Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Motion 4G

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree24Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 10th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #51 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
Only problem with 4 shared is that you must have an account to download anything.
I use MediaFire. Their free account offering also has a huge 50GB capacity and requires no user accounts or sign in procedures to DL. I'm not really sure what the DL limits are /mo for the free accounts, they do have bandwidth limits on their paid accounts, but they are ad supported which means there might not be a limit. In any case I have never reached a hard stop limit with my free account. Also they support direct linking to the hosted files AND the link doesn't break if you decide to reorganize ur file structure on their servers, such as u would when reorganizing files to make them easier to find later. You can also upgrade a specific file and keep the same directlink so u don't break any posted links such as u would when u originally hosted a firmware cab file and later want to upgrade it to a kdz.

I've been using them for years and am seriously considering upgrading to a paid account for some feature upgrades, mainly direct uploading from my website, which would allow my users to send files to my account without having to host them elsewhere first.

I think MediaFire would be extremely useful for some of u guys here who like to host files for the community.

*****Disclaimer****
I am in no way affiliated with MediaFire and am not trying to sell anyone anything. I AM, however, a very satisfied user of their FREE service.
Tokenpoke likes this.

CTsnit is offline  
Last edited by CTsnit; February 10th, 2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Continuity
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CTsnit For This Useful Post:
Sepero (February 11th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old February 10th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #52 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,305
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus M---------------- LG Optimus V on U Firmware LG Optimus S
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,071
Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,389 Posts
Default Re: How can I downgrade back to D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTsnit View Post
I use MediaFire. Their free account offering also has a huge 50GB capacity and requires no user accounts or sign in procedures to DL. I'm not really sure what the DL limits are /mo for the free accounts, they do have bandwidth limits on their paid accounts, but they are ad supported which means there might not be a limit. In any case I have never reached a hard stop limit with my free account. Also they support direct linking to the hosted files AND the link doesn't break if you decide to reorganize ur file structure on their servers, such as u would when reorganizing files to make them easier to find later. You can also upgrade a specific file and keep the same directlink so u don't break any posted links such as u would when u originally hosted a firmware cab file and later want to upgrade it to a kdz.

I've been using them for years and am seriously considering upgrading to a paid account for some feature upgrades, mainly direct uploading from my website, which would allow my users to send files to my account without having to host them elsewhere first.

I think MediaFire would be extremely useful for some of u guys here who like to host files for the community.

*****Disclaimer****
I am in no way affiliated with MediaFire and am not trying to sell anyone anything. I AM, however, a very satisfied user of their FREE service.
Problem with that, you must split files into 200 MBs each to upload.
2GigayteSD and CTsnit like this.
__________________
With some reading of threads and asking questions, newbies become experts.
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sammyz For This Useful Post:
Sepero (February 11th, 2013)
Old February 10th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #53 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
Problem with that, you must split files into 200 MBs each to upload.
Didn't think of that. All my currently hosted files are in the <100mb size range.
CTsnit is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CTsnit For This Useful Post:
Sepero (February 11th, 2013)
Old February 10th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #54 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,305
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus M---------------- LG Optimus V on U Firmware LG Optimus S
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,071
Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,389 Posts
Default Re: How can I downgrade back to D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTsnit View Post
Didn't think of that. All my currently hosted files are in the <100mb size range.
I've tried many sites, and many of them don't have what I'm looking for:
Little to no wait time
No file size limit
No need for others to register
File is never blocked/deleted
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sammyz For This Useful Post:
Sepero (February 11th, 2013)
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
killericarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 211
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Default Re: How can I downgrade back to D?

Dial 611 man its very simple just have them re provision your Sim. Actually just tell them you have problems connecting to the internet that your speeds are slow and you see the 4g icon disappear a lot. There is birthing wrong with version e its all in your head. Ver e is the most stable out of them all and tether works for me I've switched back and forth between all versions and did ota updates from every version. Never had any of those issues
killericarus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #56 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killericarus View Post
Dial 611 man its very simple just have them re provision your Sim. Actually just tell them you have problems connecting to the internet that your speeds are slow and you see the 4g icon disappear a lot. There is birthing wrong with version e its all in your head. Ver e is the most stable out of them all and tether works for me I've switched back and forth between all versions and did ota updates from every version. Never had any of those issues
I would normally agree with u killer as I also have not noticed any problems with E. However, I did try upgrading my second Motion form D to E yesterday and LG is no longer pushing it via OTA. So I might take this as meaning LG found something they didn't like and stopped pushing the update. I have read on here that u can still d/l E and upgrade via USB.

But for the OP, if u have E leave it be IMHO. I still agree with killer on that point
CTsnit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
killericarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 211
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Default Re: How can I downgrade back to D?

D has seemingly disappeared. I forgot what it says when you try to dl it but basically your forbidden. I might have it still on my cloud storage idk. D was buggy and rebooted a hell of a lot. Seriously you don't want D. Lg watches the net for what is done to their phones they knew about the exploit that was found that's why some people have reported that ota broke root. They also knew D was over clocked and buggy. Why they kept the cpu @1.5 with E was probly because like me, after I got rid of D I then realized a way to stabilize it so it didn't reboot constantly. But why bother when i knew E was working better
killericarus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
killericarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 211
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Default Re: How can I downgrade back to D?

And yeah I have e it's easy to install just follow the unroot method. And don't read into everything cause it's not always there j/s don't take that the wrong way. More than likely E is no longer ota because there is a new one coming and it will probably disable the root exploit that was found so.... Again j/s
killericarus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #59 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killericarus View Post
D has seemingly disappeared. I forgot what it says when you try to dl it but basically your forbidden. I might have it still on my cloud storage idk. D was buggy and rebooted a hell of a lot. Seriously you don't want D. Lg watches the net for what is done to their phones they knew about the exploit that was found that's why some people have reported that ota broke root. They also knew D was over clocked and buggy. Why they kept the cpu @1.5 with E was probly because like me, after I got rid of D I then realized a way to stabilize it so it didn't reboot constantly. But why bother when i knew E was working better
LG broke most of their d/l links but this thread has links to C/D/E

(Questions on Updates/Update Releases Here) Official Motion 4G 10c/d/e/f Firmware
CTsnit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:28 PM   #60 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,305
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus M---------------- LG Optimus V on U Firmware LG Optimus S
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,071
Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,389 Posts
Default Re: How can I downgrade back to D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTsnit View Post
LG broke most of their d/l links but this thread has links to C/D/E

(Questions on Updates/Update Releases Here) Official Motion 4G 10c/d/e/f Firmware
And now F too
New update today!!
2GigayteSD and CTsnit like this.
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sammyz For This Useful Post:
CTsnit (February 11th, 2013), Sepero (February 12th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:58 PM   #61 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
And now F too
New update today!!
Noticed that, thank you!
CTsnit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:16 AM   #62 (permalink)
Linux Guru
 
Sepero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 871
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,045
Thanked 559 Times in 218 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
I've tried many sites, and many of them don't have what I'm looking for:
Little to no wait time
No file size limit
No need for others to register
File is never blocked/deleted
Due to the file size, the best solution might be to find a way to simply use p2p sharing. I don't have a super fast internet, but I'd be the first volunteer to get the ball rolling. People will need to seed for it to work.

How does something like this look for starters?
LG MS770 10c Firmware (MS77010c_03)
sammyz likes this.
Sepero is offline  
Last edited by Sepero; February 12th, 2013 at 08:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:15 AM   #63 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,305
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus M---------------- LG Optimus V on U Firmware LG Optimus S
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,071
Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,389 Posts
Default Re: How can I downgrade back to D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepero View Post
Due to the file size, the best solution might be to find a way to simply use p2p sharing. I don't have a super fast internet, but I'd be the first volunteer to get the ball rolling. People will need to seed for it to work.

How does something like this look for starters?
LG MS770 10c Firmware (MS77010c_03)
That would definitely be the best way, but we would need a ton of seeders....hmm
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:45 AM   #64 (permalink)
Linux Guru
 
Sepero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 871
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,045
Thanked 559 Times in 218 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyz View Post
That would definitely be the best way, but we would need a ton of seeders....hmm
I would bet that lots of people would if we simply asked them. Not everybody knows how to create a torrent link, so we just need a few technical people (like ourselves) to get the links started. Then anyone with a torrent client can volunteer to help. Perhaps you could just put the request for seeders at the top of the OP.
Sepero is offline  
Last edited by Sepero; February 12th, 2013 at 09:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:46 AM   #65 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,305
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus M---------------- LG Optimus V on U Firmware LG Optimus S
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,071
Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,389 Posts
Default Re: How can I downgrade back to D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepero View Post
I would bet that lots of people would if we simply asked them. Not everybody knows how to create a torrent link, so we just need a few technical people (like ourselves) to get the links started. Then anyone with a torrent client can volunteer to help. Perhaps just put it at the top of the OP.
After school, until then, feel free to make a thread asking for help.
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:50 AM   #66 (permalink)
Linux Guru
 
Sepero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 871
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,045
Thanked 559 Times in 218 Posts
Default

I would say we just test it out for a while with a few firmware. If it works out, then perhaps try it on more firmware, and see where it takes us.

Since our other options don't look good, I figure it doesn't hurt to try torrent links.
Sepero is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
killericarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 211
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Default Re: How can I downgrade back to D?

that's definitely an option but unless there is 1 perminate seeder it would fail
Sepero likes this.
killericarus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #68 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,305
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus M---------------- LG Optimus V on U Firmware LG Optimus S
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,071
Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,389 Posts
Default Re: How can I downgrade back to D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killericarus View Post
that's definitely an option but unless there is 1 perminate seeder it would fail
Yea who wants to perma-seed?
Sepero likes this.
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #69 (permalink)
Linux Guru
 
Sepero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 871
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,045
Thanked 559 Times in 218 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killericarus View Post
that's definitely an option but unless there is 1 perminate seeder it would fail
killericarus is correct. I think that if we can find a few good and dedicated voluteers, then it may be possible to have multiple permanent seeders. With increasing harddrive capacities, one person could store several gigabytes of firmware files.

I created this thread to get things going. I feel we should consider this as an experiment. If it doesn't work, then we haven't loss much, and we go back to trying to find free hosts. But if it does work, then that will be great news, and we can spread this to firmwares for other phones.
sammyz likes this.
Sepero is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
killericarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 211
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Default Re: How can I downgrade back to D?

I hate to sound like a parrot but again still trying to get my server back then i would have a dedicated seeded torrent
sammyz likes this.
killericarus is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to killericarus For This Useful Post:
2GigayteSD (February 12th, 2013), sammyz (February 12th, 2013), Sepero (February 12th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #71 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,305
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus M---------------- LG Optimus V on U Firmware LG Optimus S
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,071
Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,389 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killericarus View Post
I hate to sound like a parrot but again still trying to get my server back then i would have a dedicated seeded torrent
Let us know when your server is up
2GigayteSD likes this.
sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
killericarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 211
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Default Re: How can I downgrade back to D?

it all depends on if she wants to be nice
killericarus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #73 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
sammyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,305
 
Device(s): LG Motion 4G---- LG Optimus M---------------- LG Optimus V on U Firmware LG Optimus S
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 2,071
Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,389 Posts
Default Re: How can I downgrade back to D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killericarus View Post
it all depends on if she wants to be nice
There are many ways to make her nice




sammyz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
killericarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 211
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Default Re: How can I downgrade back to D?

Lmfao
killericarus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

LG Motion 4G
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The LG Motion 4G is another mid-tier device, this time headed straight to Metro PCS customers. It may not be a superphone you have beend reaming of, but it will do great considering its $150 price-point.  It's 1.2 GHz dual-core processor... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Motion 4G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.