Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus F6

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rukbat

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 30th, 2014, 11:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Some noob F6 Questions

Hey, so I just got my LG Optimus F6 (Metro PCS) last night and activated it (just switched from LG Motion 4G), and I have a couple questions.

1. I cannot move the app drawer icon. It is locked on the bottom right slot of the icon dock on the home screen. The other icons can be moved, but when I hold down the icon for the App Drawer, it doesn't even go into the home screen edit mode (Where you can move apps, delete them from home screen, etc.) I was able to move it on my LG Motion, so I found this odd... Is there any way to move it? (Note: I'd prefer to keep stock launcher, if possible.)

I want the two icons circled in red to be switched.


2. A really cool feature on this phone is the Wi-Fi calling, however, since the moment I turned on the phone, it has a red icon at the top that says "REG09 'Missing 911 Address'". How do I fix this? (remember I'm with Metro, not T-Mobile).

Advertisements
The 4lpha is offline  
Last edited by The 4lpha; January 30th, 2014 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Added illustration.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 30th, 2014, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,401
 
Device(s): Note3 running X-Note 4.3 in Safestrap Stock slot.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 16
Thanked 2,877 Times in 2,639 Posts
Default

1) Try moving the contact icon - all the wway to the right. (Drop it on the app drawer icon. That may shift things over. Then you play the 15-puzzle game to make the icons go where you want.)

2) Call Metro - I believe that's part of the account provisioning.
The 4lpha likes this.
Rukbat is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rukbat For This Useful Post:
The 4lpha (February 1st, 2014)
Old January 30th, 2014, 07:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 55
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Default

To my knowledge.... The app drawer icon is "stuck" on the right bottom corner.... Unless you decide to download a custom launcher and 101 other things along with it.... Whats wrong with the placement of the app drawer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 4lpha View Post
Hey, so I just got my LG Optimus F6 (Metro PCS) last night and activated it (just switched from LG Motion 4G), and I have a couple questions.

1. I cannot move the app drawer icon. It is locked on the bottom right slot of the icon dock on the home screen. The other icons can be moved, but when I hold down the icon for the App Drawer, it doesn't even go into the home screen edit mode (Where you can move apps, delete them from home screen, etc.) I was able to move it on my LG Motion, so I found this odd... Is there any way to move it? (Note: I'd prefer to keep stock launcher, if possible.)

I want the two icons circled in red to be switched.


2. A really cool feature on this phone is the Wi-Fi calling, however, since the moment I turned on the phone, it has a red icon at the top that says "REG09 'Missing 911 Address'". How do I fix this? (remember I'm with Metro, not T-Mobile).
lucasmun09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2014, 09:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
1) Try moving the contact icon - all the wway to the right. (Drop it on the app drawer icon. That may shift things over. Then you play the 15-puzzle game to make the icons go where you want.)

2) Call Metro - I believe that's part of the account provisioning.
I've tried moving the icons over top and to the far right, no luck. :/

And ok thank you, I will call Metro!

And there's nothing 'wrong' with the placement of the App Drawer, I'd just prefer it centered, like on all the other android phone's I've seen/owned.
The 4lpha is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2014, 12:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: los angeles
Posts: 5
 
Device(s): LG Optimus M
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to stirfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 4lpha View Post
I've tried moving the icons over top and to the far right, no luck. :/

And ok thank you, I will call Metro!

And there's nothing 'wrong' with the placement of the App Drawer, I'd just prefer it centered, like on all the other android phone's I've seen/owned.
You can download ADW or Nova launcher to move the icons and customize the look and feel.

For WiFi calling you can disable it if you're not gonna use it, but I think you can also call a number they give you when they notify you about it not having emergency calls. I decided to turn mine off just so I didn't have to mess with anything.
stirfe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

LG Optimus F6
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:




Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus F6
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.