Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus M Plus

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 23rd, 2012, 05:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
alfick3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,294
 
Device(s): Moto G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,250
Thanked 284 Times in 244 Posts
Default Lost my lock screen sound

So the other day my lock/unlock sound stopped working. The check is still in the box under the volume menu, but it just doesn't make the sound any more. I've checked the volume and everything is up full.

Does any one know where the lock sound is stored in the file system, and what the name of the file is? I'd like to see if it is still there or if it somehow got deleted.

Thanks in advance.
Al

Advertisements
__________________
My phones (current to 1st): Moto G, Alcatel OneTouch Evolve, LG Motion 4G, LG Optimus M+, LG Optimus M
alfick3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 26th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Goldenakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): Samsung Mobile Galaxy Note III HTC EVO 4G LTE (Sense 4+ Stock) / LG Optimus M+ (MetroPCS) / Huawei
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 18
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfick3 View Post
So the other day my lock/unlock sound stopped working. The check is still in the box under the volume menu, but it just doesn't make the sound any more. I've checked the volume and everything is up full.

Does any one know where the lock sound is stored in the file system, and what the name of the file is? I'd like to see if it is still there or if it somehow got deleted.

Thanks in advance.
Al
I thought i was the only one this has happened to. This same situation happened to me about 6 times now and the only way ive been able to solve it is to do a system reset
Goldenakin is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Goldenakin For This Useful Post:
alfick3 (September 26th, 2012)
Old September 26th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
alfick3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,294
 
Device(s): Moto G
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 1,250
Thanked 284 Times in 244 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenakin View Post
I thought i was the only one this has happened to. This same situation happened to me about 6 times now and the only way ive been able to solve it is to do a system reset
Thanks for the reply. I hadn't thought of a system reset. Do you mean do a factory data reset through the settings> privacy menu? Do you keep root, or do you have to redo that as well?
alfick3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 03:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Goldenakin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Gender: Male
Posts: 109
 
Device(s): Samsung Mobile Galaxy Note III HTC EVO 4G LTE (Sense 4+ Stock) / LG Optimus M+ (MetroPCS) / Huawei
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 18
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfick3 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I hadn't thought of a system reset. Do you mean do a factory data reset through the settings> privacy menu? Do you keep root, or do you have to redo that as well?
Yes thru the privacy menu. you do lose root because the old superuser app isnt compatible with the new binarys so you may have to go thru the same root process
Goldenakin is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Goldenakin For This Useful Post:
alfick3 (October 3rd, 2012)
Reply

LG Optimus M Plus
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The LG Optimus M+ launched as an affordable device for Metro PCS. It is also the successor to the LG Optimus M (Optimus One). But the specs haven't been improved as much as we would expect. The device comes with an 800 MHz processor, a 3.5-i... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Optimus M Plus
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.