March 20th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Rooting Project
Hello All, I know I’m a noob so I guess this isn’t a post for the more experienced but I wanted to help other noobs. Or try to help anyway. First as always the disclaimer:
There is a possibility that you will fatally damage ("brick") your phone by rooting it, depending on the method. AFAIK most of methods below have general support on XDA and won't cause problems.
• You are probably voiding your warranty by rooting your phone.
• Do NOT accept over-the-air updates if you root your phone. You can potentially gently caress up your phone this way. Check the XDA forums to see if it is safe, or if there is a ROM that incorporates the update, or a workaround.
• A note about radios: If you decide to manually flash a radio, read this. If you flash the same radio version twice you can brick your phone. If you flash a radio that is incompatible with your phone, you can brick it. Be very very very careful when flashing radios; you usually don't have to so leave it alone.
Model Number: LG-E739
Android Version: 2.3.4
Kernel Version: 18.104.22.168-perf
Build Number: GRj22
Software Version: V10k-OCT-11-2011
I rooted my phone using this method but if it doesn’t work for you do not hold me responsible because you decided to root and potentially void your warranty. I am just telling how it worked for me.
Download these files
1. LG Phone Drivers, most likely using the LG Mobile Support Tool
2. Unlockroot at unlockroot. com
Once I did that I went into menu/settings/Applications to check apps from unknown sources.
Then I down to Development to enable usb debugging and stay awake while charging.
Then watched this video and additionally, there is no need to download superuser because unlockroot installs that for you when it roots your phone.
And again, Root at your own discretion but running cm7nightlys right now. Pretty cool and hope all is well with your project.