Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus (GT540)

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By californiakid

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 19th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Can't connect to gmail

Hy , i have a problem with my Lg ,i can't connect (or create) to G-mail. When i try to connect appears :
"Can't establish a realiable data connection to the server.
This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services.If it continues, call Customer Care. "
My phone is LG gt 540 , android 2.1
Can help me somewone pls ?

catalin245 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to catalin245 For This Useful Post:
igwe (April 3rd, 2014)
sponsored links
Old January 19th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 329
 
Device(s): LG GT540 Android 4.0 ICS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 60 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalin245 View Post
Hy , i have a problem with my Lg ,i can't connect (or create) to G-mail. When i try to connect appears :
"Can't establish a realiable data connection to the server.
This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services.If it continues, call Customer Care. "
My phone is LG gt 540 , android 2.1
Can help me somewone pls ?
Seems like a data problem, are you connecting over Wifi or 3g? do you have a 3g signal? in settings, wireless and networks, mobile networks is mobile data enabled? if you are using 3g do you have a data included in your tariff? (if not some carriers could reject data access to save you money.)
__________________
LG GT540 CyanogenMod 9, Android 4.0.3

Delsus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsus View Post
Seems like a data problem, are you connecting over Wifi or 3g? do you have a 3g signal? in settings, wireless and networks, mobile networks is mobile data enabled? if you are using 3g do you have a data included in your tariff? (if not some carriers could reject data access to save you money.)
I try connect Wifi and 3g , but i have same problem (Wifi low semnal...) I don't know my mobile data is enable and yes, i have data in my tariff (unlimited). Youtube, Facebook, Google (search) , all work , but i can't log on to G-mail
catalin245 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 02:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 329
 
Device(s): LG GT540 Android 4.0 ICS
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 60 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalin245 View Post
I try connect Wifi and 3g , but i have same problem (Wifi low semnal...) I don't know my mobile data is enable and yes, i have data in my tariff (unlimited). Youtube, Facebook, Google (search) , all work , but i can't log on to G-mail
Gmail uses your google account, so if you have your phone connected to your google account it should sync automatically, you might want to check your google account is set to sync automatically.

Is it paticularly saying its not logging in, check market and other gapps, if it logs in it must be a sync problem.
Delsus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2012, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I found a solution that worked for me. I turned off 2-step verification in my gmail account and was able to log into my gmail account on my android phone. I almost jumped up and down! Hope that this helps somebody out there.
ankitnice likes this.
californiakid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You don't have to cancel your 2-step verification. You only need to define an application-specific password. This is a password that is used only for some applications, including android 2.3 and earlier versions.
Page link: https://www.google.com/accounts/IssuedAuthSubTokens (you will be asked to confirm your password, first).
aserahmad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

LG Optimus
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The LG Optimus is LG's second addition to the Android world. Rockin' Android 1.6, a 3 megapixel camera, and a 3" touchscreen, the LG Optimus is a good choice for someone looking for a low end Android device. ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus (GT540)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.