Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Motion 4G

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 2nd, 2013, 10:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Surprised Audio popping

New LG Motion running stock ICS is making popping noises when skipping tracks in Google Music or on stock music player so it's not an app issue. What's more frustrating is that it's intermittent. No EQ is running. I don't notice the pop when plugged in to headphones but I do notice noisy interference in the background when skipping tracks.

I have powered off and restarted the phone. Tried turning off wifi, data, bluetooth. Tried different cables. This is happening both in car and when connected to home stereo.
Could it be a problem with the headphone jack?
The first few times I listened I didn't notice the popping. The phone received the latest update a few days ago so maybe that was it.
If I do a hard reset, I'll need to restore from backup right? Is there a program that I can use to backup to PC? I don't have an SD card yet.

Anybody else having this issue?
I really love the phone otherwise and would like to avoid returning it.
Thanks!

JHiott is offline  
Last edited by JHiott; February 2nd, 2013 at 10:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
2GigayteSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: ▂▃▅▆█ MetroPOS
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,940
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G, Three Sammy Admires, SGT 2 7.0, Some random Nextbook tablet.
Carrier: MetroPOS

Thanks: 839
Thanked 468 Times in 322 Posts
Default Re: Audio popping

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHiott View Post
New LG Motion running stock ICS is making popping noises when skipping tracks in Google Music or on stock music player so it's not an app issue. What's more frustrating is that it's intermittent. No EQ is running. I don't notice the pop when plugged in to headphones but I do notice noisy interference in the background when skipping tracks.

I have powered off and restarted the phone. Tried turning off wifi, data, bluetooth. Tried different cables. This is happening both in car and when connected to home stereo.
Could it be a problem with the headphone jack?
The first few times I listened I didn't notice the popping. The phone received the latest update a few days ago so maybe that was it.
If I do a hard reset, I'll need to restore from backup right? Is there a program that I can use to backup to PC? I don't have an SD card yet.

Anybody else having this issue?
I really love the phone otherwise and would like to avoid returning it.
Thanks!
When did you get the phone? Are you rooted? Are you on firmware C, D, or E? Go to Settings>About Phone>Software Version to find out.
2GigayteSD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GigayteSD View Post
When did you get the phone? Are you rooted? Are you on firmware C, D, or E? Go to Settings>About Phone>Software Version to find out.
Got the phone last week.

Not rooted

E firmware
JHiott is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Tried a factory reset but still having same issue.
Found out that the noise is also happening when switching phone from vibrate to sound mode also. Sounds like it could be something wrong with the audio chip.
Thoughts?
JHiott is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Update:
Replaced phone but still getting popping sound when tracks skip.
Also having same issue on F firmware that just came out.
JHiott is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
2GigayteSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: ▂▃▅▆█ MetroPOS
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,940
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G, Three Sammy Admires, SGT 2 7.0, Some random Nextbook tablet.
Carrier: MetroPOS

Thanks: 839
Thanked 468 Times in 322 Posts
Default Re: Audio popping

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHiott View Post
Update:
Replaced phone but still getting popping sound when tracks skip.
Also having same issue on F firmware that just came out.
What apps do you have in the background?
2GigayteSD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Using Bluetooth to stream music now, bypassing headphone jack.
Problem resolved!
JHiott is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

LG Motion 4G
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The LG Motion 4G is another mid-tier device, this time headed straight to Metro PCS customers. It may not be a superphone you have beend reaming of, but it will do great considering its $150 price-point.  It's 1.2 GHz dual-core processor... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Motion 4G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.