Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Marquee

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By wetbiker7
  • 2 Post By Jay Aristide
  • 1 Post By liemjerry
  • 1 Post By liemjerry

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 9th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
liemjerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default [Wan To Ask] A Few Question about LG Marquee

Dear Friends,

I want to know a few things about LG Marque to explore this device more :

1. How to turn on LG Marquee without click the upper-power button ? Maybe we can turn on from sleep from 4 touch screen controls below, what setting I must take?

2. How to manage application, so we can categorize application, games, etc...

3. How to apply new Theme, does we can go straight to theme applicator, what we must do?

4. Can I update this Device to ICS ?

5. How to set every application we download always store on MicroSD Card?

6. How to make the date and day appear on homescreen, not just on lock-screen ?

Thanks for your attention...

regards,
Jerry

Advertisements
liemjerry is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 9th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
wetbiker7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: So-Cal
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,296
 
Device(s): SamsungGalaxy S3, LG Marquee, Asus TF300T 32GB w/ dock, SamsungGalaxy Prevail
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 1,918
Thanked 3,252 Times in 2,151 Posts
Default

1. How to turn on LG Marquee without click the upper-power button ? Maybe we can turn on from sleep from 4 touch screen controls below, what setting I must take?

I've seen an app that does this but it is experimental and buggy. Maybe someone else in here can better answer this question.

2. How to manage application, so we can categorize application, games, etc...

Most launchers will allow you to do this by creating folders in the app drawer to categorize your apps.

3. How to apply new Theme, does we can go straight to theme applicator, what we must do?

Root your phone, install a custom ROM and then look for themes for your ROM. There are several for CTMod. Find the threads and follow the instruction on how to apply.

4. Can I update this Device to ICS ?

NO. Not yet.

5. How to set every application we download always store on MicroSD Card?

Why do you want to do that? The Marquee has 3gigs of internal storage. Also, there are quite a few apps that will not work properly when transferred to the sd card. If you still want to do this, you might want to look at App2sd. You will need to format your sd card accordingly.

6. How to make the date and day appear on homescreen, not just on lock-screen ?

Get a widget that will allow you to do this. I recommend Beautiful Widgets.
Jay Aristide likes this.
__________________
Is there a reason you're not rooted yet??
Do the right thing and hit THANKS!
wetbiker7 is online now  
Last edited by wetbiker7; July 9th, 2012 at 11:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
liemjerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thank you wetbiker about your answer..

Ok,
So, we just "only" can switch the display on from Power button above..its OK when I can't change any setting in Marquee.

For organize application, I have downloaded from GooglePlay : The Appication Manager, seems interesting and so easy to organize

About root my Marquee, what's the effect(s) instead of I can Apply Theme in my Marquee ?

Application that I download from Google Play, naturally saved on Phone memory, but I have just downloaded application that can move application that "surely" can move to MicroSD Card (not every application can), It's OK..

I have just downloaded Digital Clock Widget, It just appear Clock, not weather.

What's the BEST WIDGET as you suggest for me that can completely give information about : Clock, Day, Weather, etc that simple looks but elegant/modern-look ?

Thank you agan Wetbiker, nice to chat with you
liemjerry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
wetbiker7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: So-Cal
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,296
 
Device(s): SamsungGalaxy S3, LG Marquee, Asus TF300T 32GB w/ dock, SamsungGalaxy Prevail
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 1,918
Thanked 3,252 Times in 2,151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liemjerry View Post
Thank you wetbiker about your answer..

Ok,
So, we just "only" can switch the display on from Power button above..its OK when I can't change any setting in Marquee.

For organize application, I have downloaded from GooglePlay : The Appication Manager, seems interesting and so easy to organize

About root my Marquee, what's the effect(s) instead of I can Apply Theme in my Marquee ?

Application that I download from Google Play, naturally saved on Phone memory, but I have just downloaded application that can move application that "surely" can move to MicroSD Card (not every application can), It's OK..

I have just downloaded Digital Clock Widget, It just appear Clock, not weather.

What's the BEST WIDGET as you suggest for me that can completely give information about : Clock, Day, Weather, etc that simple looks but elegant/modern-look ?

Thank you agan Wetbiker, nice to chat with you
Ok the benefits of rooting your phone are many. Not only can you run many more apps, you can also remove all of the "Bloatware". These are apps that most people do not use and can only be removed by rooting. In other words, the apps are basically locked in the ROM.

Rooting your phone will give you access to all of the system files too. This is very helpful when running custom ROMs and modifying your phone.

The best widget that I recommend for clock weather. etc. is called Beautiful Widgets. I've had it for a long time and it has many themes that you can download to help customize the look of your phone.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.
wetbiker7 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 01:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
wetbiker7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: So-Cal
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,296
 
Device(s): SamsungGalaxy S3, LG Marquee, Asus TF300T 32GB w/ dock, SamsungGalaxy Prevail
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 1,918
Thanked 3,252 Times in 2,151 Posts
Default

Here is an app that is something like you are looking for. It will wake your phone with the wave of a hand without using your power button. This link is for the free version but there is a paid version too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.MarksThinkTank.WaveControl&feature= nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd
wetbiker7 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
liemjerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetbiker7 View Post
Ok the benefits of rooting your phone are many. Not only can you run many more apps, you can also remove all of the "Bloatware". These are apps that most people do not use and can only be removed by rooting. In other words, the apps are basically locked in the ROM.

Rooting your phone will give you access to all of the system files too. This is very helpful when running custom ROMs and modifying your phone.

The best widget that I recommend for clock weather. etc. is called Beautiful Widgets. I've had it for a long time and it has many themes that you can download to help customize the look of your phone.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.
Thank you wetbiker, one again many thanks for your help

Ok, I decide to Root my Marquee, so is there any STEP BY STEP procedure that I can follow to root My Marquee safely ?
liemjerry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 01:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
wetbiker7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: So-Cal
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,296
 
Device(s): SamsungGalaxy S3, LG Marquee, Asus TF300T 32GB w/ dock, SamsungGalaxy Prevail
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 1,918
Thanked 3,252 Times in 2,151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liemjerry View Post
Thank you wetbiker, one again many thanks for your help

Ok, I decide to Root my Marquee, so is there any STEP BY STEP procedure that I can follow to root My Marquee safely ?

Read through the All Things Root section. There is a ton of info in there for you. There is also a step-by-step thread for rooting your phone.

Marquee - All Things Root - Android Forums
wetbiker7 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Jay Aristide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dyer, Tennessee, USA
Posts: 237
 
Device(s): LG Marquee w/CTMod 3.68 & Hyper 2.0, Google Nexus 7 16GB - PA w/_motley's kernel
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 48
Thanked 71 Times in 54 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Aristide
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetbiker7 View Post
Read through the All Things Root section. There is a ton of info in there for you. There is also a step-by-step thread for rooting your phone.

Marquee - All Things Root - Android Forums
Someone should do an out-of-the-box to CTMod 3.68 step-by-step guide (including ota update to latest, etc.)
wetbiker7 and mkfryan like this.
__________________
Jay is Daede
http://www.daede.com/
If I helped you, please hit "Thanks" :-)
Proudly displayed on our front door!
DO YOUR PART TO END TYRANNY!
Jay Aristide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 06:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
liemjerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks wetbiker..all my questions above is answered well
Thanks so much
wetbiker7 likes this.
liemjerry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2012, 12:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
wetbiker7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: So-Cal
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,296
 
Device(s): SamsungGalaxy S3, LG Marquee, Asus TF300T 32GB w/ dock, SamsungGalaxy Prevail
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 1,918
Thanked 3,252 Times in 2,151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liemjerry View Post
Thanks wetbiker..all my questions above is answered well
Thanks so much

No problem. Glad I could help.
wetbiker7 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wetbiker7 For This Useful Post:
breadnatty08 (July 28th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
liemjerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ok, thanks all, thanks wetbiker.
wetbiker7 likes this.
liemjerry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2012, 03:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
wetbiker7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: So-Cal
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,296
 
Device(s): SamsungGalaxy S3, LG Marquee, Asus TF300T 32GB w/ dock, SamsungGalaxy Prevail
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 1,918
Thanked 3,252 Times in 2,151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liemjerry View Post
Ok, thanks all, thanks wetbiker.
So how are you liking your Marquee? What all have you done to it?
wetbiker7 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2012, 06:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
emanuelrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 190
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default

i buy marquee in a week ago is a great phone only thing battery eat to fast and yesterday lost signal a bad prl update but was easy fix the issue
emanuelrv is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

LG Marquee
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The LG Marquee is Sprint's version of the LG Optimus Black. It's a sleek and thin phone and Sprint's angling it toward those who make their purchase decisions based on fashion. Even with that, it's still quite a capable phone with a... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Marquee
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.