down. BoostZone and Mobile ID do not take any cpu % usage in the state that I'm in since the phone isn't activated. Perhaps once you have it activated and running on the network then it may be different. The sad thing is that even with it being off the network, it runs horribly slow even when there are no apps using up the cpu.

I've disabled all Syncing and Notifications yet the phone in general is very sluggish. I've tried all the browsers out there and Opera Mini appears to be the only good one since it doesn't run Flash and only loads the images when you hover over them. Once you scroll beyond the image then it takes it out of memory. It appears much faster than Dolphin Mini as well. The regular versions of the browsers load the entire page including flash and images which greatly slow it down although they give you a much better browsing experience. You can't do that by default using the Marquee because it's just a slow phone.

I am by no means picky or anything, but this is the first droid phone I've actually owned and I will most certainly be returning it. It diffidently is not up to my expectations of what a smartphone is supposed to be. When I goto the big stores and use the dual core phones on T-Mobile like Lg 2gx or Sensation, it's a world of a difference compared to this single core phone.

I guess I wanted to give Boost a shot since they have the potential of $40 a month for unlimited everything. Although I am looking into the idea of using certain Sprint phones on Boost network like the HTC Evo.
OblivionLord is offline  
Last edited by OblivionLord; March 15th, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 138
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I'm glad you brought that up. I think it could be the processor being unoptimised. At another forum, someone said it was bad gpu drivers which makes lots of sense to me. If you're into PC gaming and a game is unoptimised for your processor or you have bad gpu drivers, you get effects like this.

On another note, I went in best buy and tried the Note. That's the fastest phone I've ever held. I seriously almost signed up for a contract. I go to sleep at nights thinking about it
ChampN252 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 45
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 19
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Slow, slow, slow. That's the main and worst issue of this phone. I am sad I blew my upgrade on Sprint for this phone. Other issues that make this phone a questionable choice (at least in comparison to my previous phones):

* Poor reception
* Poor battery life (probably related to the poor reception)
* Poor call sound quality

Oh, and

* SLOW

I'm hoping that a custom rom will help. I tried the speed tweaks but didn't really see an improvement.
Krasher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 138
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

well, I went back by and I love the phone, but not the plans. Unlimited talk, text, and 5 gigs is somewhere around 130-140. My girlfriend has a phone with sprint and got unnecessary stuff knocked off and cut 30 or 40 dollars. Still a lot considering we can almost do the same thing at half the price. AT&T network is king here thou, so I gotta think about it
ChampN252 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:34 AM   #28 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): LG-LG855 Marquee
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to garcyveg garcyveg
Default

I switched from the Galaxy Prevail to the LG Marquee and had the phone for about 2 wks now. I really like the phone overall, tho I am experiencing a major issue with the messaging. A few days after I bought the phone I would a receive a text msg, but not be able to respond... it's just stays on sending indefinitely! Only had a few apps installed (Comodo Mobile Security, Skype, File Manager, Face Book, Tagged and preloaded apps). I performed a hard reset to see if it would resolve my issue, which it did, but sadly a day or so later the problem was back with only preloaded apps on the phone. I figured maybe a custom rom may correct the problem, so I rooted, installed CWM and Marky Beats v1.1.21 custom rom which is awesome and the problem was gone... at least for day or two. Is anyone else having this issue or have a fix for this? Any help is appreciated! thanks...
garcyveg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
asadullah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: casselberry
Posts: 448
 
Device(s): Sprint Hero, Optimus v, lg marquee, nexus s
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 251 Times in 112 Posts
Default

Sprint has an update that's rolling out that is supposed to fix some issues. For instance phone freezing up during a call. Don't hold me to it but I'm downloading cm7 for the optimus black and gonna try and port it. unfortunately don't know how long it will take since I'm in a hotel with very slow download speeds and have tried three times and failed to complete the download.
asadullah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 11:08 AM   #30 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): LG-LG855 Marquee
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to garcyveg garcyveg
Default

Lg-Lg855 Marquee BoostMobile

Ok, here's what seems to be happening with my phone... The sms seems to be working fine, however, whenever I install an app that can remote locate, lock, ring your phone (Comodo, Lookout, Where's My Droid, etc..) that's when the sms gets stuck for some reason! Any suggestions besides not to use these security apps?

Quote:
To get it MMS to work: download aLogcat (free) from market. Open it and start the log. Hit the "home" button on the phone and go to dialer and enter ##3282# then hit "advanced" hit "view". Then hit the back button on your phone and go to "data profile" hit "edit" and enter 000000. It will say it is wrong, hold the home button and switch back to aLogcat and pause it. Hit "filter" and type msl

After you get that 6 digit code, go to ##3282# hit MMSC, edit, enter your msl, then change the address to http://mm.myboostmobile.com

Hit back and your done, you may need to reboot
Thanks Monster, you are awesome!!!!!!!!!! Solved the issue with mms, So I'm great there, but still wondering about those apps and the sms effect!
garcyveg is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 31st, 2012, 02:27 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
lMonsterl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: U.S.
Posts: 1,313
 
Device(s): | Galaxy SIII-d2spr | CM10 |
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 209
Thanked 603 Times in 310 Posts
Default

I use android lost. Never had problems

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
lMonsterl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 08:11 PM   #32 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Sometimes gets hot, slow or non-existent 3G, low volume

While I am very happy with this phone and it is loads better than my old Blackberry Curve, I do have a few issues and maybe someone can help me with some or all of them.
While it's charging and I'm using it at the same time (usually listening to music at work or as GPS / music player in the car), the phone will sometimes get quite hot, usually around the 110 - 115 F mark, once it got to about 120 F and a heat warning came up, telling me to unplug it.
3G is spotty at best (and I live in a fairly big city), but that may be Boost and not the phone, but it can be aggravating dealing with speeds not seen since my dial-up days.
And my other gripe is the volume. In noisier environments, it is often difficult to hear the person on the other end using the handset (haven't tried Bluetooth yet) and when I plug it into the AUX jack on my home or car stereo, I have to crank the power up to about 1 & 1/2 times what I used to use with my Blackberry.

Are there any solutions (apps or accessories) to solve any of these issues?
SKMarqueeUser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

LG Marquee
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The LG Marquee is Sprint's version of the LG Optimus Black. It's a sleek and thin phone and Sprint's angling it toward those who make their purchase decisions based on fashion. Even with that, it's still quite a capable phone with a... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Marquee
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.