I have some questions about managing applications and installation. So far, I have found two ways to get to apps. (I am sure there are better apps and more sophisticated ways - I did download and install ASTRO File Manager - but it seems far too complicated for my level of novice at this point. Don't worry, I'll get there.
1) Apps => Application Manager
- shows list of "Installed Apps" and "Apps to Install".
- Interestingly, it doesn't show any
of the apps I have already downloaded and installed. What's up with that?
- It does
show several apps that don't appear on my Apps screen/page/drawer (still working on proper terminology): Bubbles, Marionette, Tom's Dinner, User Guide. The only choice here, though, is to "Uninstall". What the heck are these apps and how do I get to them and open them?
2) Menu => App settings
- This has three tabs at the top: Downloaded, Running and All. Here I can see what I think are all
of my apps.
- Is this the better "place" (app?) to uninstall an app? Since many apps do not appear using the Application Manager above, I guess this would be the only choice for those.
- Again, I see some of those same apps (Bubbles, Marionette, Tom's Dinner, User Guide) that are not on my Apps screen. I still can't find a way to get to them.
Thanks to all with the patience to bear with me.